Review: could Viibryd cause Paranoia?
Summary: Paranoia is found among people who take Viibryd, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Xanax, and have Depression.
We study 1,555 people who have side effects while taking Viibryd from FDA and social media. Among them, 12 have Paranoia. Find out below who they are, when they have Paranoia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Viibryd and have Paranoia >>>
Viibryd has active ingredients of vilazodone hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Viibryd 1,714 users)
Paranoia (psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution with or without grandeur) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, stress and anxiety, schizophrenia.(latest reports from Paranoia 10,915 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 1,555 people reported to have side effects when taking Viibryd. Among them, 12 people (0.77%) have Paranoia.
Time on Viibryd when people have Paranoia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Paranoia when taking Viibryd * :
Age of people who have Paranoia when taking Viibryd * :
Severity of Paranoia when taking Viibryd ** :
How people recovered from Paranoia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (12 people, 100.00%)
- Anxiety (9 people, 75.00%)
- Insomnia (4 people, 33.33%)
- Hallucination, gustatory (1 people, 8.33%)
- Premenstrual syndrome (1 people, 8.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xanax (5 people, 41.67%)
- Atenolol (4 people, 33.33%)
- Sertraline hydrochloride (4 people, 33.33%)
- Lovastatin (4 people, 33.33%)
- Albuterol (4 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Paranoia while taking Viibryd?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Viibryd and have Paranoia
- support group for people who take Viibryd
- support group for people who have Paranoia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does coming off of viibryd while having the implanon affect your period?
(Asked by a 24 year old woman who has After Stopping Viibryd I've Yet To Have A Menstral Cycle, and takes Viibryd)
I've had my implanon for 2 and a half yrs,I also was put on viibryd about a year ago.
After stopping my viibryd about 3 weeks ago I have yet to have a menstral cycle...
Tho I should have. I haven taken a pregnancy test which came back negative.
My period isn't always regular with the implanon but I've also never been this late until
Now. I'm assuming it's being caused by me stopping the viibryd since I hadn't changed
Anything else in my life. Plz help
- Any severe side effects with viibryd (1 answer)
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Lump In The Neck, Sweating - Excessive, Pain In Limb, and takes Viibryd)
I am having severe pain and pulsating reactions I palm of hands and back of legs. Also I have a lump in my neck after starting on 40 mgs of Viibryd. Is this a side effect?
- What medication can i add to viibryd (2 answers)
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who has Depression, Anxiety Disorder, and takes Viibryd, Klonopin)
very anxious. started Viibryd and waiting for effects. was on lexapro 20 mg did nothing. switched to viibryd on 10mg a few days taking klonopin with the viibryd waiting for effects what else can I add.
- I have been extremely dizzy since i started viibryd. i am in my second week of this medicine. first week was 10mg, now on 20mg. i was wondering if the dizziness will go away? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 37 year old man who has Dizziness, and takes Viibryd)
Any help from people with same symptoms would be greatly appreciated. Don't know if I should stop the Viibryd, or keep taking it and see if things get better. Haven't been working for 3 weeks and can't afford this! Any suggestions?
- Has anyone else had a doctor who found a sufficient solution, such as sleeping medication, etc. to deal with the supposedly "rare"side effect of debilitating nightmares while taking viibryd? (2 answers)
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Abnormal Dreams, and takes Viibryd)
Having debilitating nightmares on viibryd. Finding that this is a less than rare side effect. Dealing with all involved in a depressive episode is quite enough without having to also deal with this more than obnoxious side effect. Waking with panic attacks and have now developed a fear of going to sleep at any time day or night. Makes me feel terrible the next day and I have tried the drug both at night and in the morning and have found no relief from the nightmares.
More questions for: Viibryd, Paranoia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Generalised anxiety relief for me
(Posted by a 32 year old woman who has Social Avoidant Behaviour, Agitation, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, and takes Viibryd)
It's been almost a year on Viibryd. I have not had the brain fog/lack of personality I had with Zoloft, I feel like myself and not a zombie. It was a slightly rough start the first two weeks of it due to some increased agitation and insomnia but at a snap of a finger that was gone. I'm on a mild dose of 10mg which seems to do the trick. I do however notice quickly if I miss a dose. There have been no sexual side effets and as far as weight gain... there's been a some but I was also post-baby, tubes tied and started on birth control due to hormone issues so i'm not sure I can blame it on the Viibryd. I take the 20mg pill and cut it in half but i've taken the 10mg and i almost feel like the 10mg (no cutting of it) works better... I'm overall a happy camper with this drug.
- Went to dr. for high blood pressure.... dr. thought i was depressed and gave me samples of viibyrd....blood pressure kept increasing(205/117) (1 response)
(Posted by a 65 year old woman who has Blood Pressure Increased, Electrical Shock, and takes Vilazodone Hydrochloride)
Made appointment with family dr. for my high blood pressure( 200/105)..he seemed to think I was depressed....He changed my blood pressure med and gave me Viibyrd...After taking one pill blood pressure increased to 227/107...Also, had like electrical shock sensations from heart..NEVER!!!!would I take this medication again...
More reviews for: Viibryd, Paranoia
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- Patient has an Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder and severe memory issues. He has self diagnosed himself as having Dementia (which may be true as well). Is normally verbally abusive and thinks those that do not tolerate or try to put boundaries on his abusive behaviors are "against him". D ...
- Concern about allopurinol having exacerbated peripheral neuropathy
Also concerned about drugs and their interactions causing ED if I stop taking blood pressure meds incidence of ED is reduced considerably.
- I can't bare loud sounds! Balloons are just freaking me out! I feel like the whole world is talking about me or planing and plotting against me to hurt me or kill me or attack me or just to make me feel miserable! There are balloons everywhere in my office and I feel like they are all going to burst ...
- I have experienced hearing loss within the past 8 years and wondered if it had to do with medications I have taken. I have taken others during that time including Abilify, Trileptal, Effexor. I recently have noticed a decrease in my hearing.
More related studies for: Viibryd, Paranoia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.