Home > Victoza > Lipid disorders > Victoza and Lipid disorders
Review: could Victoza cause Lipid disorders (High Blood Cholesterol)?
Summary: Lipid disorders is found among people who take Victoza, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Metformin hcl, and have Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
We study 12,114 people who have side effects while taking Victoza from FDA and social media. Among them, 24 have Lipid disorders. Find out below who they are, when they have Lipid disorders and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Victoza and have Lipid disorders >>>
Victoza (latest outcomes from 12,221 users) has active ingredients of liraglutide. It is often used in diabetes.
Lipid disorders (broad term for abnormalities of cholesterol and triglycerides) (latest reports from 450,084 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, osteopenia.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 12,111 people reported to have side effects when taking Victoza. Among them, 24 people (0.20%) have Lipid Disorders.
Time on Victoza when people have Lipid disorders * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Lipid disorders||28.57%||57.14%||14.29%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Lipid disorders when taking Victoza * :
|Lipid disorders||60.87%||39.13% |
Age of people who have Lipid disorders when taking Victoza * :
|Lipid disorders||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||22.22%||11.11%||33.33%||33.33% |
Severity of Lipid disorders when taking Victoza ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Lipid disorders||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Lipid disorders ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (13 people, 54.17%)
- Pain (2 people, 8.33%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (2 people, 8.33%)
- Diabetes mellitus (2 people, 8.33%)
- Blood testosterone decreased (1 people, 4.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metformin hcl (6 people, 25.00%)
- Vitamin d (5 people, 20.83%)
- Lantus (4 people, 16.67%)
- Lortab (4 people, 16.67%)
- Lovaza (4 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Lipid Disorders while taking Victoza?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Victoza and have Lipid Disorders
- support group for people who take Victoza
- support group for people who have Lipid Disorders
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is invokana same family as anakinra/if so, what are their functions?
(Asked by a 73 year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, and takes Invokana)
I have tinnitus (left ear-14 yrs). Don't want to take (drug) that might be ototoxic. thanks
- Can i get constipation from plavix several months down the road?
(Asked by a 55 year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol)
Doctor put me on Plavix to reduce Cholesterol. What I think happened was several months later after starting, I got bad constipation from the drug. Doctor can't understand - it sounds like he thinks the side effects should have happened when I started the med and to have this kind of side effect la ...
- Is it safe to take effexor and ibuprophen?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Sinusitis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, and takes Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Doxycycline, Alprazolam, Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, Tradjenta, Crestor)
Have sinus infection which I'm taking doxycycline and ibuprophen for headache. I also take Venlafaxine for GAD. Is it okay to take Advil or acetaminophen while taking venlafaxine, not at the same time??
- I have been losing a lot of hair since i started using victoria. does the hair loss slow down or stop all together once you have been on the medication for a year or more?
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Hair Loss In Women, and takes Victoza)
I am losing a lot of hair. Will it stop and will the hair grow back in?
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
More questions for: Victoza, Lipid disorders
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Sleep Apnea, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cholangiocarcinoma (liver Cancer), and takes Diovan, Atenolol, Metformin, Victoza)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Victoza and breast cancer
(Posted by a 44 year old woman who has Breast Cancer, and takes Victoza)
I took victoza for about 1 year. I have no history of breast cancer 9 my family.
- Lump in throat, swallowing problems, reflux
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, and takes Simvastatin)
After 3 months, my total cholesterol went way down, but developed terrible throat problems. Like an ever-present lump that made it difficult to swallow. At night, discomfort with acid going up and down my throat all night, making it hard to sleep and breathe. Stopped taking Simvastatin on my own ...
- Hiccups with victoza in type ii diabetic patient
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Hiccups, and takes Victoza)
developed 48 hours of hiccups immediately after increasing dose of Victoza from 0.6 to 1.2mg and they resolved after discontinuation of drug for 48 hours
- Allergic reaction to lipitor
(Posted by a 52 year old man who has Cardiovascular Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol, and takes Atorvastatin Calcium)
Took 10mg of Atorvastatin for 3 days to reduce choldesterol LDL below 100. I felt peculiar from the first day, however by the 3rd dosage day I came home from work in a state of extreme pain in my hands and limbs. This rather quickly became systemic and I was unable to get out of bed. I was beyond ...
More reviews for: Victoza, Lipid disorders
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a patient with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Hypercholesterolemia (high levels of cholesterol in the blood)
Comments: I never had high cholesterol before taking this drug. I am 31 years old and have had a hysterectomy and am in menopause as well.
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin Xl, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Victoza, Relpax, Humalog Pen, Lantus Solostar, Etodolac, Hydrochlorothiazide, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Metformin for a patient with Chronic Depression, Chronic Insomnia, Diabetes, Migraine, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Hypertension. The patient has Dementia, Burping, Yellow Stool, Nausea, Diarrhea, Chills, Vomiting
Comments: # 3 events over 21 days - chills, vomiting, diarrhea, sulfur smelling burps, reduced cognitive abilities approx. 7 days apart.
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Tramadol, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Nabumetone, Mirtazapine for a patient with Inflammation Localised, Pain, Nightmares, Hyperlipidemia, Muscle Spasms, Pain - Bones, Depression. The patient has Elevated Liver Enzymes, Hyperlipidemia
Comments: Acute onset. August LFT's normal, Mirtazapine added Sept and Oct LFT's and lipids elevated.
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Maleate; Benazepril Hydrochloride, Crestor, Aldactone for a patient with Hypertension, High Cholesterol. The patient has High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure
Comments: This regimine was instituted in August 2014 and I now have high blood calcium and the AGAP (Anion Gap) was high too.
- A study of side effects of Victoza for a patient with Diabetes. The patient has Lump On Upper Back
Comments: I am waiting on additional tests to determine refinement of sarcoma diagnosis and treatment plan.
More related studies for: Victoza, Lipid disorders
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.