Home > Vimpat > Cognitive deterioration > Vimpat and Cognitive deterioration
Review: could Vimpat cause Cognitive deterioration?
Summary: Cognitive deterioration is reported only by a few people who take Vimpat.
We study 1,905 people who have side effects while taking Vimpat from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Cognitive deterioration. Find out below who they are, when they have Cognitive deterioration and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vimpat and have Cognitive deterioration >>>
Vimpat (latest outcomes from 2,064 users) has active ingredients of lacosamide. It is often used in epilepsy.
Cognitive deterioration (memory impairment) (latest reports from 421 patients) has been reported by people with depression, dementia alzheimer's type, high blood cholesterol, epilepsy, pain.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 1,901 people reported to have side effects when taking Vimpat. Among them, 2 people (0.11%) have Cognitive Deterioration.
Time on Vimpat when people have Cognitive deterioration * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Cognitive deterioration||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Cognitive deterioration when taking Vimpat * :
|Cognitive deterioration||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Cognitive deterioration when taking Vimpat * :
|Cognitive deterioration||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Severity of Cognitive deterioration when taking Vimpat ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Cognitive deterioration||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Cognitive deterioration ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Epilepsy (1 people, 50.00%)
- Seizure - temporal lobe (1 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Keppra (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
linda zimmerman (3 years ago):
CLARIFY RESULTS OF COGNITIVE DEFICITS WHILE TAKING VIMPAT 150 MG. TWICE DAILY. THANKS.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cognitive Deterioration while taking Vimpat?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vimpat and have Cognitive Deterioration
- support group for people who take Vimpat
- support group for people who have Cognitive Deterioration
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Lichenoid dermatitis caused by vimpat
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who has Lichenoid Dermatitis, and takes Vimpat)
I was on tegretol and found out it was causing my lichenoid dermatitis so now I'm on vimpat and was wondering if Vimpat causes lichenoid dermatitis too.
- Can sss cause cognitive decline and/or memory deficit?
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has Dizziness Postural, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Cognitive Deterioration, Paresthesias, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, and takes Lantus Solostar, Meloxicam, Hydrocet)
No palpable left radial pulse
100% occlusion of left proximal subclavian artery.
70% occlusion of left carotid
Clinical memory and cognitive decline
Intermittent postural dizziness
- Can this medication be causeing me low blood sugar which causes my seizures to come more often?
(Asked by a 38 year old woman who has Low Blood/ More Frequent Seizures, and takes Vimpat)
I begin taking Vimpat and since then have become shaky and nauseated at times. More then once had a seizure after feeling this way. I begin to check blood glucose from my sister machine and noticed my blood sugar has dropped when feeling this way. I want to know if Vimpat is causing this and what ...
- Does indigestion cause seizure?
(Asked by a 38 year old man who has Seizures, Seizure - Absence, Grand Mal Convulsion, and takes Tegretol-xr, Vimpat)
in 22 years of seizure a good amount of water and sleep will help. Relax the eyes is important. Tegretol xr is the best drug for me. The only negative is I have to increase the amount taken every few years. I am on 1600mg a day now....Please share with me what you know.
- I am taking a mix of trileptal. vimpat and keppra and suffering from suffer mood and agreesive episodes is that common
(Asked by a 28 year old man who has Temporal Lobe Epilepsy, and takes Trileptal, Vimpat, Keppra)
I have been going through a change of my epilepsy medication, I take 100mg twice pd of vimpat, 450 twice pd trileptal and 1500mg twice pd of keppra. I have been suffering massive mood swings, serious aggression and un-well thoughts. my doctor has suggested surgery to remove my hippocampus. today I ...
More questions for: Vimpat, Cognitive deterioration
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Fatigue, Sinusitis Acute, Itching, Cognitive Deterioration, Psoriasis, Anxiety, Restless Leg Syndrome, Frequent Headaches, Nasal Inflammation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Chronic Insomnia, and takes Levothyroxine Thyroid, Clonazepam, Ambien Cr)
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
- Cfs/fibro, migraine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has GI Disorders, Cognitive Deterioration, Migraine With Aura, Neck Pain, Fibromyalgia, CFS, and takes Chantix, Probiotics, Milk Thistle, Black Cohosh, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Omega 3, Xanax, Topamax, Ambien, Armour Thyroid, Ms Contin, Fentanyl-25)
A strange thing happened when I started taking the Chantix for my smoking cessation...
