Home > Victoza > Ibs > Victoza and Ibs
Review: could Victoza cause Ibs (Irritable bowel syndrome)?
We study 12,111 people who have side effects while taking Victoza from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Ibs. Find out below who they are, when they have Ibs and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Victoza and have Ibs >>>
Victoza (latest outcomes from 12,215 users) has active ingredients of liraglutide. It is often used in diabetes.
Ibs (irritable bowel syndrome -chronic abdominal pain, discomfort, bloating) (latest reports from 71,331 patients) has been reported by people with acne, osteoporosis, depression, osteopenia, high blood pressure.
On Sep, 15, 2014: 12,102 people reported to have side effects when taking Victoza. Among them, 2 people (0.02%) have Ibs.
Time on Victoza when people have Ibs * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Ibs when taking Victoza * :
Age of people who have Ibs when taking Victoza * :
Severity of Ibs when taking Victoza ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Ibs ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (1 people, 50.00%)
- Thyroid disorder (1 people, 50.00%)
- Kidney stones (1 people, 50.00%)
- Depression (1 people, 50.00%)
- Diabetes (1 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metformin hydrochloride (1 people, 50.00%)
- Levothroid (1 people, 50.00%)
- Allopurinol (1 people, 50.00%)
- Lexapro (1 people, 50.00%)
- Glimepiride (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ibs while taking Victoza?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Victoza and have Ibs
- group for people who take Victoza
- group for people who have Ibs
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 weeks ago):
Have had back pain in lower back for 4 days. Increased Metformin to two 750 cm a day.
From this study (4 weeks ago):
prostate cancer at 44 - no family history of prostate cancer - status post radical prostatectomy
From this study (1 month ago):
Took this over 15 years ago, have IBS could it still be causing me problems?
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Victoza, Ibs
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
More reviews for: Victoza, Ibs
On eHealthMe, Victoza (liraglutide) is often used for diabetes. Find out below the conditions Victoza is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Victoza used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Memantine, Advair Diskus 100/50, Donepezil, Amlodipine for a 93-year old woman who has Inflammation Localised, Anxiety Disorder, Alzheimers, Asthma, Alzheimer's Disease, Blood Pressure Increased (22 minutes ago)
- Celexa for a 20-year old woman who has Chronic Depression (1 hour ago)
- Prozac for a 25-year old woman who has Depression (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Prozac and Brittle Nails
- Raspberry Ketone and Diverticulitis
- Blister and Gabapentin
- Urinary Tract Infection and Micardis
Recent user comments
- "I feel as if I have a lump in my throat, as if someth ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Took Nexium for one week. After four days started bre ... " (6 hours ago)
- "he was fine till he took prednizone 10 days died the ... " (7 hours ago)
- Gamma Hydroxybutyric Acid
- Anethum Sowa