Home > Victoza > Tendonitis > Victoza and Tendonitis
Review: could Victoza cause Tendonitis?
Summary: Tendonitis is reported only by a few people who take Victoza.
We study 12,114 people who have side effects while taking Victoza from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Tendonitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Tendonitis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Victoza and have Tendonitis >>>
Victoza (latest outcomes from 12,222 users) has active ingredients of liraglutide. It is often used in diabetes.
Tendonitis (a condition that causes pain and swelling of tendons) (latest reports from 9,383 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, sinusitis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteopenia.
On Nov, 27, 2014: 12,114 people reported to have side effects when taking Victoza. Among them, 4 people (0.03%) have Tendonitis.
Time on Victoza when people have Tendonitis * :
Gender of people who have Tendonitis when taking Victoza * :
Age of people who have Tendonitis when taking Victoza * :
Severity of Tendonitis when taking Victoza ** :
How people recovered from Tendonitis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol decreased (2 people, 50.00%)
- Staphylococcal infection (2 people, 50.00%)
- Vulval abscess (2 people, 50.00%)
- Sepsis (2 people, 50.00%)
- Diabetes mellitus (2 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Crestor (2 people, 50.00%)
- Carvedilol (2 people, 50.00%)
- Levemir (2 people, 50.00%)
- Pravachol (2 people, 50.00%)
- Humalog (2 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tendonitis while taking Victoza?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Victoza and have Tendonitis
- support group for people who take Victoza
- support group for people who have Tendonitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have been losing a lot of hair since i started using victoria. does the hair loss slow down or stop all together once you have been on the medication for a year or more?
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Hair Loss In Women, and takes Victoza)
I am losing a lot of hair. Will it stop and will the hair grow back in?
- Could any of the following drugs cause bullous pemphigoid
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Diabetic, Bullous Pemphigoid , and takes Lisinopril, Metformin, Victoza)
I have not developed blisters, just hives. I have been tested for most common allergies and appear not to have allergies. I have seen some descriptions on line and with drugs that seem t indicate a relation between these drugs and Bullous pemphigoid, but I have not been able to find more than a lin ...
- I want to use victoza with lantus any one who is on this dual therapy what do you think?
(Asked by a 45 year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, and takes Lantus, Victoza, Lisinopril, Cialis)
My blood sugar is getting higher my last a1c was 7.5 i am currently taking lantus and humalog with bad results. When i was on victoza my blood sugar was much better i am considering using victoza with lantus any information would be greatly appreciated
- Does victoza cause anemia?
(Asked by a 69 year old man who has Stomach Pain, Anemia, Hoarseness, General Lethargy, Dispepsia And Flu Like Symptoms, Occasional Rash, and takes Victoza, Victoza)
My husband has been taking Victoza foe close to a year now. He is a type 2 diabetic and needed help controlling his Arc and weight so his doctor prescribed victoza. We did not notice a big change in his usual symptoms except a bit more upset stomach than usual. It seemed to help with weight as it ...
- When will the victoza side effects end?
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who has Diabetes, and takes Victoza)
I started Victoza at .6 on 6/20, 1.2 on 6/27 and 1.8 on 7/3. I take it at 10 PM I wake up at 9 AM and am sick to my stomach until 2 PM.
Can't keep anything down, not even water. I feel depressed and anxious and can't work up any desire to do anything. I can't make any decisions. I just feel ...
More questions for: Victoza, Tendonitis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Sleep Apnea, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cholangiocarcinoma (liver Cancer), and takes Diovan, Atenolol, Metformin, Victoza)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Victoza and breast cancer
(Posted by a 44 year old woman who has Breast Cancer, and takes Victoza)
I took victoza for about 1 year. I have no history of breast cancer 9 my family.
- Ceftriaxone reynolds syndrome & tenditis
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Reynolds Sydrome , Tendonitis, Hypokalemia, and takes Ceftriaxone )
Ceftriaxone intravenous, after a week hypokalemia hospital visit waited a week went back to the CDC physician he said that drug had nothing to do with it. I am allergic to 99% of antibiotics I can only take a z-pack for two weeks and then run into allergic reactions. We started back on the Cefriaxon ...
- Hiccups with victoza in type ii diabetic patient
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Hiccups, and takes Victoza)
developed 48 hours of hiccups immediately after increasing dose of Victoza from 0.6 to 1.2mg and they resolved after discontinuation of drug for 48 hours
More reviews for: Victoza, Tendonitis
- A study of side effects of Clobetasol Propionate for a patient with Lichen Sclerosus. The patient has Tendonitis (a condition that causes pain and swelling of tendons)
Comments: Tendonitis below left knee, flair up appeared within a day and lasted four days. On day five Lichen symptoms appeared on the back of the same knee, mildly. I have been using Clobetasol Propionate for 6 months before Tendonitis.
- A study of drug interactions between Pennsaid, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Butrans, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Hydroxyzine, Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Bactrim Ds for a patient with Inflammation, Muscle Tightness, Pain, Hypothyroidism, Allergic Reaction - Drug (medication), Infection. The patient has Pain - Joints, Tendonitis Exacerbated
Comments: Added clindamyacin 5 days after starting Bactrim DS for infection affecting area between ear and mandible. Moderate GI pain within 12 hours of clindamyacin, nausea and LOA lasting 3 days, improved after that. By day 5 sudden onset rash on upper body, rapidly spread to proximal upper extremities th ...
- A study of side effects of Victoza for a patient with Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Insomnia (sleeplessness)
Comments: Since going on this medication I can't sleep. I have sleep apnea and use a CPAP machine. I have also noticed since going on this medication, that I have a shortness of breath. This is really making it difficult to use the CPAP.
- A study of side effects of Victoza for a patient with Renal Failure. The patient has Renal Failure - End Stage (kidney failure last stage)
Comments: I was prescribe Victoza for a supplement to my diabetes medication and as a weight loss supplement. After taking the medication for 9 months, I developed a Kidney condition. I was referred to a Kidney Specialist for treatment. I was prescribed more medication for my kidneys, but not taken off the Vi ...
- A study of side effects of Ceftin for a patient with Sinusitis. The patient has Tendonitis (a condition that causes pain and swelling of tendons)
Comments: This happened twice. The first time I wasn't sure it was caused by the drug, but after happening a second time being on the medicine - 6 months after the first time, I am convinced it is from the ceftin.
More related studies for: Victoza, Tendonitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.