Review: could Victoza cause Tendon rupture?
Summary: Tendon rupture is found among people who take Victoza, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Crestor, and have Sepsis.
We study 12,127 people who have side effects while taking Victoza from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Tendon rupture. Find out below who they are, when they have Tendon rupture and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Victoza and have Tendon rupture >>>
Victoza has active ingredients of liraglutide. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from 12,235 Victoza users)
Tendon rupture (tear of tendon) has been reported by people with sinusitis, bronchitis, urinary tract infection, high blood cholesterol, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 6,470 Tendon rupture patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 12,127 people reported to have side effects when taking Victoza. Among them, 7 people (0.06%) have Tendon Rupture.
Time on Victoza when people have Tendon rupture * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Tendon rupture||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Tendon rupture when taking Victoza * :
|Tendon rupture||71.43%||28.57% |
Age of people who have Tendon rupture when taking Victoza * :
|Tendon rupture||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||71.43%||28.57%||0.00% |
Severity of Tendon rupture when taking Victoza ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Tendon rupture||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Tendon rupture ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Tendon rupture||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sepsis (3 people, 42.86%)
- Asthma (3 people, 42.86%)
- Staphylococcal infection (3 people, 42.86%)
- Diabetes mellitus (3 people, 42.86%)
- Blood cholesterol decreased (3 people, 42.86%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Crestor (4 people, 57.14%)
- Metformin hcl (4 people, 57.14%)
- Lisinopril (4 people, 57.14%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (3 people, 42.86%)
- Pravachol (3 people, 42.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of victoza and tendon rupture on
Do you have Tendon Rupture while taking Victoza?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Victoza and have Tendon Rupture
- support group for people who take Victoza
- support group for people who have Tendon Rupture
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Xarelto, Lisinopril, Aralen Hydrochloride, Ambien, Tramadol, Celebrex, Victoza for a 66-year old woman with Arteriall Fibrualation, Blood Pressure, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Insomnia, Arthritis, Diabetes. The patient has Breathlessness
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Glimepiride, Metformin, Lantus Solostar, Victoza for a 42-year old woman with Diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent. The patient has Reflux Gastritis
- A study of drug interactions between Victoza, Spironolactone, Metformin for a 45-year old woman with Pcos. The patient has Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Oxide, Probiotic, Vitamin D, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Digoxin, Spironolactone, Furosemide, Warfarin Sodium, Carvedilol, Lisinopril, Metformin, Victoza, Lyrica for a 68-year old woman with Support Overall Health, Improve Digestive System, Lack Of Same In System, Depression, Congestive Heart Failure - Right-sided, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Atrial Fibrillation, Cardiac Disorder, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Diabetic Neuropathy. The patient has Unsteady, Delayed Gastric Emptying, Muscle Twitching
- A study of drug interactions between Victoza, Metformin for a 40-year old woman with Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Sudden Memory Loss, Muscle Twitching, Pain - Side, Pain - Leg
Recent Victoza related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.