Review: could Vicodin cause Sleeplessness?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 9, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.5/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 32,346 people who take Vicodin. Among them, 1,643 have Sleeplessness. See who they are, when they have Sleeplessness and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Vicodin (latest outcomes from 35,229 users) has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain relief by acupuncture, acupuncture and pain. Commonly reported side effects of Vicodin include pain, pain exacerbated, nausea aggravated, nausea, stress and anxiety.
Sleeplessness (a sleep disorder in which there is an inability to fall asleep or to stay asleep as long as desired) (latest reports from 759,587 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, insomnia, high blood pressure, pain.
On Feb, 25, 2014: 31,215 people reported to have side effects when taking Vicodin. Among them, 1,548 people (4.96%) have Sleeplessness.
Time on Vicodin when people have Sleeplessness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Sleeplessness when taking Vicodin * :
Age of people who have Sleeplessness when taking Vicodin * :
Severity of Sleeplessness when taking Vicodin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Sleeplessness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (341 people, 22.03%)
- Depression (143 people, 9.24%)
- Insomnia (100 people, 6.46%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (93 people, 6.01%)
- Anxiety (91 people, 5.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (369 people, 23.84%)
- Xanax (367 people, 23.71%)
- Oxycontin (356 people, 23.00%)
- Neurontin (351 people, 22.67%)
- Zometa (330 people, 21.32%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Vicodin, Sleeplessness
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Vicodin (acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate) is often used for pain relief by acupuncture. Find out below the conditions Vicodin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Vicodin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Vicodin side effects from A to Z:
Browse Vicodin drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 months ago):
Started with flu-like symptoms 2.5 years ago and has progressed to exhaustion, fatigue. muscles feel like I have ran a marithon to walk minimal distance (like from couch to bathroom--arms and legs, falling asleep driving-even while talking on phone. Cannot concentrate to get work done. Feel ill. Altered time perception-used to be early for everything, now late. Hurt all over still in my joints. started hands and feet, then moved to hips, then all joints. seems to move at times from hands and feet to hips. if weather is bad--i hurt worse.
From this study (1 year ago):
my main concern is the erectile dysfunction, which appeared soon after starting Cymbalta and Oxybutynin, the othercomplaints are, I believe, related to the ARV's
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Vicodin, Sleeplessness
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Insomnia from suboxone
Does Suboxone cause insomnia? Hell yes, I haven't slept properly for years and I wish I had never gone on it. My night is my day and daybreak is when i'm heading off to sleep,I try to wake up about 11 am but that is still half the day gone. I am so so over it, all I can do is reduce my dose
and th ...
- Idiopathic insomnolence
In 1997 I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy with an intolerance to Dexamp(hetamine) tablets.
After 3 years of nose operations, and sleep tests to remove other potential issues (lung problems or apnoea) I have finally been re-diagnosed (2013) with idiopathic insomnolence.
Modaphinil caused a rea ...
- Insomnia from warfarin sodium?
Knee replacement two months ago and taking coumadin (warfarin, 6 mg daily). Had problems sleeping at night I initially attributed to some discomfort with knee replacement. At rehab location for three weeks then came home. Hard time sleeping at night. Watch TV most of night. Some anxiety and would ...
More reviews for: Vicodin, Sleeplessness
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Clonazepam, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Vyvanse for a patient with Pain, Insomnia, Fatigue. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (Fatigue), Depression, Crying, Tremor, Gait Abnormal Nos, Aphasia (Speech impairment (adult)), Bone And Joint Pain (Joint pain), Nausea, Difficulty Falling Asleep (Insomnia), Balance Impaired Nos, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Foot Spasms (Hand or foot spasms), Numbness And Tingling, Confusion, Headache, Choking (Acute upper airway obstruction), Heart Rate Irregular, Postural Hypotension
- A study of drug interactions between Isentress, Prezista, Norvir, Cymbalta, Flomax, Acyclovir, Septra Ds, Restoril, Ativan, Norco, Prilosec, Adderall 30, Prochlorperazine Maleate for a patient with Aids, Neurotic Depression (dysthymia), Urinary Incontinence, Prophylactics, Prophylaxis, Insomnia, Anxiety, Pain In Limb, Barrett's Oesophagus, Fatigue - Chronic, Nausea And Vomiting. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction (Erection problems), Neuropathy Peripheral, Insomnia, Prophylaxis Of Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Celebrex, Ibuprofen, Vicodin for a patient with Back Pain, Pain. The patient has Insomnia
- A study of side effects of Vicodin for a patient with Pain In Jaw. The patient has Night Sweats (sweating in night), Insomnia (sleeplessness)
- A study of side effects of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a patient with Knee Operation. The patient has Hallucination, Visual (seeing things that aren't there), Hallucination, Tactile (sensation of physical contact with an object that isn't there), Anxiety, Insomnia (sleeplessness), Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Alprazolam, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a patient with Anxiety, Pain. The patient has Memory Impairment (Memory loss), Sleeping Difficulty (Insomnia), Passing Out
More related studies for: Vicodin, Sleeplessness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.