Review: could Viibryd cause High cholesterol (High Blood Cholesterol)?
Summary: High cholesterol is reported only by a few people who take Viibryd.
We study 1,555 people who have side effects while taking Viibryd from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have High cholesterol. Find out below who they are, when they have High cholesterol and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Viibryd and have High cholesterol >>>
Viibryd has active ingredients of vilazodone hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Viibryd 1,714 users)
High cholesterol has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, osteopenia.(view latest reports from 171,209 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 1,555 people reported to have side effects when taking Viibryd. Among them, 5 people (0.32%) have High Cholesterol.
Time on Viibryd when people have High cholesterol * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High cholesterol||0.00%||40.00%||40.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have High cholesterol when taking Viibryd * :
|High cholesterol||80.00%||20.00% |
Age of people who have High cholesterol when taking Viibryd * :
|High cholesterol||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||40.00%||20.00%||20.00%||20.00% |
Severity of High cholesterol when taking Viibryd ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High cholesterol||0.00%||40.00%||40.00%||20.00% |
How people recovered from High cholesterol ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High cholesterol||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (3 people, 60.00%)
- Add (1 people, 20.00%)
- Anxiety (1 people, 20.00%)
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (1 people, 20.00%)
- Major depressive disorder (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Adderall 20 (1 people, 20.00%)
- Vyvanse (1 people, 20.00%)
- Baclofen (1 people, 20.00%)
- Tysabri (1 people, 20.00%)
- Avodart (1 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Cholesterol while taking Viibryd?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Viibryd and have High Cholesterol
- support group for people who take Viibryd
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is invokana same family as anakinra/if so, what are their functions?
I have tinnitus (left ear-14 yrs). Don't want to take (drug) that might be ototoxic. thanks
- Can i get constipation from plavix several months down the road?
Doctor put me on Plavix to reduce Cholesterol. What I think happened was several months later after starting, I got bad constipation from the drug. Doctor can't understand - it sounds like he thinks the side effects should have happened when I started the med and to have this kind of side effect later on is impossible. So many other factors came in to play during my doctor visit - and because I didn't make notes- when I was grilled on why I wasn't taking meds (because I couldn't remember) it made me look like a fool and as a result my Cardiologist dropped me for care.
- Is it safe to take effexor and ibuprophen?
Have sinus infection which I'm taking doxycycline and ibuprophen for headache. I also take Venlafaxine for GAD. Is it okay to take Advil or acetaminophen while taking venlafaxine, not at the same time??
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid dreams that carry over when she awakens, or if she wakes up and sees visions. I do not want to change her meds, if possible. This combination of Aricept, Namenda and Lexapro have allowed her to be sharper mentally than she has in a number of years. Except for the hallucinations, it's been nothing short of amazing. Please help. Thank you
- Does coming off of viibryd while having the implanon affect your period?
I've had my implanon for 2 and a half yrs,I also was put on viibryd about a year ago.
After stopping my viibryd about 3 weeks ago I have yet to have a menstral cycle...
Tho I should have. I haven taken a pregnancy test which came back negative.
My period isn't always regular with the implanon but I've also never been this late until
Now. I'm assuming it's being caused by me stopping the viibryd since I hadn't changed
Anything else in my life. Plz help
More questions for: Viibryd, High cholesterol
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Generalised anxiety relief for me
It's been almost a year on Viibryd. I have not had the brain fog/lack of personality I had with Zoloft, I feel like myself and not a zombie. It was a slightly rough start the first two weeks of it due to some increased agitation and insomnia but at a snap of a finger that was gone. I'm on a mild dose of 10mg which seems to do the trick. I do however notice quickly if I miss a dose. There have been no sexual side effets and as far as weight gain... there's been a some but I was also post-baby, tubes tied and started on birth control due to hormone issues so i'm not sure I can blame it on the Viibryd. I take the 20mg pill and cut it in half but i've taken the 10mg and i almost feel like the 10mg (no cutting of it) works better... I'm overall a happy camper with this drug.
- Lump in throat, swallowing problems, reflux
After 3 months, my total cholesterol went way down, but developed terrible throat problems. Like an ever-present lump that made it difficult to swallow. At night, discomfort with acid going up and down my throat all night, making it hard to sleep and breathe. Stopped taking Simvastatin on my own (doctor said it was not the cause) and within 3-4 days, the throat problems totally resolved and have not come back. Also had many leg-cramps when using it.
- Went to dr. for high blood pressure.... dr. thought i was depressed and gave me samples of viibyrd....blood pressure kept increasing(205/117) (1 response)
Made appointment with family dr. for my high blood pressure( 200/105)..he seemed to think I was depressed....He changed my blood pressure med and gave me Viibyrd...After taking one pill blood pressure increased to 227/107...Also, had like electrical shock sensations from heart..NEVER!!!!would I take this medication again...
- Allergic reaction to lipitor
Took 10mg of Atorvastatin for 3 days to reduce choldesterol LDL below 100. I felt peculiar from the first day, however by the 3rd dosage day I came home from work in a state of extreme pain in my hands and limbs. This rather quickly became systemic and I was unable to get out of bed. I was beyond exhausted. I had taken Crestor sucessfully for almost 3 months after a stent procedure but because of insurance issues was switched to this cholesterol medicatyion. My wife contatced the on call cardiologist who expressed concern and discontined the medication. The following morning my hands were swollen and so was my throat and tongue...I was lucky it did not become more severe. I also developed a rash on my hands and arms and legs and torso which was itchy. This was cleary an allergic reaction. After speaking with my cardiologist and the Cardiac nurse that works with him it is apparent that I had a realtively serious reaction. It has taken me more than a week to feel semi normal.
- Diarrhea for 4 years on ezetimibe
Had diarrhea for four years which stopped within 8 weeks of stopping the medication.
More reviews for: Viibryd, High cholesterol
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- After taking Lipitor, then taking Crestor combined with Niaspan, I began to feel muscle and joint pain. Doctor decided to check my CK levels and found them to be highly elevated and told me to stop taking everything and to drink lots of water.Muscle biopsy was inconclusive but showed some symptoms o ...
- Concern about allopurinol having exacerbated peripheral neuropathy
Also concerned about drugs and their interactions causing ED if I stop taking blood pressure meds incidence of ED is reduced considerably.
- Took synthroid after birth of daugther, 12 years ago. Eventually came off synthroid while takine kelp and selenium. Joint aches and pains, especially knees and elbows. TSH 4.22, which has doubled since starting methotrexate.
- I have experienced hearing loss within the past 8 years and wondered if it had to do with medications I have taken. I have taken others during that time including Abilify, Trileptal, Effexor. I recently have noticed a decrease in my hearing.
- I have been using oxy/aceta for 3 plus yearsI only take one or two per week for really bad migraines - last year my LDL cholestrol was 170 - this week it is 201 - never, ever has my ldl been that high - it seemed to start rising with the Imitrex in 1996 ( two yrs after taking it) now it is throug ...
More related studies for: Viibryd, High cholesterol
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.