Review: could Vicodin cause Skin rash (Rashes)?
Summary: Skin rash is found among people who take Vicodin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain.
We study 32,576 people who have side effects while taking Vicodin from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,668 have Skin rash. Find out below who they are, when they have Skin rash and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vicodin and have Skin rash >>>
Vicodin has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 35,336 Vicodin users)
Skin rash (redness) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 146,504 Skin rash patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 32,576 people reported to have side effects when taking Vicodin. Among them, 1,668 people (5.12%) have Skin Rash.
Time on Vicodin when people have Skin rash * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Skin rash||68.18%||15.91%||4.55%||2.27%||6.82%||0.00%||2.27% |
Gender of people who have Skin rash when taking Vicodin * :
|Skin rash||66.44%||33.56% |
Age of people who have Skin rash when taking Vicodin * :
|Skin rash||0.06%||0.00%||0.91%||3.82%||8.61%||21.81%||23.17%||41.62% |
Severity of Skin rash when taking Vicodin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Skin rash||14.29%||14.29%||71.43%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Skin rash ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Skin rash||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (373 people, 22.36%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (139 people, 8.33%)
- Hypertension (135 people, 8.09%)
- Anxiety (122 people, 7.31%)
- Depression (121 people, 7.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (432 people, 25.90%)
- Aspirin (364 people, 21.82%)
- Prednisone (313 people, 18.76%)
- Lasix (266 people, 15.95%)
- Ambien (254 people, 15.23%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Vicodin and skin rash on
Do you have Skin Rash while taking Vicodin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Vicodin and have Skin Rash
- support group for people who take Vicodin
- support group for people who have Skin Rash
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Norco, Coreg for a 57-year old woman with To Add To Coreg For Heart Condition, Pain - Shoulder, Dilated Cardiomyopathy. The patient has Pain In Left Side Of Neck And Back Of Left Side Of Head. Pain In Left Inter Ear.
- A study of side effects of Flovent Hfa for a 58-year old woman with Asthma. The patient has Rash (redness)
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Sertraline for a 53-year old man with Blood Pressure Decreased, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Lip Dry, Burning Eyes, Rash Generalised
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Losartan Potassium, Pravastatin Sodium, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman with Pain, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Depression. The patient has Obesity, Thirst - Excessive
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Norco, Dilaudid, Oxycontin for a 38-year old woman with ADHD, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hydronephrosis, Kidney Palpable, Kidney Stones, Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease, Wound Healing Normal, Herpes Virus Infection, Herpes Zoster, Eczema, Hip Pain, X-ray - Pelvis, Back Pain, Adhd, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Muscle Pain, Brain Mass, Fatigue - Chronic, Seizure - Generalized, Connective Tissue Inflammation, Joint Stiffness, Joint Inflammation, Joint Pain
Recent Vicodin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.