Review: could Victoza cause Abdominal pain upper?
Summary: Abdominal pain upper is found among people who take Victoza, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Metformin hcl, and have Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
We study 12,118 people who have side effects while taking Victoza from FDA and social media. Among them, 400 have Abdominal pain upper. Find out below who they are, when they have Abdominal pain upper and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Victoza and have Abdominal pain upper >>>
Victoza has active ingredients of liraglutide. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Victoza 12,226 users)
Abdominal pain upper
Abdominal pain upper has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, high blood cholesterol, birth control, osteoporosis.(latest reports from Abdominal pain upper 62,426 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 12,114 people reported to have side effects when taking Victoza. Among them, 400 people (3.30%) have Abdominal Pain Upper.
Time on Victoza when people have Abdominal pain upper * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Abdominal pain upper||63.33%||25.56%||5.56%||5.56%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Abdominal pain upper when taking Victoza * :
|Abdominal pain upper||67.05%||32.95% |
Age of people who have Abdominal pain upper when taking Victoza * :
|Abdominal pain upper||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.53%||1.07%||11.47%||36.27%||50.67% |
Severity of Abdominal pain upper when taking Victoza ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Abdominal pain upper||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Abdominal pain upper ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Abdominal pain upper||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (341 people, 85.25%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (21 people, 5.25%)
- Diabetes mellitus (16 people, 4.00%)
- Hypertension (15 people, 3.75%)
- Weight decreased (10 people, 2.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metformin hcl (52 people, 13.00%)
- Aspirin (23 people, 5.75%)
- Lantus (23 people, 5.75%)
- Simvastatin (17 people, 4.25%)
- Amaryl (16 people, 4.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Abdominal Pain Upper while taking Victoza?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Victoza and have Abdominal Pain Upper
- support group for people who take Victoza
- support group for people who have Abdominal Pain Upper
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have been losing a lot of hair since i started using victoria. does the hair loss slow down or stop all together once you have been on the medication for a year or more?
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Hair Loss In Women, and takes Victoza)
I am losing a lot of hair. Will it stop and will the hair grow back in?
- What's the best home remedy for jaundice?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Fatigue, Headache, Elevated Blood Pressure, Eating More Alkaline Foods Helps Reduce Pain, Abdominal Pain Upper, Upper Back Pain, Indigestion, Slightly Yellow, and takes Hydrochlorothiazide)
I started out thinking that I had pancreatitis, had all the symptoms, abdominal pain that went all the way thru to the back & inability to digest food (chronic indigestion). I read about keeping the bodys pH better balanced, bought pH test strips (urine) & found I was very acidic. I began eating mor ...
- Could any of the following drugs cause bullous pemphigoid
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Diabetic, Bullous Pemphigoid , and takes Lisinopril, Metformin, Victoza)
I have not developed blisters, just hives. I have been tested for most common allergies and appear not to have allergies. I have seen some descriptions on line and with drugs that seem t indicate a relation between these drugs and Bullous pemphigoid, but I have not been able to find more than a lin ...
- I want to use victoza with lantus any one who is on this dual therapy what do you think?
(Asked by a 45 year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, and takes Lantus, Victoza, Lisinopril, Cialis)
My blood sugar is getting higher my last a1c was 7.5 i am currently taking lantus and humalog with bad results. When i was on victoza my blood sugar was much better i am considering using victoza with lantus any information would be greatly appreciated
- Does victoza cause anemia?
(Asked by a 69 year old man who has Stomach Pain, Anemia, Hoarseness, General Lethargy, Dispepsia And Flu Like Symptoms, Occasional Rash, and takes Victoza, Victoza)
My husband has been taking Victoza foe close to a year now. He is a type 2 diabetic and needed help controlling his Arc and weight so his doctor prescribed victoza. We did not notice a big change in his usual symptoms except a bit more upset stomach than usual. It seemed to help with weight as it ...
More questions for: Victoza, Abdominal pain upper
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Sleep Apnea, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cholangiocarcinoma (liver Cancer), and takes Diovan, Atenolol, Metformin, Victoza)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Victoza and breast cancer
(Posted by a 44 year old woman who has Breast Cancer, and takes Victoza)
I took victoza for about 1 year. I have no history of breast cancer 9 my family.
- Hiccups with victoza in type ii diabetic patient
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Hiccups, and takes Victoza)
developed 48 hours of hiccups immediately after increasing dose of Victoza from 0.6 to 1.2mg and they resolved after discontinuation of drug for 48 hours
More reviews for: Victoza, Abdominal pain upper
- A study of side effects of Methadone Hydrochloride for a patient with Drug Addiction. The patient has Constipation Aggravated, Abdominal Pain Upper
Comments: I was reading information about methadone (i just started 1 wk.ago) and i came acrossa paralytic ileus. Some of the symptoms are constipation, abdominal distention, nausea and vomiting. Which i experience all 4. I have a bowel movement once maybe every 2 wks. Its extremely painful. Its not normal in ...
- A study of side effects of Navelbine for a patient with Squamous Cell Carcinoma Of The Cervix. The patient has Abdominal Pain Upper
Comments: Had two treatments of Navelbine. Four days after 1st treatment, started having abdominal pain. It continued through my second treatment and now has moved to the upper left quadrant and is very uncomfortable. Feels like I can't draw a full breath on the left side, like something is catching.
- A study of side effects of Benadryl for a patient with Insomnia. The patient has Skin Burning Sensation, Pain - Back, Vision Blurred, Abdominal Pain Upper, Jaundice (a yellowish pigmentation of the skin, the conjunctival membranes)
Comments: I have been taking large amounts of benadryl almost daily for the last two years. These last 6 months I have noticed weird and painful/scary symptoms after taking my dose (yellow skin,reversed vision; i am normally nearsighted but after taking a dose I become farsighted or completely blurred.lower b ...
- A study of drug interactions between Topamax, Keppra, Synthroid, Zoloft for a patient with Complex Partial Seizures, Hypothyroidism, Major Depression. The patient has Pain Exacerbated, Cannot Sleep Due To Pain, Fast Deep Breathing, Nausea In The Morning - Females, Abdominal Pain Upper
Comments: At first I thought this was gas/indigestion and treated it as such, but nothing would change. I rarely eat fried foods, and have extremely good cholesterol labs. The last attack was so painful I could not catch my breath and I could not walk on my own. I did not have a fever, but I thought someho ...
- A study of side effects of Victoza for a patient with Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Insomnia (sleeplessness)
Comments: Since going on this medication I can't sleep. I have sleep apnea and use a CPAP machine. I have also noticed since going on this medication, that I have a shortness of breath. This is really making it difficult to use the CPAP.
More related studies for: Victoza, Abdominal pain upper
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.