Home > Viibryd > Alopecia > Viibryd and Alopecia
Review: could Viibryd cause Alopecia (Hair loss)?
We study 1,552 people who have side effects while taking Viibryd from FDA and social media. Among them, 17 have Alopecia. Find out below who they are, when they have Alopecia and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Viibryd and have Alopecia >>>
Viibryd (latest outcomes from 1,703 users) has active ingredients of vilazodone hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Alopecia (absence of hair from areas of the body) (latest reports from 229,238 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 1,540 people reported to have side effects when taking Viibryd. Among them, 17 people (1.10%) have Alopecia.
Time on Viibryd when people have Alopecia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Alopecia when taking Viibryd * :
Age of people who have Alopecia when taking Viibryd * :
Severity of Alopecia when taking Viibryd ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Alopecia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (10 people, 58.82%)
- Bipolar disorder (2 people, 11.76%)
- Irritability (1 people, 5.88%)
- Major depression (1 people, 5.88%)
- Atrial fibrillation (1 people, 5.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Glimepiride (3 people, 17.65%)
- Metformin hcl (3 people, 17.65%)
- Tramadol hcl (3 people, 17.65%)
- Singulair (1 people, 5.88%)
- Levofloxacin (1 people, 5.88%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Alopecia while taking Viibryd?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Viibryd and have Alopecia
- support group for people who take Viibryd
- support group for people who have Alopecia
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 day ago):
In last year my hair texture is changing to fine and frizzy. Breaks easily and increasing hair loss, especially around face and sides of head.
From this study (2 days ago):
I have been experiencing hair loss in clumps while running fingers through my hair and i have blurred vision. The hair loss is recent..within the last week..the newest medicine is the pantoprazole
From this study (4 days ago):
My 10 year old son started taking miralax 7 months ago, and about a month and a half a go, he started to get a thinning patch of hair on top. It has been slowing getting worse. Tonight he is stopping the medicine. Hopefully this will stop, and his hair will regrow
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Viibryd, Alopecia
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Generalised anxiety relief for me
It's been almost a year on Viibryd. I have not had the brain fog/lack of personality I had with Zoloft, I feel like myself and not a zombie. It was a slightly rough start the first two weeks of it due to some increased agitation and insomnia but at a snap of a finger that was gone. I'm on a mild dos ...
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Depo provera overdose
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
More reviews for: Viibryd, Alopecia
On eHealthMe, Viibryd (vilazodone hydrochloride) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Viibryd is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Viibryd used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (52 minutes ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (52 minutes ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Interstitial Cystitis (ic)
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (3 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (4 hours ago)
- Abnormal Orgasm Female
- Wrinkles Aging Changes
- Benazepril Hydrochloride 20mg