Home > Victoza > Indigestion > Victoza and Indigestion
Review: could Victoza cause Indigestion?
Summary: Indigestion is found among people who take Victoza, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Simvastatin, and have Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
We study 12,114 people who have side effects while taking Victoza from FDA and social media. Among them, 239 have Indigestion. Find out below who they are, when they have Indigestion and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Victoza and have Indigestion >>>
Victoza (latest outcomes from 12,221 users) has active ingredients of liraglutide. It is often used in diabetes.
Indigestion (latest reports from 249,857 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, type 2 diabetes, pain.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 12,111 people reported to have side effects when taking Victoza. Among them, 239 people (1.97%) have Indigestion.
Time on Victoza when people have Indigestion * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Indigestion when taking Victoza * :
Age of people who have Indigestion when taking Victoza * :
Severity of Indigestion when taking Victoza ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Indigestion ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (184 people, 76.99%)
- Hypertension (16 people, 6.69%)
- Diabetes mellitus (11 people, 4.60%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (9 people, 3.77%)
- Pain (7 people, 2.93%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Simvastatin (26 people, 10.88%)
- Metformin hcl (26 people, 10.88%)
- Metformin (19 people, 7.95%)
- Actos (15 people, 6.28%)
- Aspirin (13 people, 5.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Indigestion while taking Victoza?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Victoza and have Indigestion
- support group for people who take Victoza
- support group for people who have Indigestion
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have been losing a lot of hair since i started using victoria. does the hair loss slow down or stop all together once you have been on the medication for a year or more?
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Hair Loss In Women, and takes Victoza)
I am losing a lot of hair. Will it stop and will the hair grow back in?
- What's the best home remedy for jaundice?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Fatigue, Headache, Elevated Blood Pressure, Eating More Alkaline Foods Helps Reduce Pain, Abdominal Pain Upper, Upper Back Pain, Indigestion, Slightly Yellow, and takes Hydrochlorothiazide)
I started out thinking that I had pancreatitis, had all the symptoms, abdominal pain that went all the way thru to the back & inability to digest food (chronic indigestion). I read about keeping the bodys pH better balanced, bought pH test strips (urine) & found I was very acidic. I began eating mor ...
- Could any of the following drugs cause bullous pemphigoid
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Diabetic, Bullous Pemphigoid , and takes Lisinopril, Metformin, Victoza)
I have not developed blisters, just hives. I have been tested for most common allergies and appear not to have allergies. I have seen some descriptions on line and with drugs that seem t indicate a relation between these drugs and Bullous pemphigoid, but I have not been able to find more than a lin ...
- Can i take pepcid complete with keflex
(Asked by a 69 year old woman who has Upset Stomach, and takes Keflex)
Keflex is giving me an upset stomach. Can I take pepcid complete to help or is it contradicted with Keflex?
- I want to use victoza with lantus any one who is on this dual therapy what do you think?
(Asked by a 45 year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, and takes Lantus, Victoza, Lisinopril, Cialis)
My blood sugar is getting higher my last a1c was 7.5 i am currently taking lantus and humalog with bad results. When i was on victoza my blood sugar was much better i am considering using victoza with lantus any information would be greatly appreciated
More questions for: Victoza, Indigestion
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Sleep Apnea, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cholangiocarcinoma (liver Cancer), and takes Diovan, Atenolol, Metformin, Victoza)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Victoza and breast cancer
(Posted by a 44 year old woman who has Breast Cancer, and takes Victoza)
I took victoza for about 1 year. I have no history of breast cancer 9 my family.
- Farxiga ? problems, stomach, smell, taste
(Posted by a 61 year old man who has Stomach Upset, Smell - Impaired, and takes Farxiga)
I have been on Farxiga for 2 months. First, I was on Farxiga 5mg, About 6 weeks ago changed to 10 mg, about same time I noticed my coffee smelled different and bad, kept on a week and asked my wife. Changed coffee brand twice. It got worse, began to taste it. For the last week I can smell it in my f ...
- Hiccups with victoza in type ii diabetic patient
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Hiccups, and takes Victoza)
developed 48 hours of hiccups immediately after increasing dose of Victoza from 0.6 to 1.2mg and they resolved after discontinuation of drug for 48 hours
More reviews for: Victoza, Indigestion
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Wellbutrin Xl, Effexor, Warfarin Sodium for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Depression, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Hypercoagulable States. The patient has Itching, Upset Stomach, Fatigue - Chronic
Comments: bilateral pulmonary embolism indicated hypercoaguable state. warfarin therapy will be life long
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin Xl, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Victoza, Relpax, Humalog Pen, Lantus Solostar, Etodolac, Hydrochlorothiazide, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Metformin for a patient with Chronic Depression, Chronic Insomnia, Diabetes, Migraine, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Hypertension. The patient has Dementia, Burping, Yellow Stool, Nausea, Diarrhea, Chills, Vomiting
Comments: # 3 events over 21 days - chills, vomiting, diarrhea, sulfur smelling burps, reduced cognitive abilities approx. 7 days apart.
- A study of side effects of Victoza for a patient with Diabetes. The patient has Lump On Upper Back
Comments: I am waiting on additional tests to determine refinement of sarcoma diagnosis and treatment plan.
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pentasa, Cymbalta for a patient with Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Depression. The patient has Cough Aggravated, Indigestion, Stomach Discomfort, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Tremor, Hair Loss, Difficulty Breathing, Sore Throat, Choking
Comments: Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Wellbutrin Xl, Lexapro for a patient with Pain, Eating Disorder - Bulimia, Depression. The patient has Elevated Mood, Sapho Syndrome, Electrolyte Imbalance, Stomach Pain, Indigestion, Burning Feeling When Swallowing, Throat Tightness, Chest Wall Pain, Insomnia, Vision Problems, Blood Insulin, Pain - Joints, Muscle Aches, White Blood Cell Count Decreased, Iron Deficiency Anemia, Proteinuria Present, Urine Albumin/creatinine Ratio Increased, Low Back Pain, Breath Odor, Dizziness, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Muscle Oedema, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Edema
Comments: symptoms started slowly about a year ago and have progressively gotten worse everyday. doctor has stated this could be the problem and suggests I ween off Lexapro. my electrolytes are consistently off and constant anemia despite taking iron 3 times a day. my hormone for ADH is very elevated. suggest ...
More related studies for: Victoza, Indigestion
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.