Review: could Victoza cause Blood triglycerides increased (High Blood Cholesterol)?
Summary: Blood triglycerides increased is found among people who take Victoza, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Metformin hcl, and have Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
We study 12,118 people who have side effects while taking Victoza from FDA and social media. Among them, 24 have Blood triglycerides increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood triglycerides increased and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Victoza and have Blood triglycerides increased >>>
Victoza has active ingredients of liraglutide. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Victoza 12,226 users)
Blood triglycerides increased
Blood triglycerides increased has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, osteopenia.(latest reports from Blood triglycerides increased 158,200 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 12,114 people reported to have side effects when taking Victoza. Among them, 24 people (0.20%) have Blood Triglycerides Increased.
Time on Victoza when people have Blood triglycerides increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood triglycerides increased||28.57%||57.14%||14.29%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Blood triglycerides increased when taking Victoza * :
|Blood triglycerides increased||60.87%||39.13% |
Age of people who have Blood triglycerides increased when taking Victoza * :
|Blood triglycerides increased||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||22.22%||11.11%||33.33%||33.33% |
Severity of Blood triglycerides increased when taking Victoza ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Blood triglycerides increased||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Blood triglycerides increased ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (13 people, 54.17%)
- Pain (2 people, 8.33%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (2 people, 8.33%)
- Diabetes mellitus (2 people, 8.33%)
- Blood testosterone decreased (1 people, 4.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metformin hcl (6 people, 25.00%)
- Vitamin d (5 people, 20.83%)
- Lantus (4 people, 16.67%)
- Lortab (4 people, 16.67%)
- Lovaza (4 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Blood Triglycerides Increased while taking Victoza?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Victoza and have Blood Triglycerides Increased
- support group for people who take Victoza
- support group for people who have Blood Triglycerides Increased
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is invokana same family as anakinra/if so, what are their functions?
(Asked by a 73 year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, and takes Invokana)
I have tinnitus (left ear-14 yrs). Don't want to take (drug) that might be ototoxic. thanks
- Can i get constipation from plavix several months down the road?
(Asked by a 55 year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol)
Doctor put me on Plavix to reduce Cholesterol. What I think happened was several months later after starting, I got bad constipation from the drug. Doctor can't understand - it sounds like he thinks the side effects should have happened when I started the med and to have this kind of side effect la ...
- Is it safe to take effexor and ibuprophen?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Sinusitis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, and takes Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Doxycycline, Alprazolam, Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, Tradjenta, Crestor)
Have sinus infection which I'm taking doxycycline and ibuprophen for headache. I also take Venlafaxine for GAD. Is it okay to take Advil or acetaminophen while taking venlafaxine, not at the same time??
- I have been losing a lot of hair since i started using victoria. does the hair loss slow down or stop all together once you have been on the medication for a year or more?
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Hair Loss In Women, and takes Victoza)
I am losing a lot of hair. Will it stop and will the hair grow back in?
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
More questions for: Victoza, Blood triglycerides increased
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Sleep Apnea, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cholangiocarcinoma (liver Cancer), and takes Diovan, Atenolol, Metformin, Victoza)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Victoza and breast cancer
(Posted by a 44 year old woman who has Breast Cancer, and takes Victoza)
I took victoza for about 1 year. I have no history of breast cancer 9 my family.
- Lump in throat, swallowing problems, reflux
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, and takes Simvastatin)
After 3 months, my total cholesterol went way down, but developed terrible throat problems. Like an ever-present lump that made it difficult to swallow. At night, discomfort with acid going up and down my throat all night, making it hard to sleep and breathe. Stopped taking Simvastatin on my own ...
- Hiccups with victoza in type ii diabetic patient
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Hiccups, and takes Victoza)
developed 48 hours of hiccups immediately after increasing dose of Victoza from 0.6 to 1.2mg and they resolved after discontinuation of drug for 48 hours
- Allergic reaction to lipitor
(Posted by a 52 year old man who has Cardiovascular Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol, and takes Atorvastatin Calcium)
Took 10mg of Atorvastatin for 3 days to reduce choldesterol LDL below 100. I felt peculiar from the first day, however by the 3rd dosage day I came home from work in a state of extreme pain in my hands and limbs. This rather quickly became systemic and I was unable to get out of bed. I was beyond ...
More reviews for: Victoza, Blood triglycerides increased
- A study of side effects of Aspirin for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Blood Cholesterol, Elevated Mood, Elevated Liver Enzymes (high liver enzymes)
Comments: After taking Lipitor, then taking Crestor combined with Niaspan, I began to feel muscle and joint pain. Doctor decided to check my CK levels and found them to be highly elevated and told me to stop taking everything and to drink lots of water.Muscle biopsy was inconclusive but showed some symptoms o ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Krill Oil, Cymbalta, Effexor, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a patient with Pain - Back, High Blood Cholesterol, Chronic Pain, Stress And Anxiety, Psoriasis. The patient has Body Temperature, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Muscle Cramps, Blood Cholesterol, Muscle Pain, Vision Problems, Exhaustion, Weight Bearing Difficulty, Depression, Skin - Dry, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Fatigue - Chronic, Stress And Anxiety, Autoimmune Disorder
Comments: Took synthroid after birth of daugther, 12 years ago. Eventually came off synthroid while takine kelp and selenium. Joint aches and pains, especially knees and elbows. TSH 4.22, which has doubled since starting methotrexate.
- A study of side effects of Oxycodone And Acetaminophen for a patient with Headache - Migraine Without Aura. The patient has High Blood Cholesterol
Comments: I have been using oxy/aceta for 3 plus yearsI only take one or two per week for really bad migraines - last year my LDL cholestrol was 170 - this week it is 201 - never, ever has my ldl been that high - it seemed to start rising with the Imitrex in 1996 ( two yrs after taking it) now it is throug ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Climara Pro for a patient with Hypertension - Essential, Menopausal Symptoms. The patient has High Blood Cholesterol
Comments: Have been on these medications for 12+ years. Have had high cholesterol levels. Doctor has had me on various statins but have severe muscle pain on them. Am concerned that the drugs I am taking are contributing to the high numbers for cholesterol. What would be the best solutions for lowering th ...
- A study of side effects of Victoza for a patient with Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Insomnia (sleeplessness)
Comments: Since going on this medication I can't sleep. I have sleep apnea and use a CPAP machine. I have also noticed since going on this medication, that I have a shortness of breath. This is really making it difficult to use the CPAP.
More related studies for: Victoza, Blood triglycerides increased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.