Review: could Victoza cause Chills?
Summary: Chills is found among people who take Victoza, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
We study 12,118 people who have side effects while taking Victoza from FDA and social media. Among them, 38 have Chills. Find out below who they are, when they have Chills and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Victoza and have Chills >>>
Victoza has active ingredients of liraglutide. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Victoza 12,226 users)
Chills (felling of cold) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain.(latest reports from Chills 45,468 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 12,114 people reported to have side effects when taking Victoza. Among them, 38 people (0.31%) have Chills.
Time on Victoza when people have Chills * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Chills when taking Victoza * :
Age of people who have Chills when taking Victoza * :
Severity of Chills when taking Victoza ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Chills ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (29 people, 76.32%)
- Hypertension (7 people, 18.42%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (6 people, 15.79%)
- Insulin resistant diabetes (2 people, 5.26%)
- Low density lipoprotein increased (2 people, 5.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (8 people, 21.05%)
- Actos (8 people, 21.05%)
- Monopril (6 people, 15.79%)
- Vytorin (6 people, 15.79%)
- Glucovance (6 people, 15.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Chills while taking Victoza?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Victoza and have Chills
- support group for people who take Victoza
- support group for people who have Chills
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have been losing a lot of hair since i started using victoria. does the hair loss slow down or stop all together once you have been on the medication for a year or more?
I am losing a lot of hair. Will it stop and will the hair grow back in?
- Could any of the following drugs cause bullous pemphigoid
I have not developed blisters, just hives. I have been tested for most common allergies and appear not to have allergies. I have seen some descriptions on line and with drugs that seem t indicate a relation between these drugs and Bullous pemphigoid, but I have not been able to find more than a line or so about this. Does anyone have more info??
- I want to use victoza with lantus any one who is on this dual therapy what do you think?
My blood sugar is getting higher my last a1c was 7.5 i am currently taking lantus and humalog with bad results. When i was on victoza my blood sugar was much better i am considering using victoza with lantus any information would be greatly appreciated
- Does victoza cause anemia?
My husband has been taking Victoza foe close to a year now. He is a type 2 diabetic and needed help controlling his Arc and weight so his doctor prescribed victoza. We did not notice a big change in his usual symptoms except a bit more upset stomach than usual. It seemed to help with weight as it suppressed his appetite so we were pleased with that. The stomach pain became much worse over the next few months, however after something becomes part of the regular routine it us easy to think flu or eating habits or just med dosages changing ad the culprit.
Once the pain became more and more frequent and the days of feeling decent became less and less we had tests and even a colonoscopy. I have looked up all.of the side effects of Victoza and he has around 75% of them. So my last holdout is the anemia. If I Can find some proof that some form or ingredient in the Victoza causes anemia I may be able to Convince doctors that this is the problem.
- Are there any otc medications that can ease stomach pain caused by the use of colchicine (1 answer)
My boyfriend has gout and with severe attacks he takes his prescribed Colchine.
He is experiencing severe stomach pain and now has chills. I suggested that he may have taken too much of it and now he just wants immediate relief of his stomach pain......any suggestions or feedback from anyone with gout using Colchicine would be appreciated .
More questions for: Victoza, Chills
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreatic cancer are similar, is there a link between Victoza and cholangiocarcinoma?
- Victoza and breast cancer
I took victoza for about 1 year. I have no history of breast cancer 9 my family.
- Seizure disorder med problems (1 response)
Velafaxine 150 mg. 1 per day.
In process of switching from Topiramate 50 mg. 1 pill in morning & one at night (going off of this because of kidney stones) Was on this medication approximately 10 years.
Lamotrigine 2 25mg pills in morning and 2 - 25 mg. pills at night.
On the 3rd day of the 2nd week of switching I started the nightmares. I took a one hour nap and had a nightmare that seemed like it went on the entire time. Even if I slept for 20 minutes I had a dream or nightmare. I've sometimes been known to have vivid dreams but never this constant in my entire life. Also, very seldom do I have such terrible dreams. So many in one evening. They are an occasional thing, not an all night long thing.
Also, I have sinus trouble occasionally. The same day the nightmares began I got a terrible headache behind my one eye and under my eye. I have no drainage yet anyway. Not sure if this is during the start up of this medicine, but if I had known it could cause trouble with sinus I would never have started it.
I was put on this as a quick back up plan when the medicine we agreed upon - Levetireacetam made me feel drunk feeling and I had to be careful just walking around my homes and steps.
- Hiccups with victoza in type ii diabetic patient
developed 48 hours of hiccups immediately after increasing dose of Victoza from 0.6 to 1.2mg and they resolved after discontinuation of drug for 48 hours
- Chills while on tizanidine
Extremely sensitive to cold and have chills several times a day
More reviews for: Victoza, Chills
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Hands and feet always cold, even in hot weather. Smallest toe specifically gets numb. Feeling overwhelmed in large crowds or small spaces. Overthinking and anxiety all the time. Sweating even in cold weather. Panic attacks weekly. Get scared easily, jump when a loud sudden noise appears. Can't sleep ...
- History of comets Pancreas divisum, chronic & recurrent acute pancreatitis, gastric bile reflux
20+ ERCP/panc stents/sphincterotomies
Total Pancretectomy with auto islet cell transplant/splenectomy
Sub colectomy (80% of colon removed)
- Fever over 102, chills, horrible pain began on day 5 taking medication. Red blotchy rash began appearing late following day on chest and back and gradually spread. Blood blister-type rash on legs. Went to ER after 4 days. Told I have sulfa allergy. Given iV fluid and meds. Need follow up blood test ...
- i am on a clinical trial, randomized, either zometa or xgeva. I believe that i receive xgeva, because prior to the start of the study, i had an infusion of zometa and had strong flu-like symptoms for 3 days. After starting the study, I have had no side effects for 8 months. after the last treatme ...
- wake in morning with stuffy nose and pain across the bridge of my nose,
eyes tired, turns into migraine type headache lasting all day or more.
sleepless nights... sleep 2-3 hours, up for 2-3 hours. max steady sleep 4
More related studies for: Victoza, Chills
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.