Review: could Victoza cause Lipid disorders (High Blood Cholesterol)?
Summary: Lipid disorders is found among people who take Victoza, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Metformin hcl, and have Type 2 diabetes.
We study 12,134 people who have side effects while taking Victoza from FDA and social media. Among them, 24 have Lipid disorders. Find out below who they are, when they have Lipid disorders and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Victoza and have Lipid disorders >>>
Victoza has active ingredients of liraglutide. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from 12,244 Victoza users)
Lipid disorders (broad term for abnormalities of cholesterol and triglycerides) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, osteopenia. (latest reports from 171,937 Lipid disorders patients)
On Mar, 10, 2015: 12,127 people reported to have side effects when taking Victoza. Among them, 24 people (0.20%) have Lipid Disorders.
Time on Victoza when people have Lipid disorders * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Lipid disorders||28.57%||57.14%||14.29%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Lipid disorders when taking Victoza * :
|Lipid disorders||60.87%||39.13% |
Age of people who have Lipid disorders when taking Victoza * :
|Lipid disorders||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||22.22%||11.11%||33.33%||33.33% |
Severity of Lipid disorders when taking Victoza ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Lipid disorders||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Lipid disorders ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (13 people, 54.17%)
- Pain (2 people, 8.33%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (2 people, 8.33%)
- Diabetes mellitus (2 people, 8.33%)
- Blood testosterone decreased (1 people, 4.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metformin hcl (6 people, 25.00%)
- Vitamin d (5 people, 20.83%)
- Lantus (4 people, 16.67%)
- Lortab (4 people, 16.67%)
- Lovaza (4 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of victoza and lipid disorders on
Do you have Lipid Disorders while taking Victoza?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Victoza and have Lipid Disorders
- support group for people who take Victoza
- support group for people who have Lipid Disorders
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of side effects of Ranitidine for a 65-year old man with Stomach Discomfort. The patient has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Victoza for a 35-year old woman with Diabetes. The patient has Dizziness, Nausea, Heart Palpitations, Breathing Difficulty, Chills, Diarrhea, Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Junel 1.5/30, Ferrous Fumarate, Abilify for a 20-year old woman with Birth Control, Iron Deficiency, Depression. The patient has High Blood Cholesterol, Iron Deficiency, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Percocet, Neurontin, Linzess for a 48-year old woman with Gallbladder Disease, Muscle Spasms, Constipation. The patient has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Pancreatitis, Fatty Liver Alcoholic
Recent Victoza related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.