Home > Victoza > Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness > Victoza and Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness
Review: could Victoza cause Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness (Fatigue)?
Summary: Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness is found among people who take Victoza, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Metformin hcl, and have Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
We study 12,114 people who have side effects while taking Victoza from FDA and social media. Among them, 292 have Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness. Find out below who they are, when they have Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Victoza and have Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness >>>
Victoza (latest outcomes from 12,222 users) has active ingredients of liraglutide. It is often used in diabetes.
Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness
Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness (feeling of tiredness) (latest reports from 198,203 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Nov, 13, 2014: 12,111 people reported to have side effects when taking Victoza. Among them, 292 people (2.41%) have Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness.
Time on Victoza when people have Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness||68.25%||14.29%||11.11%||6.35%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness when taking Victoza * :
|Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness||64.81%||35.19% |
Age of people who have Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness when taking Victoza * :
|Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.38%||7.97%||29.48%||58.17% |
Severity of Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness when taking Victoza ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
How people recovered from Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (220 people, 75.34%)
- Hypertension (21 people, 7.19%)
- Diabetes mellitus (16 people, 5.48%)
- Diabetic neuropathy (9 people, 3.08%)
- Blood pressure increased (7 people, 2.40%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metformin hcl (40 people, 13.70%)
- Lisinopril (24 people, 8.22%)
- Lipitor (20 people, 6.85%)
- Aspirin (17 people, 5.82%)
- Metformin (14 people, 4.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
dp (3 months ago):
Have been on for 2 1/2 weeks. Female and 55 years old. Just increased dose 3 days ago. I am very tired but thought just do to all the activity in last month but now not sure. Lost 4 pounds in about 12 days and food isn't appealing, I have to force myself to eat and only certain things sound good. Hoping side effects wear off but hope my cravings stay controlled like right now. Not craving sugars or starch.
Reply the comment
Sandavis28 (7 months ago):
I was taken off Victoza shortly after my post because of rapid and irregular heartbeat.
Reply the comment
Jim Morton (7 months ago):
Male, 60 years old. Type 2 for 6 plus years and getting worse. On metformin. BP high but stabilized and I have not found any meds I can take that will bring BP down. Taking asprin also.
Blood sugar is now at 200.
Started taking Victoza 18 days ago. Blood Sugar is now about 110 and dropping. Weight has dropped 15 lbs. Never hungry but I do eat 2x a day but only a little.
Reaction: Almost immediately fatigue and tired. I want to sleep all the time. Muscles don't want to work. But I can handle this if I can get my weight down and hopefully get off my diabetes meds. Most foods make me want to puke.
No other symptoms so I guess I am lucky.
Reply the comment
Sandra (2 years ago):
Female, 62. Have been on Victoza for about a month. My A1c had dropped from 9.9 to 7.9. I am sleepy and lethargic all the time. I just thought of checking to see if anyone else was feeling this way and am surprised that others have reported this. Are people reporting this to their doctors?
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness while taking Victoza?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Victoza and have Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
- support group for people who take Victoza
- support group for people who have Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What is the time space for taking l-thyroxine and pantoprazole am dose
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Reflux Gastritis, Tiredness)
also taking Panioprazole in am forty-five minutes before breakfast,
- Can nuvigil (vs adderall) be used simultaneously to help wean off 60mg/day of adderall?
(Asked by a 34 year old woman who has Muscle Tightness, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Ptsd, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Bulimia, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, ADHD, and takes Nuvigil, Prozac, Flexeril, Topamax, Xanax, Adderall 30)
I have been on Adderall 30mg 2x daily for years!! I've had it lowered to 20mg, I've TRIED to go months without it (when not working) however I feel I've built up a tolerance level to the point that it's not as effective as it once was. My personal life has detoured WAY past anything an ADHD medicati ...
- I have been losing a lot of hair since i started using victoria. does the hair loss slow down or stop all together once you have been on the medication for a year or more?
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Hair Loss In Women, and takes Victoza)
I am losing a lot of hair. Will it stop and will the hair grow back in?
- What's the best home remedy for jaundice?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Fatigue, Headache, Elevated Blood Pressure, Eating More Alkaline Foods Helps Reduce Pain, Abdominal Pain Upper, Upper Back Pain, Indigestion, Slightly Yellow, and takes Hydrochlorothiazide)
I started out thinking that I had pancreatitis, had all the symptoms, abdominal pain that went all the way thru to the back & inability to digest food (chronic indigestion). I read about keeping the bodys pH better balanced, bought pH test strips (urine) & found I was very acidic. I began eating mor ...