MY MIGRAINES AND TENSION HEADACHES WENT AWAY!!!
As horrible as they were, and as bad as I have prayed for them to go away, I did not even notice that I didn't have the excruciating headaches anymore!!
I stop ...
More reviews for: Vimpat, Cognitive deterioration
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Magnesium Oxide, Aspirin, Valerian, Onfi, Vimpat for a patient with Hair Skin And Nails, Magnesium Deficiency, Stroke - Hemorrhagic, Epilepsy. The patient has Tonic Seizures, Complex Partial Seizures Exacerbated
Comments: Also has the VNS Implant, however since the last time they messed around with the medication the seizures are uncontrolled... they are happening weekly & sometimes daily. I just want my nursing career and my life back!!!
- A study of drug interactions between Topamax, Nuvigil for a patient with Migraine With Aura, Narcolepsy. The patient has Cognitive Deterioration, Short-term Memory Loss
Comments: I started to suffer from symptoms of Narcolepsy in January 2011. I wasn't officially DX until Aug 2011, then was RX Nuvigil (2x / day 250 mg). Actual DX is Narcolepsy with Cataplexy. By Feb. 2012, 13 months after onset of symptoms and six months after beginning Nuvigil, I started to suffer fro ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Folic Acid, Prednisone, Enbrel, Vimpat, Lamictal, Methotrexate for a patient with Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Generalized Tonic-clonic Seizure. The patient has
Comments: Trying to determine if the timing of these drugs- especially the weekly mtx- should be staggered during the day to ensure they are appropriately absorbed. Periodic seizures continue- about once a quarter.
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Vitamin D, Calcium, Tolterodine Tartrate, Doxazosin Mesylate, Lamotrigine, Fosamax for a patient with Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Overactive Bladder, Bipolar 1. The patient has Cognitive Deterioration
Comments: Forgetting what everyday things are called several times a day. Also find I am not always typing what I intended so have to reared and sometimes retype things. Mainly just replacing a word with something else and no, this is not an autocorrect situation.
- A study of drug interactions between Nasacort Aq, Albuterol, Advair Diskus 500/50 for a patient with Asthma. The patient has Severe Confusion And Memory Issues, Bones In Body Hurting Bad - Mostly In Legs, Regressive Behaviour, Asthma, Cognitive Deterioration
Comments: I am sick all the time after stopping the medications. My bones hurt all over my body. I seem to be having brain or memory issues. Starting to write numbers and letters backward. My aggressive behavior has calmed down, but occur when I get confused. My severe depression and anger toward others seems ...
More related studies for: Vimpat, Cognitive deterioration
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Bloating And Menstruation
- Oxybutynin Chloride
- Lack Of Menses
- Msm and Fever
- Effexor and Passionflower
- Has anyone experienced getting perioral dermatitis after botox injections?
Approx. 1 year ago perioral dermatitis on my face occured. ... (3 hours ago)
- Is it safe to mastrubate while recovering from gbs gullian barre syndrome (gbs)
im currently on my recovery path its been 4 months and yet ... (4 hours ago)
- Anyone have severe mouth blisters/ulcers from rituan lasting more than 8 months????
Answer: Mouth ulcers whenever I lower my abilify dosage. Went to d ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (2 hours ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (15 hours ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (23 hours ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lamictal Xr for a 14-year old girl who has Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (1 minute ago)
- Oxybutynin Chloride for a 46-year old woman who has Lack Of Menses (6 minutes ago)
- Diazepam, Calcium, Loperamide Hydrochloride, Co-codamol, Aspirin, Tramadol, Prednisolone for a 52-year old woman who has Muscle Injury, Osteopenia, Diarrhea, Urologic Disorders, Pain, Arthritis, Inflammatory Pain (46 minutes ago)