Review: could Viibryd cause Ringing in the ears (Tinnitus)?
Summary: Ringing in the ears is found among people who take Viibryd, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Clonazepam, and have Depression.
We study 1,574 people who have side effects while taking Viibryd from FDA and social media. Among them, 20 have Ringing in the ears. Find out below who they are, when they have Ringing in the ears and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Viibryd and have Ringing in the ears >>>
Viibryd has active ingredients of vilazodone hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 1,731 Viibryd users)
Ringing in the ears
Ringing in the ears (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 20,019 Ringing in the ears patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 1,573 people reported to have side effects when taking Viibryd. Among them, 20 people (1.27%) have Ringing In The Ears.
Time on Viibryd when people have Ringing in the ears * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Ringing in the ears||86.67%||6.67%||6.67%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Ringing in the ears when taking Viibryd * :
|Ringing in the ears||46.67%||53.33% |
Age of people who have Ringing in the ears when taking Viibryd * :
|Ringing in the ears||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||52.63%||31.58%||15.79% |
Severity of Ringing in the ears when taking Viibryd ** :
How people recovered from Ringing in the ears ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (17 people, 85.00%)
- Anxiety (8 people, 40.00%)
- Hypothyroidism (3 people, 15.00%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (1 people, 5.00%)
- Insomnia (1 people, 5.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Clonazepam (8 people, 40.00%)
- Ginkgo biloba (6 people, 30.00%)
- Lipoflavonoid (6 people, 30.00%)
- Zinc with vitamin d3 (6 people, 30.00%)
- Men's vitamins (6 people, 30.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of viibryd and ringing in the ears on
Do you have Ringing In The Ears while taking Viibryd?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Viibryd and have Ringing In The Ears
- support group for people who take Viibryd
- support group for people who have Ringing In The Ears
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of side effects of Viibryd for a 36-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Sexual Dysfunction (difficulty experienced by an individual or a couple during any stage of a normal sexual activity), Abnormal Weight Gain, Tardive Dyskinesia (a disorder that involves involuntary movements), Anxiety And Stress
- A study of side effects of Colofac for a 66-year old woman with IBS. The patient has Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears)
- A study of side effects of Budesonide for a 57-year old woman with Crohn's Disease. The patient has Ringing In The Ears (a ringing in the ears)
- A study of side effects of Effexor for a 39-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Ringing In The Ears (a ringing in the ears)
Recent Viibryd related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.