Review: could Victoza cause Abdominal pain upper?
Summary: Abdominal pain upper is found among people who take Victoza, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Metformin hcl, and have Type 2 diabetes.
We study 12,138 people who have side effects while taking Victoza from FDA and social media. Among them, 400 have Abdominal pain upper. Find out below who they are, when they have Abdominal pain upper and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Victoza and have Abdominal pain upper >>>
Victoza has active ingredients of liraglutide. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from 12,246 Victoza users)
Abdominal pain upper
Abdominal pain upper has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, high blood cholesterol, birth control, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 62,456 Abdominal pain upper patients)
On Apr, 3, 2015: 12,134 people reported to have side effects when taking Victoza. Among them, 400 people (3.30%) have Abdominal Pain Upper.
Time on Victoza when people have Abdominal pain upper * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Abdominal pain upper||63.33%||25.56%||5.56%||5.56%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Abdominal pain upper when taking Victoza * :
|Abdominal pain upper||67.05%||32.95% |
Age of people who have Abdominal pain upper when taking Victoza * :
|Abdominal pain upper||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.53%||1.07%||11.47%||36.27%||50.67% |
Severity of Abdominal pain upper when taking Victoza ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Abdominal pain upper||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Abdominal pain upper ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Abdominal pain upper||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (341 people, 85.25%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (21 people, 5.25%)
- Diabetes mellitus (16 people, 4.00%)
- Hypertension (15 people, 3.75%)
- Weight decreased (10 people, 2.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metformin hcl (52 people, 13.00%)
- Aspirin (23 people, 5.75%)
- Lantus (23 people, 5.75%)
- Simvastatin (17 people, 4.25%)
- Amaryl (16 people, 4.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of victoza and abdominal pain upper on
Do you have Abdominal Pain Upper while taking Victoza?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Victoza and have Abdominal Pain Upper
- support group for people who take Victoza
- support group for people who have Abdominal Pain Upper
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Celexa for a 53-year old woman with Menopausal Symptoms. The patient has Side Pain, Appetite Disorder Nos, Feeling Full Without Eating, Nausea, Pain - Back, Abdominal Pain Upper
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Lo/ovral-28, Metoprolol Succinate for a 50-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, Birth Control, Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia (psvt). The patient has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Vision Blurred, Cluster Headaches, Migraine, Abdominal Pain Upper, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Muscle Twitching, Chest Pain, Joint Deposit, Chest Pressure Sensation
- A study of side effects of Victoza for a 62-year old man with Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Lightheadedness
- A study of side effects of Victoza for a 43-year old man with Diabetes. The patient has Tic - Facial
- A study of drug interactions between Acetaminophen And Hydrocodone Bitartrate, Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Victoza, Lantus Solostar for a 52-year old woman with Sciatica, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Vitamin D Decreased, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Thyroid Mass, Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling, Ankle Pain, Low Back Pain
Recent Victoza related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.