Review: could Victoza cause Kidney failure (Acute kidney failure)?
Summary: Kidney failure is found among people who take Victoza, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Simvastatin, and have Type 2 diabetes.
We study 12,134 people who have side effects while taking Victoza from FDA and social media. Among them, 63 have Kidney failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Kidney failure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Victoza and have Kidney failure >>>
Victoza has active ingredients of liraglutide. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from 12,244 Victoza users)
Kidney failure (loss of kidney function) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, multiple myeloma, diabetes, pain. (latest reports from 57,659 Kidney failure patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 12,127 people reported to have side effects when taking Victoza. Among them, 63 people (0.52%) have Kidney Failure.
Time on Victoza when people have Kidney failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Kidney failure||58.14%||39.53%||2.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Kidney failure when taking Victoza * :
|Kidney failure||58.42%||41.58% |
Age of people who have Kidney failure when taking Victoza * :
|Kidney failure||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.75%||13.75%||82.50% |
Severity of Kidney failure when taking Victoza ** :
How people recovered from Kidney failure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (63 people, 100.00%)
- Hypertension (16 people, 25.40%)
- Arthritis (6 people, 9.52%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (6 people, 9.52%)
- Weight decreased (6 people, 9.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Simvastatin (26 people, 41.27%)
- Lisinopril (23 people, 36.51%)
- Lantus (22 people, 34.92%)
- Metformin hcl (21 people, 33.33%)
- Celebrex (18 people, 28.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of victoza and kidney failure on
Do you have Kidney Failure while taking Victoza?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Victoza and have Kidney Failure
- support group for people who take Victoza
- support group for people who have Kidney Failure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Victoza for a 35-year old woman with Diabetes. The patient has Dizziness, Nausea, Heart Palpitations, Breathing Difficulty, Chills, Diarrhea, Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Victoza for a 51-year old man with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Blurred Vision
- A study of drug interactions between Xarelto, Lisinopril, Aralen Hydrochloride, Ambien, Tramadol, Celebrex, Victoza for a 66-year old woman with Arteriall Fibrualation, Blood Pressure, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Insomnia, Arthritis, Diabetes. The patient has Breathlessness
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Glimepiride, Metformin, Lantus Solostar, Victoza for a 42-year old woman with Diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent. The patient has Reflux Gastritis
Recent Victoza related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.