Home > Vimpat > Weight loss - unintentional > Vimpat and Weight loss - unintentional
Review: could Vimpat cause Weight loss - unintentional (Weight Decreased)?
Summary: Weight loss - unintentional is found among people who take Vimpat, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Keppra, and have Epilepsy.
We study 1,905 people who have side effects while taking Vimpat from FDA and social media. Among them, 45 have Weight loss - unintentional. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight loss - unintentional and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vimpat and have Weight loss - unintentional >>>
Vimpat (latest outcomes from 2,063 users) has active ingredients of lacosamide. It is often used in epilepsy.
Weight loss - unintentional
Weight loss - unintentional (latest reports from 610,658 patients) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, pain.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 1,901 people reported to have side effects when taking Vimpat. Among them, 45 people (2.37%) have Weight Loss - Unintentional.
Time on Vimpat when people have Weight loss - unintentional * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight loss - unintentional||66.67%||27.78%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.56%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Weight loss - unintentional when taking Vimpat * :
|Weight loss - unintentional||66.04%||33.96% |
Age of people who have Weight loss - unintentional when taking Vimpat * :
|Weight loss - unintentional||0.00%||0.00%||11.63%||9.30%||20.93%||13.95%||23.26%||20.93% |
Severity of Weight loss - unintentional when taking Vimpat ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight loss - unintentional||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight loss - unintentional ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Epilepsy (15 people, 33.33%)
- Convulsion (6 people, 13.33%)
- Partial seizures (6 people, 13.33%)
- Renal failure (4 people, 8.89%)
- Foetal exposure during pregnancy (4 people, 8.89%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Keppra (18 people, 40.00%)
- Topamax (12 people, 26.67%)
- Folic acid (11 people, 24.44%)
- Nexium (7 people, 15.56%)
- Lamictal (6 people, 13.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Weight Loss - Unintentional while taking Vimpat?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vimpat and have Weight Loss - Unintentional
- support group for people who take Vimpat
- support group for people who have Weight Loss - Unintentional
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can viread cause weight loss and low wbc count?
(Asked by a 36 year old man who has Weight Loss - Unintentional, and takes Viread )
I was diagnosed with Chronic HBV in 2012. The original viral count was 100 copies. It slowly went up to 12K copies early this year. I saw 2 specialists and one told me it's the right time to take Viread now and the other said it's border line and I could wait but it does not hurt to take it since it ...
- Lichenoid dermatitis caused by vimpat
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who has Lichenoid Dermatitis, and takes Vimpat)
I was on tegretol and found out it was causing my lichenoid dermatitis so now I'm on vimpat and was wondering if Vimpat causes lichenoid dermatitis too.
- Can this medication be causeing me low blood sugar which causes my seizures to come more often?
(Asked by a 38 year old woman who has Low Blood/ More Frequent Seizures, and takes Vimpat)
I begin taking Vimpat and since then have become shaky and nauseated at times. More then once had a seizure after feeling this way. I begin to check blood glucose from my sister machine and noticed my blood sugar has dropped when feeling this way. I want to know if Vimpat is causing this and what ...
- Does indigestion cause seizure?
(Asked by a 38 year old man who has Seizures, Seizure - Absence, Grand Mal Convulsion, and takes Tegretol-xr, Vimpat)
in 22 years of seizure a good amount of water and sleep will help. Relax the eyes is important. Tegretol xr is the best drug for me. The only negative is I have to increase the amount taken every few years. I am on 1600mg a day now....Please share with me what you know.
- How did you get your diagnosis
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Pain - Joints, Banging In Ears, Fatigue, Weight Loss - Unintentional, Abnormal Dreams, Nausea, Headache - Migraine Without Aura, Salty Taste In Mouth, Depressed Level Of Consciousness, Body Spasms, and takes Levaquin)
Symptoms started with body spasms and fatigue, neck and shoulder pain, knee pain and stiffness then banging in ears within 3 weeks of taking 6 levaquin tablets given for a virus. Have been unable to work since because of the fatigue. Massive weight loss without dieting. Had a SED test last month ...
More questions for: Vimpat, Weight loss - unintentional
More reviews for: Vimpat, Weight loss - unintentional
- A study of drug interactions between Rapaflo, Divalproex, Vimpat, Finasteride for a patient with BPH, Petit Mal Seizure. The patient has Bph
Comments: Small Prostate cancer in addition to BPH
- A study of side effects of Methotrexate for a patient with Psoriasis. The patient has Weight Loss - Unintentional
Comments: I have had 3 periods in one month and have lost 25 pounds unplanned.
- A study of drug interactions between Vimpat, Dexamethasone for a patient with Glioblastoma Multiforme. The patient has Aphasia
Comments: twice only
- A study of side effects of Vimpat for a patient with Seizure Disorder. The patient has Graft Overgrowth
Comments: My son is 5 years old. Severe cerebral palsy. On four seizure meds. Gum overgrown bad
- A study of drug interactions between Vesicare, Plavix, Lisinopril, Singulair, Atorvastatin Calcium for a patient with Bladder Discomfort, Stroke Symptom, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Allergy, Blood Cholesterol Decreased. The patient has Weight Loss - Unintentional
Comments: Difficult to determine why I am on these drugs. Told they are for prevention.
More related studies for: Vimpat, Weight loss - unintentional
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.