Review: could Victoza cause Lack of regular bowel movements (Constipation)?
Summary: Lack of regular bowel movements is found among people who take Victoza, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Type 2 diabetes.
We study 12,138 people who have side effects while taking Victoza from FDA and social media. Among them, 406 have Lack of regular bowel movements. Find out below who they are, when they have Lack of regular bowel movements and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Victoza and have Lack of regular bowel movements >>>
Victoza has active ingredients of liraglutide. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from 12,246 Victoza users)
Lack of regular bowel movements
Lack of regular bowel movements has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 80,471 Lack of regular bowel movements patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 12,134 people reported to have side effects when taking Victoza. Among them, 406 people (3.35%) have Lack Of Regular Bowel Movements.
Time on Victoza when people have Lack of regular bowel movements * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Lack of regular bowel movements||70.37%||19.75%||7.41%||2.47%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Lack of regular bowel movements when taking Victoza * :
|Lack of regular bowel movements||71.02%||28.98% |
Age of people who have Lack of regular bowel movements when taking Victoza * :
|Lack of regular bowel movements||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.33%||3.72%||6.91%||22.87%||65.16% |
Severity of Lack of regular bowel movements when taking Victoza ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Lack of regular bowel movements||0.00%||40.00%||60.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Lack of regular bowel movements ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Lack of regular bowel movements||25.00%||0.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (340 people, 83.74%)
- Hypertension (16 people, 3.94%)
- Diabetes mellitus (14 people, 3.45%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (7 people, 1.72%)
- Diabetic neuropathy (7 people, 1.72%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (39 people, 9.61%)
- Metformin hcl (28 people, 6.90%)
- Lipitor (25 people, 6.16%)
- Lisinopril (18 people, 4.43%)
- Amaryl (18 people, 4.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of victoza and lack of regular bowel movements on
Do you have Lack Of Regular Bowel Movements while taking Victoza?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Victoza and have Lack Of Regular Bowel Movements
- support group for people who take Victoza
- support group for people who have Lack Of Regular Bowel Movements
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Zyflo Cr for a 34-year old woman with Sinusitis Chronic. The patient has Constipation, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Zopiclone, Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Bisacodyl, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Morphine, Morphine Sulfate for a 42-year old woman with Ulcer - Stomach, Insomnia, Fibromyalgia, Constipation, Depression, Degenerative Joint Disease. The patient has Confusion, Blurred Vision, Constipation, Toothaches, Tooth Decay, Depression, Dizziness Exertional, Muscular Weakness, Itching, Eczema Exacerbated, Neck Pain, Headache, Tooth Loss, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Fatigue - Chronic, Weight Gain, Food Hoarding, Food Craving, Abdominal Bloating, Ocular Migraine, Stomach Pain, Bedwetting
- A study of side effects of Meloxicam for a 61-year old woman with Arthritis. The patient has Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Nexium, Lamictal, Keppra for a 42-year old woman with Sleep Disorder, Acid Reflux, Trigeminal Neuralgia. The patient has Constipation, Insomnia, Blurred Vision, Pressure Of Speech
- A study of side effects of Augmentin for a 56-year old woman with Infection. The patient has Constipation
Recent Victoza related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.