Victoza and Sinusitis - from FDA reports
Sinusitis is found among people who take Victoza, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Metformin, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Sinusitis with Victoza. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 25,869 people who have side effects when taking Victoza from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 22, 2017
25,869 people reported to have side effects when taking Victoza.
Among them, 44 people (0.17%) have Sinusitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Victoza when people have Sinusitis *:
- < 1 month: 33.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 33.33 %
- 2 - 5 years: 33.33 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Sinusitis when taking Victoza *:
- female: 74.42 %
- male: 25.58 %
Age of people who have Sinusitis when taking Victoza *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 10.34 %
- 40-49: 10.34 %
- 50-59: 27.59 %
- 60+: 51.72 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (9 people, 20.45%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (8 people, 18.18%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (5 people, 11.36%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (4 people, 9.09%)
- Hypothyroidism (2 people, 4.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Metformin (9 people, 20.45%)
- Nexium (6 people, 13.64%)
- Humira (5 people, 11.36%)
- Enbrel (5 people, 11.36%)
- Crestor (5 people, 11.36%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (8 people, 18.18%)
- Headache (6 people, 13.64%)
- Dizziness (6 people, 13.64%)
- Diarrhea (5 people, 11.36%)
- Blood Glucose Increased (5 people, 11.36%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sinusitis when taking Victoza?
Victoza has active ingredients of liraglutide. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Victoza 25,374 users)
Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, psoriasis, psoriatic arthropathy, osteoporosis (latest reports from 68,395 Sinusitis patients).