Review: could Victoza cause Constipation?
Summary: Constipation is found among people who take Victoza, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
We study 12,118 people who have side effects while taking Victoza from FDA and social media. Among them, 406 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, when they have Constipation and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Victoza and have Constipation >>>
Victoza has active ingredients of liraglutide. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Victoza 12,226 users)
Constipation has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Constipation 80,049 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 12,114 people reported to have side effects when taking Victoza. Among them, 408 people (3.37%) have Constipation.
Time on Victoza when people have Constipation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Constipation when taking Victoza * :
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Victoza * :
Severity of Constipation when taking Victoza ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Constipation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (341 people, 83.58%)
- Hypertension (16 people, 3.92%)
- Diabetes mellitus (14 people, 3.43%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (8 people, 1.96%)
- Diabetic neuropathy (7 people, 1.72%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (39 people, 9.56%)
- Metformin hcl (28 people, 6.86%)
- Lipitor (25 people, 6.13%)
- Amaryl (18 people, 4.41%)
- Lisinopril (18 people, 4.41%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Constipation while taking Victoza?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Victoza and have Constipation
- support group for people who take Victoza
- support group for people who have Constipation
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Cymbalta r/t autonomic neuropathy
(Asked by a 62 year old man who has Stomach Pains, GERD, Fatique, Constipation, Dizzness, Early Satiety)
losartan 20 mg
tired all the time, dizziness, chronic constipation, stomach pains, pins and needles, diabetic type 2 hx alcoholism resolved, gerd, early satiety
- I have been losing a lot of hair since i started using victoria. does the hair loss slow down or stop all together once you have been on the medication for a year or more?
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Hair Loss In Women, and takes Victoza)
I am losing a lot of hair. Will it stop and will the hair grow back in?
- Gastro with constipation in a 4 year old only cause pain at night?
(Asked by a 4 year old boy who has Constipation, Gastroenteritis - Viral)
In childrens hospital now have given the tag virus for stomach pain at night that is relieved by morphine
- Can my symptoms actually pinpoint a cause/condition? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 27 year old woman who has Vulvovaginal Dryness During Intercourse, Acne Cystic, Bilateral Stenosis, Irregularity Of Bowels, Muscle Tightness, Menstrual Periods - Heavy, Prolonged, Or Irregular, Menstruation - Painful, Painful Sexual Intercourse, Pelvic Discomfort, Chest Pain, Abdominal Bloating, Deep Knee Pain, Extreme Thigh Pain, Sometimes Bulging, Flattened/deflated & Bulging Discs, Chronic Pain, Hirsutism, and takes Soma, Norco)
I would just like insight on this. I'm on pain management right now, but it's just to manage the pain. Every thing else has really been not taken serious by any physican it office I've been to. Is this normal stuff many woman go through? I'm just sick of feeling like this between the constant pain & the daily having to pluck hairs it's insane. I'm in fantastic shape(used to be double my weight & now I'm 100lbs), the best looking I've ever been with a incredibly good looking husband & a wonderful family. My issues seem to detour a lot of things & while I'm young I'd like to get this solved or some type of solution to even maintain myself, not looking for a miracle, but would really appreciate answers.
- Could any of the following drugs cause bullous pemphigoid
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Diabetic, Bullous Pemphigoid , and takes Lisinopril, Metformin, Victoza)
I have not developed blisters, just hives. I have been tested for most common allergies and appear not to have allergies. I have seen some descriptions on line and with drugs that seem t indicate a relation between these drugs and Bullous pemphigoid, but I have not been able to find more than a line or so about this. Does anyone have more info??
More questions for: Victoza, Constipation
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Sleep Apnea, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cholangiocarcinoma (liver Cancer), and takes Diovan, Atenolol, Metformin, Victoza)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreatic cancer are similar, is there a link between Victoza and cholangiocarcinoma?
