Home > Victoza > Diarrhea > Victoza and Diarrhea
Review: could Victoza cause Diarrhea?
We study 12,111 people who have side effects while taking Victoza from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,006 have Diarrhea. Find out below who they are, when they have Diarrhea and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Victoza and have Diarrhea >>>
Victoza (latest outcomes from 12,217 users) has active ingredients of liraglutide. It is often used in diabetes.
Diarrhea (latest reports from 1,102,104 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 12,111 people reported to have side effects when taking Victoza. Among them, 1,006 people (8.31%) have Diarrhea.
Time on Victoza when people have Diarrhea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Diarrhea when taking Victoza * :
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Victoza * :
Severity of Diarrhea when taking Victoza ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Diarrhea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (896 people, 89.07%)
- Diabetes mellitus (51 people, 5.07%)
- Hypertension (42 people, 4.17%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (29 people, 2.88%)
- Hypothyroidism (18 people, 1.79%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metformin hcl (155 people, 15.41%)
- Lantus (72 people, 7.16%)
- Metformin (69 people, 6.86%)
- Simvastatin (54 people, 5.37%)
- Aspirin (50 people, 4.97%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diarrhea while taking Victoza?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Victoza and have Diarrhea
- support group for people who take Victoza
- support group for people who have Diarrhea
Comments from related studies:
From this study (7 months ago):
Over past 6+ years, hair has thinned by half.
help on Apr, 9, 2014:
hair loss maybe due to thyroid issues?
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Victoza, Diarrhea
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Hiccups with victoza in type ii diabetic patient
developed 48 hours of hiccups immediately after increasing dose of Victoza from 0.6 to 1.2mg and they resolved after discontinuation of drug for 48 hours
- Isoniazid: the downside continued
I also have extreme fatigue. I can sleep 8 hours and then take a 4 hour nap. I have dizziness which seems to be increasing in the last few weeks. I have nausea on and off. I have diarrhea in the morning 45 minutes after taking it. Then I am mostly constipated for the rest of the day. It seems ...
- Gemfibrozil, depression and sleepiness
I would like to hear from anyone who has had these symptoms, and how they dealt with it, by either lowering dosage or quitting the med, or other. Also would like to hear from others who continued to drink moderately and if this drug lowered their triglycerides...or those who were no longer able to ...
More reviews for: Victoza, Diarrhea
On eHealthMe, Victoza (liraglutide) is often used for diabetes. Find out below the conditions Victoza is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Victoza used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (12 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (14 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (4 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (4 hours ago)
- Metastases To Diaphragm
- Weight Gain
- Adderall 10
- Exogenous Cushing Syndrome