Review: could Vidaza cause Platelet count decreased (Thrombocytopenia )?
Summary: Platelet count decreased is found among people who take Vidaza, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Itraconazole, and have Myelodysplastic syndrome.
We study 4,242 people who have side effects while taking Vidaza from FDA and social media. Among them, 212 have Platelet count decreased. Find out below who they are, when they have Platelet count decreased and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vidaza and have Platelet count decreased >>>
Vidaza has active ingredients of azacitidine. It is often used in myelodysplastic syndrome. (latest outcomes from Vidaza 4,249 users)
Platelet count decreased
Platelet count decreased has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, high blood pressure, preventive health care, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, schizophrenia.(latest reports from Platelet count decreased 40,979 patients)
On Nov, 30, 2014: 4,242 people reported to have side effects when taking Vidaza. Among them, 212 people (5.00%) have Platelet Count Decreased.
Time on Vidaza when people have Platelet count decreased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Platelet count decreased||94.99%||3.83%||1.18%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Platelet count decreased when taking Vidaza * :
|Platelet count decreased||33.49%||66.51% |
Age of people who have Platelet count decreased when taking Vidaza * :
|Platelet count decreased||0.00%||3.48%||0.00%||0.75%||0.25%||0.00%||7.71%||87.81% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Myelodysplastic syndrome (108 people, 50.94%)
- Iron overload (12 people, 5.66%)
- Liver disorder (12 people, 5.66%)
- Nausea (10 people, 4.72%)
- Neutropenia (8 people, 3.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Itraconazole (68 people, 32.08%)
- Meropenem (65 people, 30.66%)
- Exjade (62 people, 29.25%)
- Fluconazole (58 people, 27.36%)
- Prednisolone (57 people, 26.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Platelet Count Decreased while taking Vidaza?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vidaza and have Platelet Count Decreased
- support group for people who take Vidaza
- support group for people who have Platelet Count Decreased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Pyrexia and one-alpha iv
(Asked by a 23 year old woman who has Pyrexia, Platelet Count Decreased, Anemia , Liquid In Douglas Space And Hypo Pleural Liquid, Nausea, Vomits, Shivering)
she was treated for hypocalcemia with high PTH taking calcium per-os and iv,Renagel,trofocard,one-alpha iv.
after 5 days fever with shiver 2-3 times daily ,vomits,nausea
she took antibiotic therapy after positive gram - blood cultures (first E. coli,second another gram - microorganism )
More questions for: Vidaza, Platelet count decreased
More reviews for: Vidaza, Platelet count decreased
- A study of drug interactions between Vidaza, Jakafi for a patient with Myelofibrosis. The patient has Shock, Side Pain, Device Inversion, Bone And Joint Pain, Enlarged Spleen, Blood Count
Comments: Upon reduction of jakafi dose due to low platelet count from 20 mg to 5 mg every 12 hours patient experienced extreme pain experienced low blood pressure and rapid heartbeat and with admission to emergency was treated for shock and then diagnosed with toxic shock syndrome and treated for that. The b ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vidaza, Allopurinol, Furosemide, Warfarin Sodium, Simvastatin for a patient with Md, Gout, Unsure, Blood Thinner, Cholesterol. The patient has
Comments: My father is 86, just diagnosed with MDS, possible the start of luekemia and the Dr. wants him to start taking Vidaza. He has kidney disease and is taking the above meds. I would like to know if there is any drug interaction with Vidaza and the drugs he is on already.
- A study of side effects of Implanon for a patient with Birth Control. The patient has Erythema Nodosum (skin inflammation that results in reddish, painful, tender lumps most commonly located in the front of the legs below), Headache (pain in head), Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing), Stomach Pain, Bone And Joint Pain, Back Pain Aggravated, Depression, Mood Swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood), Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Breast Tenderness, Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Diarrhea, Numbness And Tingling (unusual prickling sensations), Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (feeling of tiredness), Itching, Thin Blood
Comments: for more than 2 years I have struggled with different side effects, one by one I eliminated vitamins or medications until recently all side effects are back to back. If I have a headache and back ache in the morning by the evening there are other side effects, they alternate on the daily. At this po ...
More related studies for: Vidaza, Platelet count decreased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.