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Fatigue, Abdominal Pain, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Itching, Weight Gain, Hot Flush, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Pain - Abdomen, and takes Feraheme, Pantoprazole, Prolia)
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
More questions for: Victoza, Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Sleep Apnea, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cholangiocarcinoma (liver Cancer), and takes Diovan, Atenolol, Metformin, Victoza)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Victoza and breast cancer
(Posted by a 44 year old woman who has Breast Cancer, and takes Victoza)
I took victoza for about 1 year. I have no history of breast cancer 9 my family.
- Diagnosed with postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome after mirena
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, Fatigue, Nausea, Dizzy, and takes Mirena)
After getting the Mirena put in, I got really sick. I went home and got super dizzy, nauseous, and tired. I felt so sick and could barely function. I called the doctors office and they said it couldn't be from the Mirena. She said that I must have the flu. Well, I kept it in for a little while long ...
- Mucinex dm and advil congetstion
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Blurred Vision, Fatigue, Dizziness)
I noticed another female with simlar age and side effects; and a third female who in addition was under active thyroid. I have taken both drugs independently and had no problem with them. I am prone to low blood pressure & dizziness due to the thyroid problem
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Fatigue, Sinusitis Acute, Itching, Cognitive Deterioration, Psoriasis, Anxiety, Restless Leg Syndrome, Frequent Headaches, Nasal Inflammation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Chronic Insomnia, and takes Levothyroxine Thyroid, Clonazepam, Ambien Cr)
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
More reviews for: Victoza, Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness
- A study of side effects of Voltaren for a patient with Tenosynovitis. The patient has Headache (pain in head), Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Lethargy (tiredness), Metallic Taste (a bad taste in the mouth), Lightheadedness - Dizzy (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness)
Comments: Was prescribed Voltaren gel for tenosynovitis of my thumb. Helped the pain somewhat, but I woke up feeling terrible. I am sensitive to stronger oral pain medications, which is why this was prescribed in the first place, but the side effects are worse than when I have taken codeine. Felt somewhat be ...
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin Pediatric for a patient with Infection - Ear. The patient has Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Heart Rate Increased, Breathing - Rapid And Deep, Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness), Lethargy (tiredness), Ear Infection (ear infection), Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat), Fever, Inability To Crawl, High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Comments: My son is 17 months old and been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes but I just received a call from his physician that he is positive for Enterovirus. What is the connection between Enterovirus and high blood sugar levels?
- A study of drug interactions between Fluoxetine, Concerta for a patient with Depression, Add. The patient has Fatigue, Dizziness, Loss Of Appetite
Comments: I wouldn't mind losing a couple pounds, but I don't freakishly obsess over it. After I started taking the concerta in Aug. I started losing my appetite, and now when I try to eat after taking my pills in the morning, I feel sick and food just doesn't look appetizing any more.
- A study of side effects of Cannabis for a patient with The Cause. The patient has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Hair Loss, Lethargy (tiredness)
Comments: Patient has been declining after increased marijuana usage. Graves disease like symptoms with weight loss, bulging eyes, mood disorder, lethargic, and loss of appetite. Increased depression and dependency on substances has drastically changed. Appearance and facial structures are predominate.
- A study of side effects of Prednisolone for a patient with Itp. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (feeling of tiredness)
Comments: It is my grandson. diagnosed with ITP at the age of 17. NO usual symptoms of bleeding or purpura. maybe little bruising. Diagnosed by a blood test, because he slept for a few days. Very low platelet count.
We do not know whether it is "drug or condition related"
More related studies for: Victoza, Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Azathioprine and Sulfasalazine
- Gaba and Hyperthyroidism
- Sarcoidosis and Loss Of Bladder Control
- Thrombocytopenia and Itching
- Pancreatitis and Humira
- Can clindamycin irritate a hi hernia?
Since I have been taking for 4 days my hi hernia has been ... (5 hours ago)
- Can carafate causa a false negative for opiate and clonazepam?
I was in the hospital foe 15 days for acute pancreatitis, ... (9 hours ago)
- What type of seizure do people have using clonidine
My son has been having drop seizures & i believe the Cloni ... (13 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (2 days ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (3 days ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Klonopin, Skelaxin, Prednisone, Adderall 20, Lipitor, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Ambien, Mestinon for a 62-year old man who has Myalgia, Myasthenia Gravis, High Blood Cholesterol, Insomnia (30 seconds ago)
- Chlorpheniramine Maleate for a 18-year old boy who has N-A-G (12 minutes ago)
- Suboxone for a 34-year old man who has Opiate Withdrawal (57 minutes ago)