Home > Victoza > Weight gain > Victoza and Weight gain
Review: could Victoza cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
Summary: Weight gain is found among people who take Victoza, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Metformin hcl, and have Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
We study 12,114 people who have side effects while taking Victoza from FDA and social media. Among them, 154 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Victoza and have Weight gain >>>
Victoza (latest outcomes from 12,222 users) has active ingredients of liraglutide. It is often used in diabetes.
Weight gain (latest reports from 75,856 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 12,114 people reported to have side effects when taking Victoza. Among them, 154 people (1.27%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Victoza when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||37.93%||27.59%||20.69%||3.45%||10.34%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Weight gain when taking Victoza * :
|Weight gain||60.51%||39.49% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Victoza * :
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.32%||18.70%||30.08%||43.90% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Victoza ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||20.00%||20.00%||40.00%||20.00% |
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (109 people, 70.78%)
- Weight decreased (7 people, 4.55%)
- Diabetes mellitus (7 people, 4.55%)
- Weight control (4 people, 2.60%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 1.95%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metformin hcl (19 people, 12.34%)
- Lantus (12 people, 7.79%)
- Levemir (10 people, 6.49%)
- Aspirin (8 people, 5.19%)
- Glimepiride (7 people, 4.55%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Victoza?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Victoza and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Victoza
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Are an increase in appetite & tiredness side effects of the birth control tri-sprintec?
(Asked by a 23 year old woman who has Weight Gain, Increased Appetite, and takes Tri-sprintec)
In the past I have taken the birth control Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo and have never had any problems. I just switched to the generic brand, Tri-sprintec. I have now officially been taking Tri-Sprintec for 2 months. I recently started to notice that my appetite has increased and I've been eating A LOT more ...
- Bisoprolol ,ive gained 56 pounds
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Weight Gain)
i had a triple by pass,and was prescribed bisoprolol.since taking it i have gained 4 stones in weight ,ive tried diets ,exercise nothing takes the weight off ,should i stop the tablets.
- I have been losing a lot of hair since i started using victoria. does the hair loss slow down or stop all together once you have been on the medication for a year or more?
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Hair Loss In Women, and takes Victoza)
I am losing a lot of hair. Will it stop and will the hair grow back in?
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Fatigue, Abdominal Pain, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Itching, Weight Gain, Hot Flush, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Pain - Abdomen, and takes Feraheme, Pantoprazole, Prolia)
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- Could any of the following drugs cause bullous pemphigoid
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Diabetic, Bullous Pemphigoid , and takes Lisinopril, Metformin, Victoza)
I have not developed blisters, just hives. I have been tested for most common allergies and appear not to have allergies. I have seen some descriptions on line and with drugs that seem t indicate a relation between these drugs and Bullous pemphigoid, but I have not been able to find more than a lin ...
More questions for: Victoza, Weight gain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Sleep Apnea, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cholangiocarcinoma (liver Cancer), and takes Diovan, Atenolol, Metformin, Victoza)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Victoza and breast cancer
(Posted by a 44 year old woman who has Breast Cancer, and takes Victoza)
I took victoza for about 1 year. I have no history of breast cancer 9 my family.
- Lyrica varied widely
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Peripheral Neuropathy, Chronic Pain, Bright-red Rash, Swelling Of Ankles, Weight Gain, and takes Lyrica)
I was prescribed Lyrica for treatment of chronic pain. It was ineffective, but it knocked out the symptoms of interstitial. However, it also caused rapid weight gain (I went from 110 to 130 lbs. in just a few weeks) and my ankles started to swell. The pain doctor advised me to discontinue the dru ...
- Crestor side effects
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Weight Gain - Unintentional, Hot Flashes, Joint Swelling, Weight Gain, and takes Crestor)
I'm a vegetarian all my life , very athletic, I work out a lot , I run. In the last year or two My cholesterol seems to go high, my primary Doctor knows that I go for the healthy stuff so he advice a couple of things. But unfortunately nothing woks so he put me on Crestor, it has been a really bad e ...
- Depo provera overdose
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Central Obesity, Obesity, Weight Gain, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Vein Disorder, Milk Secretions, Libido Decreased, Infertility Female, Hair Loss, Bone Loss, Acne, Cellulite, Depression, and takes Depo-provera)
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
More reviews for: Victoza, Weight gain
- A study of side effects of Hydromorphone Hydrochloride for a patient with Lupus. The patient has Weight Gain - Unintentional
Comments: I have Lupus and Fibromyalgia and I had surgery on my intestine. 5 1/2 inches were taken removed from my rectum because of a polyp that was flat against the wall of my intestine. My joints and muscles are really sore and because I was given prednisone for years my bones are very bad. I get a shot of ...
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a patient with ADD. The patient has Excessive Hunger Resulting In Headache, Dizziness, Foggy Thoughts, And Irritability, Dry Mouth, Jaw Lesion Excision, Thirst, Weight Gain
Comments: The lesions on face are like zits but not acne. They swell and pulsate and ooze throughout the day and have hard white or yellow waxy pits in them when popped. They respond to calamine lotion somewhat but have not gone away in 6 months, always occurring in the same place. From ear to ear under the j ...
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall, Klonopin, Effexor Xr, Lamictal, Abilify for a patient with Depression, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Mood Stabilizer, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Sweating - Excessive, Headache, Akathisia, Weight Gain
Comments: Within 3 to 4 months of starting ABILIFY, I gained about 40 pounds. As for the akathisia (feeling of restlessness or shaking on the inside), it wasn't bad until my dose got to 15mg. Eventually it went away and I still take 15mg/day. (haven't been able to lose much weight though. Side effects with ...
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Levoxyl, Alprazolam, Celexa, Abilify for a patient with Chronic Pain, Adult Hypothyroidism, Stress And Anxiety, Depression, Major Depression With Psychotic Features. The patient has Obsessive Thoughts, Compulsive Hair Pulling, Weight Gain, Compulsive Shopping
Comments: I take 20 milligrams of Abilify with 20 mg. of celexa at night with Alprazolam throughout the day and at night to help me sleep. Since taking abilify over the past 10 years I have gained weight that I can't lose, I am always buying lottery tickets, and want to go to gamble obsessively. I also have c ...
- A study of drug interactions between Rifampin, Ethambutol Hydrochloride, Clarithromycin for a patient with Tuberculosis Test Positive. The patient has Headache, Weight Gain - Unintentional
daily constant headache
continuing cyanosis (nobody seems to tell me why....!)
bloating of tummy area and waistline
swollen and tender breasts (at sides)
severe acid reflux
tingling / burning sensation in my fee ...
More related studies for: Victoza, Weight gain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.