Home > Victoza > Back pain > Victoza and Back pain
Review: could Victoza cause Back pain?
Summary: Back pain is found among people who take Victoza, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Glimepiride, and have Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
We study 12,114 people who have side effects while taking Victoza from FDA and social media. Among them, 128 have Back pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Back pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Victoza and have Back pain >>>
Victoza (latest outcomes from 12,222 users) has active ingredients of liraglutide. It is often used in diabetes.
Back pain (latest reports from 676,532 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 12,111 people reported to have side effects when taking Victoza. Among them, 128 people (1.06%) have Back Pain.
Time on Victoza when people have Back pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Back pain||57.14%||28.57%||14.29%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Back pain when taking Victoza * :
|Back pain||62.22%||37.78% |
Age of people who have Back pain when taking Victoza * :
|Back pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.81%||8.65%||36.54%||50.00% |
Severity of Back pain when taking Victoza ** :
How people recovered from Back pain ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (99 people, 77.34%)
- Prophylaxis (6 people, 4.69%)
- Obesity (6 people, 4.69%)
- Diabetes mellitus (4 people, 3.12%)
- Anxiety (3 people, 2.34%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Glimepiride (11 people, 8.59%)
- Metformin hcl (11 people, 8.59%)
- Aspirin (10 people, 7.81%)
- Glucophage (9 people, 7.03%)
- Atenolol (8 people, 6.25%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Back Pain while taking Victoza?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Victoza and have Back Pain
- support group for people who take Victoza
- support group for people who have Back Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Will taking simvistatin for dyslipidemia for 5 yrs cause my liver to ache/hurt?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Back Pain, Side Pain, and takes Simvastatin)
Been taking simvastatin for about 5 yrs, but in the last 2-3 months have been experiencing ache and sometimes pain from my lower right front emanating around my right side and into my lower back, I have been tested for a possible urinary tract infection that came in negative, doctors are unsure of w ...
- I have been losing a lot of hair since i started using victoria. does the hair loss slow down or stop all together once you have been on the medication for a year or more?
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Hair Loss In Women, and takes Victoza)
I am losing a lot of hair. Will it stop and will the hair grow back in?
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Fatigue, Abdominal Pain, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Itching, Weight Gain, Hot Flush, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Pain - Abdomen, and takes Feraheme, Pantoprazole, Prolia)
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- Could any of the following drugs cause bullous pemphigoid
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Diabetic, Bullous Pemphigoid , and takes Lisinopril, Metformin, Victoza)
I have not developed blisters, just hives. I have been tested for most common allergies and appear not to have allergies. I have seen some descriptions on line and with drugs that seem t indicate a relation between these drugs and Bullous pemphigoid, but I have not been able to find more than a lin ...
- Had a bloody ejaculate twice lately. only blood. can it be related to cialis and/or ibuprofen?
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Back Pain, and takes Ibuprofen, Cialis)
last two ejaculations a week apart resulted in all blood ejaculate. Dark old looking blood, not bright red & fresh. No semen.
Gonna tell my doctor soon. What should I be concerned about. Could it be ralated to ibuprofen or cialis usage?
i dont have any known predisposing conditions.
More questions for: Victoza, Back pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Sleep Apnea, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cholangiocarcinoma (liver Cancer), and takes Diovan, Atenolol, Metformin, Victoza)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Victoza and breast cancer
(Posted by a 44 year old woman who has Breast Cancer, and takes Victoza)
I took victoza for about 1 year. I have no history of breast cancer 9 my family.
- Naproxin reaction severe
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Back Pain)
My partner was given Naproxin for back pain, after taking the reccommended dose of 2 per day for about 10 days he had a severe reaction. It started off with what looked like insect bites on his torso and arms, within half an hour, these had turned into huge welps that were blending together, He look ...
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Anemia, Knee Pain, Back Pain, Knee Injury - Meniscus, Back Injury, High Blood Pressure, Chronic Dvt , and takes Methocarbamol, Warfarin Sodium, Clonidine, Atenolol)
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Hiccups with victoza in type ii diabetic patient
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Hiccups, and takes Victoza)
developed 48 hours of hiccups immediately after increasing dose of Victoza from 0.6 to 1.2mg and they resolved after discontinuation of drug for 48 hours
More reviews for: Victoza, Back pain
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Thyroid, Aspirin, Milk Thistle, Glyburide And Metformin Hydrochloride for a patient with Thyroid Disorder, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Liver Cirrhosis. The patient has Impaired Memory, Autonomic Nervous System Imbalance, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Joint Stiffness, Back Pain
Comments: Diagnosed with liver disease after collapse at home. Virus attack due to low immunity caused by liver problems. Oesophageal varices. Partial portal vein blockage. Have Diabetes Type 2 19 years with no problems, well controlled.
- A study of drug interactions between Ziprasidone Hydrochloride, Risperidone, Lamictal for a patient with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Lower Blood Pressure, Irritability, Weight Loss, Nausea And Vomiting, Dry Mouth, Back Pain, Stomach Pain
Comments: I also have been having greasy stools. I never took any of the above listed medications together. I was allergic to both lamictal and risperidone. The stomach pain is localized to the upper left quadrant of my stomach, and hurts when I push where my pancreas is. The pain is made worse after eating o ...
- A study of drug interactions between Alcohol, Methamphetamine Hydrochloride for a patient with N-a-g. The patient has Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Back Pain Aggravated
Comments: Pain in mid back left side. Feels like a my muscle is extremely tight. Also have feeling of fullness on left side. Not like from eating, but just like things are tight in there. Does not hurt when i lay down.
- A study of side effects of Victoza for a patient with Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Insomnia (sleeplessness)
Comments: Since going on this medication I can't sleep. I have sleep apnea and use a CPAP machine. I have also noticed since going on this medication, that I have a shortness of breath. This is really making it difficult to use the CPAP.
- A study of drug interactions between Singulair, Concerta, Excedrin, Allegra, Qnasl, Levothyroxine Sodium, Zorvolex, Cymbalta, Celebrex, Dexamethasone, Lortab for a patient with Multiple Allergies, Add, Pain, Allergy, Allergies, Hypothyroidism, Arthritis, Severe Asthma Attacks, Pain - Tooth Or Teeth. The patient has Back Pain, Red Face
Comments: I'm just checking my hunch about the reaction. I took the dexamethasone around 9:30 and the lortab around 12:30. By 1pm my face had started swelling and a red rash started along the laugh lines under the cheeks and started spreading rapidly. It was really hot and just looked like one giant hive. I t ...
More related studies for: Victoza, Back pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.