Review: could Vicodin cause Shaking palsy (Parkinson's disease)?
Summary: Shaking palsy is found among people who take Vicodin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prevacid, and have Stress and anxiety.
We study 32,582 people who have side effects while taking Vicodin from FDA and social media. Among them, 38 have Shaking palsy. Find out below who they are, when they have Shaking palsy and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vicodin and have Shaking palsy >>>
Vicodin has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 35,341 Vicodin users)
Shaking palsy (disorder of the central nervous system characterized by tremor and impaired muscular coordination) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia. (latest reports from 24,130 Shaking palsy patients)
On Apr, 10, 2015: 32,582 people reported to have side effects when taking Vicodin. Among them, 38 people (0.12%) have Shaking Palsy.
Time on Vicodin when people have Shaking palsy * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Shaking palsy||80.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Shaking palsy when taking Vicodin * :
|Shaking palsy||65.12%||34.88% |
Age of people who have Shaking palsy when taking Vicodin * :
|Shaking palsy||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.06%||27.27%||66.67% |
Severity of Shaking palsy when taking Vicodin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Shaking palsy||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Shaking palsy ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Shaking palsy||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (12 people, 31.58%)
- Pain (9 people, 23.68%)
- Antidepressant therapy (9 people, 23.68%)
- Osteoporosis (8 people, 21.05%)
- Arthritis (8 people, 21.05%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prevacid (18 people, 47.37%)
- Metoclopramide (16 people, 42.11%)
- Prednisone (15 people, 39.47%)
- Sinemet (14 people, 36.84%)
- Plaquenil (14 people, 36.84%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of vicodin and shaking palsy on
Do you have Shaking Palsy while taking Vicodin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Vicodin and have Shaking Palsy
- support group for people who take Vicodin
- support group for people who have Shaking Palsy
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a 60-year old woman with Cancer Pain. The patient has Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Gabapentin, Robaxin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Topamax, Cymbalta, Xanax for a 28-year old woman with Degenerative Joint Disease, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Sciatica, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Insomnia, Borderline Personality Disorder, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension. The patient has Nightmares
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Simvastatin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Prilosec Otc, Cayenne, Multivitamin, Melatonin, Fish Oil, Calcium, Biotin, B Complex Vitamin, Tavist Allergy/sinus/headache, Actifed, Norco for a 50-year old woman with General Physical Condition, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Heartburn - Chronic, Edema, General Physical Health Deterioration, Difficulty Falling Asleep, Bone Strength And Calcium, Spoon Nails, Fatigue, Allergies, Chronic Pain. The patient has Enlarged Liver
- A study of drug interactions between Vicodin, Tramadol, Omeprazole, Losartan for a 59-year old man with Pain - Joints, Acid Reflux, Blood Pressure. The patient has Acid Reflux, Pain - Joints, Fatigue - Chronic
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Klonopin, Vicodin, Fentanyl-50, Sinemet Cr, Seroquel, Depakote Er for a 58-year old woman with Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease, Psychosis. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Sweating Fever, Congestive Heart Failure, Hallucinations
Recent Vicodin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.