- Victoza and breast cancer
(Posted by a 44 year old woman who has Breast Cancer, and takes Victoza)
I took victoza for about 1 year. I have no history of breast cancer 9 my family.
- Nexium improves my constipation
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Constipation, GERD, and takes Lyrica, Methadone Hydrochloride, Lipitor)
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- I need advise, badly ckd!! (1 response)
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Constipation, Peripheral Neuropathy, Orthostatic Hypotension, Chronic Kidney Disease, and takes Milk Thistle, Zolpidem, Melatonin, Xanax, Adderall 30, Zorvolex)
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passed out when getting dizzy. I of course said I had gotten too warm and was exhausted from work the previous week. The dizziness continued in the mornings & I passed out several more times. On May 1st, I passed out while putting my make-up on and hit my eye on the faucet and head on the tile floor, despite that I went to work thinking it would subside, it didn't. I went to the ER directly after work. They ran a B-met on me and my GFR was 11 and creatinine 3.95. They admitted me to a larger hospital for evaluation. While in there, they pumped me with fluids continuously, saying I had severe dehydration. My kidney function improved, my creatinine levels went back down to 1.34. After 5 days I was discharged and told to see a cardiologist and endo. The endo doc cancelled my appointment on the basis it was not his area. I had had a cortisol and ACTH testing which I guess was normal. I saw the cardiologist, who said it wasn't cardio. I had had an echocardiogram in the hospital and EKG monitoring. Cardio sent me to neurology, the PNRN did a basic neurological exam and drew blood for disease markers such as Lupus, sjorgens, hepatitis, ect. All disease markers came back negative, but my GFR was at 11 again and creatinine was 4.25, BUN 50 along with an elevated ACE level. They called me and said I sarcoidosis. I really don't have any of the primary S/S of this autoimmune disease. I don't know where to go from here, they are referring me to another neurologist at a bigger hospital. I can't live my normal life, can't walk on my feet due extreme pain and I pass out at least 2x a week, which is not good for my old body. My BP upon laying and sitting runs like 117/72, upon standing it drops to like 70/50-50/30. I am on 0.1 mg of florinef, I tried increasing it but then my legs swelled up for a gain of 23#. I talked to Mayo Clinic today and all there specialists are booked out thru December. I have to be able to work, I can't stay home any longer than September 8th! Please advise me!
- Hiccups with victoza in type ii diabetic patient
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Hiccups, and takes Victoza)
developed 48 hours of hiccups immediately after increasing dose of Victoza from 0.6 to 1.2mg and they resolved after discontinuation of drug for 48 hours
More reviews for: Victoza, Constipation
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have all these symptoms / ailments and I don't know which are related and what's not. I am not sure if what I am experiencing is due to stomach, bowels or anxiety. The anxiety could be caused by the stomach issues as well. It's usually when I'm in a car, bus, plane or train. It's frustrating b ...
- The symptoms listed above are from taking the carafate only. I have been on this for a week now taking it 3 times a day an hour before a meal at the same time daily. I feel bloated, constipated and am having a very hard stool then to diarrhea and it burns, I also feel as if gas is stuck in my abdome ...
- I was diagnosed with hiatal hernea 5 years ago via an endoscopy, which was done due to chronic complaints of the feeling of choking on "a ball of phlem in my throat", which turned out to be acid due to hernea. I have been taking pantoprazole nightly since then and it helps immensely. I have acid i ...
- I was reading information about methadone (i just started 1 wk.ago) and i came acrossa paralytic ileus. Some of the symptoms are constipation, abdominal distention, nausea and vomiting. Which i experience all 4. I have a bowel movement once maybe every 2 wks. Its extremely painful. Its not normal in ...
- If i have a glass of wine or alchol I have pain near chest bone and my system does not seem to process the alchol as well since having my thyroid removed and
being on synthroid. I was pulled over and charged with a dui after consuming
2 glasses of white wine and 2 glasses of water within almost ...
More related studies for: Victoza, Constipation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.