Home > Vimpat > Scleroderma > Vimpat and Scleroderma
Review: could Vimpat cause Scleroderma (Systemic sclerosis (scleroderma))?
Summary: Scleroderma is reported only by a few people who take Vimpat.
We study 1,905 people who have side effects while taking Vimpat from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Scleroderma and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vimpat and have Scleroderma >>>
Vimpat (latest outcomes from 2,064 users) has active ingredients of lacosamide. It is often used in epilepsy.
Scleroderma (hard skin) (latest reports from 2,520 patients) has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, pulmonary hypertension, systemic sclerosis (scleroderma).
On Nov, 25, 2014: 1,905 people reported to have side effects when taking Vimpat. Among them, 1 people (0.05%) has Scleroderma.
Time on Vimpat when people have Scleroderma * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Scleroderma when taking Vimpat * :
Age of people who have Scleroderma when taking Vimpat * :
Severity of Scleroderma when taking Vimpat ** :
How people recovered from Scleroderma ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Partial seizures (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Clobazam (1 people, 100.00%)
- Lamotrigine (1 people, 100.00%)
- Topiramate (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Scleroderma while taking Vimpat?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vimpat and have Scleroderma
- support group for people who take Vimpat
- support group for people who have Scleroderma
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Lichenoid dermatitis caused by vimpat
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who has Lichenoid Dermatitis, and takes Vimpat)
I was on tegretol and found out it was causing my lichenoid dermatitis so now I'm on vimpat and was wondering if Vimpat causes lichenoid dermatitis too.
- taking laquinal form mixed connective tissue disoder (ra, sojgins & scleroderma) but have ganed alot of weight. could i safely take phertermin appetite suppressent for a short term (6 months or less
(Asked by a 77 year old woman who has Sjogren's Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Scleroderma, and takes Phentermine)
Taking Plaquenil for Mixed Connective Tissue Disorder (RA, Sojogrens & Scleroderma) but I have gained a lot of weight. Could I safely take Phentermine appetite suppressant for a short term (6 months or less)?
- Can this medication be causeing me low blood sugar which causes my seizures to come more often?
(Asked by a 38 year old woman who has Low Blood/ More Frequent Seizures, and takes Vimpat)
I begin taking Vimpat and since then have become shaky and nauseated at times. More then once had a seizure after feeling this way. I begin to check blood glucose from my sister machine and noticed my blood sugar has dropped when feeling this way. I want to know if Vimpat is causing this and what ...
- Does indigestion cause seizure?
(Asked by a 38 year old man who has Seizures, Seizure - Absence, Grand Mal Convulsion, and takes Tegretol-xr, Vimpat)
in 22 years of seizure a good amount of water and sleep will help. Relax the eyes is important. Tegretol xr is the best drug for me. The only negative is I have to increase the amount taken every few years. I am on 1600mg a day now....Please share with me what you know.
- Did you experience hypoxia while taking cytoxan for iterstial lung disease related to scleroderma?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Scleroderma)
After second dose of IV Cytoxan I have experienced a blood oxygen level of 78-84 upon exertion of energy. This is being treated with 2L of nasal oxygen.
More questions for: Vimpat, Scleroderma
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Developed systemic scleroderma while on copaxone for 10 yrs.
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis, Scleroderma, and takes Copaxone)
I just tested positive for both crest and systemic scleroderma. I already have ms and have been on copaxone over 10 yrs. I believe copaxone may have caused this. I dont blame the makers. I am sure it has helped more then hurt, but I wonder if this has happened to others. If so it should be something ...
More reviews for: Vimpat, Scleroderma
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Magnesium Oxide, Aspirin, Valerian, Onfi, Vimpat for a patient with Hair Skin And Nails, Magnesium Deficiency, Stroke - Hemorrhagic, Epilepsy. The patient has Tonic Seizures, Complex Partial Seizures Exacerbated
Comments: Also has the VNS Implant, however since the last time they messed around with the medication the seizures are uncontrolled... they are happening weekly & sometimes daily. I just want my nursing career and my life back!!!
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Folic Acid, Prednisone, Enbrel, Vimpat, Lamictal, Methotrexate for a patient with Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Generalized Tonic-clonic Seizure. The patient has
Comments: Trying to determine if the timing of these drugs- especially the weekly mtx- should be staggered during the day to ensure they are appropriately absorbed. Periodic seizures continue- about once a quarter.
- A study of drug interactions between Levocarnitine, Quasense, Vimpat, Depakote Cp, Keppra for a patient with Metabolic Acidosis, Birth Control, Seizures. The patient has Throwing Items, Tactile Defensive, Decreased Eye Contact, Fear, Hand Crushing, Screaming
Comments: Person appears fine, very happy, playing with toys, sitting at table eating or sound asleep. Begins to make an "uh" sound. Quickly becomes very upset appearing terrified, moves in general circles reaching for any objects and throwing them with great force. Vocalization increases in volume as person ...
- A study of side effects of Boron for a patient with Joint Destruction. The patient has Scleroderma (hard skin)
Comments: I have used boron supplements (2-3 mg/day)for the last few years for joint destruction. Six monthes ago,I was diagnosded with diffuse scleroderma and I wonder if this disease is related to supplemented boron.
- A study of drug interactions between Depakote Er, Vimpat for a patient with Complex Partial Seizures. The patient has Confusion
Comments: On depakote ER for 3 months for CPS onset incident to mild TBI from close proximity high ordinance detonation (combat). Closed head concussion, secondary blast effect while in armored vehicle. Depakote caused negative behavioral swings, at worst resulting in mild rage response and high frustration. ...
More related studies for: Vimpat, Scleroderma
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.