Review: could Vistaril cause Vision blurred?
Summary: Vision blurred is found among people who take Vistaril, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Prozac, and have Stress and anxiety.
We study 4,022 people who have side effects while taking Vistaril from FDA and social media. Among them, 104 have Vision blurred. Find out below who they are, when they have Vision blurred and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vistaril and have Vision blurred >>>
Vistaril has active ingredients of hydroxyzine hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 4,401 Vistaril users)
Vision blurred has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 48,524 Vision blurred patients)
On Mar, 2, 2015: 4,021 people reported to have side effects when taking Vistaril. Among them, 104 people (2.59%) have Vision Blurred.
Time on Vistaril when people have Vision blurred * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Vision blurred||30.00%||10.00%||20.00%||40.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Vision blurred when taking Vistaril * :
|Vision blurred||57.39%||42.61% |
Age of people who have Vision blurred when taking Vistaril * :
|Vision blurred||0.00%||0.00%||2.02%||20.20%||12.12%||34.34%||14.14%||17.17% |
Severity of Vision blurred when taking Vistaril ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Vision blurred||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Vision blurred ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Vision blurred||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (33 people, 31.73%)
- Depression (28 people, 26.92%)
- Bipolar disorder (24 people, 23.08%)
- Sleep disorder (20 people, 19.23%)
- Pain (17 people, 16.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prozac (39 people, 37.50%)
- Ambien (39 people, 37.50%)
- Seroquel (38 people, 36.54%)
- Neurontin (35 people, 33.65%)
- Oxycontin (35 people, 33.65%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of vistaril and vision blurred on
Do you have Vision Blurred while taking Vistaril?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Vistaril and have Vision Blurred
- support group for people who take Vistaril
- support group for people who have Vision blurred
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Doxycycline, Prednisone, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Allegra, Zantac 150, Metformin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Cefprozil, Allopurinol for a 32-year old man with Hypersomnia, Infection, Swelling, Pain In Limb, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Allergy To Plants, Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Stress, Gout. The patient has Itching, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Insulin C-peptide Increased, Complement Factor C3 Increased, Blood Uric Acid Increased, Pseudopapilloedema, Lymphadenopathy Mediastinal, Vision Blurred, Hives, Swelling, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Acyclovir, Hydroxyzine, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Doxycycline Hyclate for a 42-year old woman with Herpes Simplex, Bladder Pain, Insomnia, Uti - Chronic Or Recurrent. The patient has Bladder Pain, Vulvovaginal Burning Sensation
- A study of drug interactions between Atarax, Singulair, Spiriva, Norvasc, Symbicort, Bystolic, Klonopin for a 67-year old woman with Excitability, Allergic Sinusitis, Copd, Blood Pressure Increased, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Blurred Vision, Dizziness Aggravated, Anxiety, Weight Loss - Intentional, Itching
Recent Vistaril related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine, Lisinopril for a 54-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine, Gabapentin, Seroquel for a 22-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Temazepam, Detrol La, Hydroxyzine for a 64-year old woman who has Allergic Reactions
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine, Clonazepam for a 69-year old man who has Sleep Terror
- Comparions of Meloxicam, Wellbutrin, Hydroxyzine, Adderall 20, Seroquel for a 30-year old woman who has Major Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.