Home > Vimpat > Memory impairment > Vimpat and Memory impairment
Review: could Vimpat cause Memory impairment (Memory loss)?
We study 1,901 people who have side effects while taking Vimpat from FDA and social media. Among them, 42 have Memory impairment. Find out below who they are, when they have Memory impairment and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Vimpat and have Memory impairment >>>
Vimpat (latest outcomes from 2,057 users) has active ingredients of lacosamide. It is often used in epilepsy.
Memory impairment (latest reports from 466,972 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Sep, 15, 2014: 1,900 people reported to have side effects when taking Vimpat. Among them, 42 people (2.21%) have Memory Impairment.
Time on Vimpat when people have Memory impairment * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Memory impairment||38.89%||44.44%||5.56%||11.11%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Memory impairment when taking Vimpat * :
|Memory impairment||68.42%||31.58% |
Age of people who have Memory impairment when taking Vimpat * :
|Memory impairment||0.00%||0.00%||1.96%||0.00%||37.25%||21.57%||11.76%||27.45% |
Severity of Memory impairment when taking Vimpat ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Memory impairment||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Memory impairment ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Memory impairment||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Convulsion (23 people, 54.76%)
- Epilepsy (19 people, 45.24%)
- Hypertonic bladder (4 people, 9.52%)
- Complex partial seizures (4 people, 9.52%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (2 people, 4.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Keppra (24 people, 57.14%)
- Carbamazepine (21 people, 50.00%)
- Topiramate (17 people, 40.48%)
- Clobazam (15 people, 35.71%)
- Lamictal (10 people, 23.81%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Memory Impairment while taking Vimpat?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Vimpat and have Memory Impairment
- group for people who take Vimpat
- group for people who have Memory Impairment
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
Diagnosed at age 6....Controlled until the last 5 years (2 status epilepticus).
Better now but having a complex partial every couple months. Coming off Vimpat
as the half life being so short caused problems along with other side effects.
Ramping up on Lamotrigine....now at 350mg total. Just experienced a dull stomach discomfort for several days and bloody stools when increasing to 350mg.
Also was taking alot of aspirin the last few weeks as I bruised my ribs during a fall on the lip of the bathroom tab while experiencing a complex partial. Could the bloody stools and stomach discomfort be caused by either the aspirin or the Lamotrigine?
I am presently attempting to improve my beakthrough seizure rate or eliminate them all together through my care at Vanderbilt. If not I am looking at a resection (anterior temporal lobe).
Carbamazazepine - 800mg
Zonisamide - 600mg
Lamotrigine - 350mg (ramping up)
Vimpat - 400mg (ramping down)
Acyclovir - 400mg
Vitamin D-3 - 10,000iu
Vitamin B-12 - 5,000mcg
Pregnenolone - 30mg
Gabba - 750mg
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Vimpat, Memory impairment
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
- Epipen and memory loss
I have been constantly injected with epipen which has caused severe memory loss.
- Klonopin side effects
Took 1mg of klonopin daily for 2 years for extreme anxiety. Decided to stop medication and now have memory loss. It was also very difficult to train my body to fall asleep on its own after coming off this medication. I have a deficiency in vitamin D now. Not sure if this is from taking this drug? Ha ...
More reviews for: Vimpat, Memory impairment
On eHealthMe, Vimpat (lacosamide) is often used for epilepsy. Find out below the conditions Vimpat is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Vimpat used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Bactrim for a 58-year old man who has UTI (2 minutes ago)
- Vitamin D, Folic Acid, B Complex Vitamin, Acyclovir, Imuran, Mestinon for a 31-year old woman who has AAT Deficiency, Myasthenia Gravis, Vitamin B-1 Deficiency, Oral Herpes (26 minutes ago)
- Aloe Vera, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, Cod Liver Oil, Magnesium, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin C, Omega-3 Fatty Acid, Soya, Oil Of Evening Primrose, Vitamin E, Cymbalta, Gabapentin, Co-codamol for a 54-year old woman who has Enzyme Supplementation, Neuropathy - Peripheral, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Vanadyl Sulphate, PMS (39 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Blister and Gabapentin
- Urinary Tract Infection and Micardis
- Atrial Flutter and Multiple Sclerosis
- Esophageal Spasm and Dystonia
Recent user comments
- "I feel as if I have a lump in my throat, as if someth ... " (41 minutes ago)
- "Took Nexium for one week. After four days started bre ... " (3 hours ago)
- "he was fine till he took prednizone 10 days died the ... " (3 hours ago)
- Adderall Xr 25
- Tropaeolum Majus