Home > Vicodin > Shaking palsy > Vicodin and Shaking palsy
Review: could Vicodin cause Shaking palsy (Parkinson's disease)?
Summary: Shaking palsy is found among people who take Vicodin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prevacid, and have Anxiety.
We study 32,551 people who have side effects while taking Vicodin from FDA and social media. Among them, 38 have Shaking palsy. Find out below who they are, when they have Shaking palsy and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vicodin and have Shaking palsy >>>
Vicodin (latest outcomes from 35,313 users) has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain.
Shaking palsy (disorder of the central nervous system characterized by tremor and impaired muscular coordination) (latest reports from 23,016 patients) has been reported by people with parkinson's disease, depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, bipolar disorder.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 32,541 people reported to have side effects when taking Vicodin. Among them, 38 people (0.12%) have Shaking Palsy.
Time on Vicodin when people have Shaking palsy * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Shaking palsy||80.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Shaking palsy when taking Vicodin * :
|Shaking palsy||65.12%||34.88% |
Age of people who have Shaking palsy when taking Vicodin * :
|Shaking palsy||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.06%||27.27%||66.67% |
Severity of Shaking palsy when taking Vicodin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Shaking palsy||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Shaking palsy ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Shaking palsy||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (12 people, 31.58%)
- Pain (9 people, 23.68%)
- Antidepressant therapy (9 people, 23.68%)
- Osteoporosis (8 people, 21.05%)
- Arthritis (8 people, 21.05%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prevacid (18 people, 47.37%)
- Metoclopramide (16 people, 42.11%)
- Prednisone (15 people, 39.47%)
- Sinemet (14 people, 36.84%)
- Plaquenil (14 people, 36.84%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Shaking Palsy while taking Vicodin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vicodin and have Shaking Palsy
- support group for people who take Vicodin
- support group for people who have Shaking Palsy
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I take 20mg of amitriptyline each notgh to help me sleep. i have just been diagnosed with parkinsons and need to takae azilect, whihc is an mao-b inhibotor, can i take them together
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Parkinson's Disease, and takes Azilect)
Can I take both these tables together? My consultant said it was ok to take both
but the Amitriptyline instructions say do not take with MAO-B inhibitors, Azilect is an MAO-B inhibitors
- Has anyone with parkinson's tried stem cell therapy?
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Parkinson's Disease, and takes Azilect)
I would like to supplement the azilect I take with natural products that will hopefully keep my symptoms stable at least for as long as possible. I'm also very interested in finding out more about the benefit of stem cell therapy.
- Can you take norco while taking garcinia cambogia?
(Asked by a 23 year old woman who takes Garcinia Cambogia, Norco)
Is it ok to take garcinia cambogia while taking norco?
- My husband has been diagnosed with early onset parkinsons at 45. vomiting in the early morning has always been a symptom long before they put him on medications. any ideas? it is not acid reflux.
(Asked by a 46 year old man who has Vomiting , Parkinson's Disease)
Anxiety and acid reflux have been ruled out. He does not have high blood pressure.
- What could be causing eye pain and headacne and bright glaring light on the right side only?
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Occular Migraine, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Lunesta, Trental, Fosinopril Sodium, Ativan, Celexa, Simvastatin, Neurontin, Lortab, Combivent Respimat)
Senitive to light, can't spend long on computer or cell phone. Diagnosed with anklylosing spondylosis
More questions for: Vicodin, Shaking palsy
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Heavy sweating during sleep
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Stent 3 Years Ago RCA, Heart Attack, Prostate Infection, Fractures Nonunion, Tachycardia, Low Blood Pressure, Sweating - Excessive, and takes Saw Palmetto Berry, Valium, Norco, Soma)
Pain killers like Tylenol 3, vicodin 20 years, Valium and Soma 12 years. Sweat heavy during sleep.
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Vicodin, Vitamin D, Depakote, Keppra)
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Steroid Dependent Asthmatic, and takes Proair Hfa, Albuterol Sulfate, Norco, Omeprazole, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Zolpidem Tartrate, Prednisone)
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has b ...
- Xanax bed wetting will it stop and do i wear diapers or die
(Posted by a 48 year old man who has Bedwetting, Confusion, Bone And Joint Pain, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Depression Suicidal, Backaches And Stress, and takes Xanax, Acetaminophen, Wellbutrin, Methadone Hydrochloride, Norco)
I am on the very edge of crazy. So starting this is pushing ne way over. I'm 49 for crap sakes. I am so tired of the pain in my body and I am just tired, this is the last slap I can't anymore. Naturally alcohol I am sure is just about the end game along with cuts.
Just want to bleed out and not hur ...
- Fibromyalgia & related health issues
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism, Aortic Valve Disease, Left Ventricular Hypertrophy, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Depression, Insomnia, Hormone Replacement Therapy, Deficiency - Vitamin D, Migraine With Aura, Anxiety, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and takes Opana Er, Norco, Temazepam, Lorazepam, Coreg Cr, Benicar, Norvasc, Clonidine, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lamictal, Lexapro, Phenergan)
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
More reviews for: Vicodin, Shaking palsy
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Norco, Simvastatin, Tricor, Lisinopril, Metformin, Gabapentin, Phentermine, Topiramate for a patient with Acid Reflux, Depression, Pain, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Inflammatory Pain, Weight Loss. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: I had some hair thinning over the past 10+ years and was told it was due to HBP and medications. Since taking phentermine and topiramate for weight loss along with the other meds hair loss has tripled at a radical rate. I stopped taking topiramate about a month ago and still the hair keeps falling ...
- A study of drug interactions between Methadone Hydrochloride, Lortab, Norco, Vicodin, Hydrocortone for a patient with Could Not Get Any More Hydrocodone/lortab/vicodin/norco, To Get High/recreational, Pain/to Get High/recreational. The patient has Lack Of Feeling, Aggression Aggravated, Personality Change
Comments: After years of abusing the drugs listed for 20+ years and being on life support for 4 day my husband has emerged forever changed in my eyes. He is a rambler of words, Bipolar, never sleeps, uses adderal for his sleep disorder that does no good because he refuses to sleep and uses excuses of being ab ...
- A study of drug interactions between Neurontin, Norco, Baclofen for a patient with Nerve Injury, Pain - Back. The patient has Inability To Speak, Tongue Spasm
Comments: Start to feel light headed, pressure in head. My tongue began to spasm. Moving backward and forward and side to side. Would last about 45 sec. And stop. During this time was unable to speak. This happened 7 times within a 20 min period. After each episode would have a few minutes of calm before it w ...
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Levoxyl, Alprazolam, Celexa, Abilify for a patient with Chronic Pain, Adult Hypothyroidism, Stress And Anxiety, Depression, Major Depression With Psychotic Features. The patient has Obsessive Thoughts, Compulsive Hair Pulling, Weight Gain, Compulsive Shopping
Comments: I take 20 milligrams of Abilify with 20 mg. of celexa at night with Alprazolam throughout the day and at night to help me sleep. Since taking abilify over the past 10 years I have gained weight that I can't lose, I am always buying lottery tickets, and want to go to gamble obsessively. I also have c ...
- A study of side effects of Norco for a patient with Brain Surgery. The patient has Joint Pain
Comments: I had surgery 5 weeks ago. Was on Norco before surgery and then after surgery. After surgery I developed terrible joint pain in fingers, knees, and terrible pain in bottom of feet. Difficult to walk
More related studies for: Vicodin, Shaking palsy
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.