Review: could Vimpat cause Weight loss - unintentional (Weight Decreased)?
Summary: Weight loss - unintentional is found among people who take Vimpat, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Keppra, and have Epilepsy.
We study 1,914 people who have side effects while taking Vimpat from FDA and social media. Among them, 45 have Weight loss - unintentional. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight loss - unintentional and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vimpat and have Weight loss - unintentional >>>
Vimpat has active ingredients of lacosamide. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from 2,072 Vimpat users)
Weight loss - unintentional
Weight loss - unintentional has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, pain. (latest reports from 91,559 Weight loss - unintentional patients)
On Apr, 4, 2015: 1,914 people reported to have side effects when taking Vimpat. Among them, 45 people (2.35%) have Weight Loss - Unintentional.
Time on Vimpat when people have Weight loss - unintentional * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight loss - unintentional||66.67%||27.78%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.56%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Weight loss - unintentional when taking Vimpat * :
|Weight loss - unintentional||66.04%||33.96% |
Age of people who have Weight loss - unintentional when taking Vimpat * :
|Weight loss - unintentional||0.00%||0.00%||11.63%||9.30%||20.93%||13.95%||23.26%||20.93% |
Severity of Weight loss - unintentional when taking Vimpat ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight loss - unintentional||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight loss - unintentional ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Epilepsy (15 people, 33.33%)
- Convulsion (6 people, 13.33%)
- Partial seizures (6 people, 13.33%)
- Renal failure (4 people, 8.89%)
- Foetal exposure during pregnancy (4 people, 8.89%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Keppra (18 people, 40.00%)
- Topamax (12 people, 26.67%)
- Folic acid (11 people, 24.44%)
- Nexium (7 people, 15.56%)
- Lamictal (6 people, 13.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of vimpat and weight loss - unintentional on
Do you have Weight Loss - Unintentional while taking Vimpat?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Vimpat and have Weight Loss - Unintentional
- support group for people who take Vimpat
- support group for people who have Weight Loss - Unintentional
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Fentanyl-25, Percocet, Klonopin, Depakote Er, Vimpat for a 52-year old woman with Pain, Epilepsy. The patient has Memory Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Vimpat, Keppra for a 19-year old girl with Temporal Lobe Seizure. The patient has Tiredness
- A study of drug interactions between Vimpat, Tegretol, Zonisamide for a 29-year old woman with Petit Mal Seizure. The patient has Stress Symptoms
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Nitroglycerin, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Atenolol, Sertraline, Lorazepam, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Zetia, Crestor, Metformin, Zonisamide, Vimpat, Gabapentin for a 50-year old woman with Blood Thinner, Chest Pain, Angina, Heart Rate Decreased, Depression, Stress And Anxiety, Fluid Retention, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Diabetes, Neuropathy. The patient has Blurred Vision, Urination - Bed Wetting, Pain - Back, Bloating, Headache, Foot Pain, Pain - Leg
- A study of side effects of Depo-provera for a 30-year old woman with Birth Control. The patient has Weight Loss - Unintentional
Recent Vimpat related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.