Review: could Vistaril cause Withdrawal syndrome?
Summary: Withdrawal syndrome is found among people who take Vistaril, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Chantix, and have High blood pressure.
We study 4,022 people who have side effects while taking Vistaril from FDA and social media. Among them, 72 have Withdrawal syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Withdrawal syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vistaril and have Withdrawal syndrome >>>
Vistaril has active ingredients of hydroxyzine hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 4,401 Vistaril users)
Withdrawal syndrome (a discontinuation syndrome is a set of symptoms occurred due to discontinuation of substance) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, muscle spasticity, back pain. (latest reports from 9,228 Withdrawal syndrome patients)
On Mar, 4, 2015: 4,022 people reported to have side effects when taking Vistaril. Among them, 72 people (1.79%) have Withdrawal Syndrome.
Time on Vistaril when people have Withdrawal syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Withdrawal syndrome when taking Vistaril * :
|Withdrawal syndrome||94.44%||5.56% |
Age of people who have Withdrawal syndrome when taking Vistaril * :
|Withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.52%||2.17%||19.57%||69.57%||2.17% |
Severity of Withdrawal syndrome when taking Vistaril ** :
How people recovered from Withdrawal syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (53 people, 73.61%)
- Blood cholesterol (52 people, 72.22%)
- Diabetes mellitus (52 people, 72.22%)
- Mental disorder (50 people, 69.44%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (39 people, 54.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Chantix (59 people, 81.94%)
- Prilosec (55 people, 76.39%)
- Darvocet (53 people, 73.61%)
- Potassium chloride (53 people, 73.61%)
- Haldol (53 people, 73.61%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of vistaril and withdrawal syndrome on
Do you have Withdrawal Syndrome while taking Vistaril?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Vistaril and have Withdrawal Syndrome
- support group for people who take Vistaril
- support group for people who have Withdrawal Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 20, Hydroxyzine for a 28-year old woman with Add Inattentive Type, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition. The patient has Repeated Nightmares, Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorder
- A study of drug interactions between Atarax, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride for a 50-year old woman with House Dust Allergy, Itching, Hives. The patient has Hives, Hives
- A study of drug interactions between Acyclovir, Hydroxyzine, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Doxycycline Hyclate for a 42-year old woman with Herpes Simplex, Bladder Pain, Insomnia, Uti - Chronic Or Recurrent. The patient has Bladder Pain, Vulvovaginal Burning Sensation
- A study of drug interactions between Atarax, Singulair, Spiriva, Norvasc, Symbicort, Bystolic, Klonopin for a 67-year old woman with Excitability, Allergic Sinusitis, Copd, Blood Pressure Increased, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Blurred Vision, Dizziness Aggravated, Anxiety, Weight Loss - Intentional, Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Tenex, Concerta, Hydroxyzine, Clonidine for a 5-year old boy with ADHD, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition. The patient has Blows His Nose Constantly, Meltdowns, Shakes, Seeing Things Only At Night
Recent Vistaril related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.