Review: could Vicodin cause Tremor?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 7, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.0/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 32,346 people who take Vicodin. Among them, 833 have Tremor. See who they are, when they have Tremor and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Vicodin (latest outcomes from 35,229 users) has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain relief by acupuncture, pain. Commonly reported side effects of Vicodin include pain, pain exacerbated, nausea aggravated, nausea, stress and anxiety.
Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body) (latest reports from 398,732 patients) has been reported by people with depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety.
On Mar, 7, 2014: 32,346 people reported to have side effects when taking Vicodin. Among them, 833 people (2.58%) have Tremor.
Time on Vicodin when people have Tremor * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Tremor when taking Vicodin * :
Age of people who have Tremor when taking Vicodin * :
Severity of Tremor when taking Vicodin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tremor ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (217 people, 26.05%)
- Depression (91 people, 10.92%)
- Osteoporosis (51 people, 6.12%)
- Back pain (43 people, 5.16%)
- Anxiety (43 people, 5.16%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycontin (180 people, 21.61%)
- Xanax (178 people, 21.37%)
- Ambien (146 people, 17.53%)
- Neurontin (146 people, 17.53%)
- Ativan (115 people, 13.81%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Vicodin, Tremor
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Vicodin (acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate) is often used for pain relief by acupuncture. Find out below the conditions Vicodin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Vicodin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Vicodin side effects from A to Z:
Browse Vicodin drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 months ago):
Started with flu-like symptoms 2.5 years ago and has progressed to exhaustion, fatigue. muscles feel like I have ran a marithon to walk minimal distance (like from couch to bathroom--arms and legs, falling asleep driving-even while talking on phone. Cannot concentrate to get work done. Feel ill. Altered time perception-used to be early for everything, now late. Hurt all over still in my joints. started hands and feet, then moved to hips, then all joints. seems to move at times from hands and feet to hips. if weather is bad--i hurt worse.
From this study (4 years ago):
I take pain medication for occipital neuralgia, C2 level and C4-5 (fusion) and arthritis (fingers and neck). I have times when I will break out in a cold sweat, get really weak, anxious and am unable to think. I am not sure if this is related to hormones or medications or both.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Which implants are better? stainless steel or titanium?
Which metallic implants help prevent hand stiffness and help the patient regain full recovery of occupational activities? Stainless steel or Titanium implants?
- What medications cause hair loss
Been experiencing hair loss for several months and the loss has increased the last couple of months. My doctor ran thyroid test and it was normal. The loss has been gradual and it is not breaking off, but coming out at the root.
- Can norco cause heartburn
The use of Norco is causing heartburn. I.ve used various drugs with hydrocodone and Tylenol type drugs such as Lortab, Vicodin, etc. But I,ve never had one cause severe heartburn like this Norco does.
More questions for: Vicodin, Tremor
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Fibromyalgia & related health issues
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
- Living with chronic pain while battling with psychological disorders.
I have had back problems since 2004. I have been on pain management since 2007. A year ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Not only does fibromyalgia cause deep wide spread pain, it also makes me feel lethargic, fluish, and greatly effects my daily life. I also have some psychological conditions ...
More reviews for: Vicodin, Tremor
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Clonazepam, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Vyvanse for a patient with Pain, Insomnia, Fatigue. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (Fatigue), Depression, Crying, Tremor, Gait Abnormal Nos, Aphasia (Speech impairment (adult)), Bone And Joint Pain (Joint pain), Nausea, Difficulty Falling Asleep (Insomnia), Balance Impaired Nos, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Foot Spasms (Hand or foot spasms), Numbness And Tingling, Confusion, Headache, Choking (Acute upper airway obstruction), Heart Rate Irregular, Postural Hypotension
- A study of drug interactions between Prozac, Xanax Xr, Toprol-xl, Fentanyl-100 - 100UGM/HR, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen - 500MG;10MG, Crestor, Vitamin D for a patient with Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Hypertension, Chronic Pain, Neuralgia, High Blood Cholesterol, Vitamin D Deficiency. The patient has Memory Impairment (Memory loss), Tremor, Hot Flashes, Sweating - Excessive (Hyperhidrosis), Muscular Weakness (Weakness), Shivering (Chills)
More related studies for: Vicodin, Tremor
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.