Vitamin e and Benign prostatic hyperplasia - from FDA reports
Benign prostatic hyperplasia is found among people who take Vitamin E, especially for people who are 60+ old also take medication Folic Acid, and have High blood cholesterol . We study 23,162 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin e from FDA. Among them, 44 have Benign prostatic hyperplasia. Find out below who they are, when they have Benign prostatic hyperplasia and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Vitamin e has active ingredients of tocopherols and tocotrienols. It is often used in vitamin supplementation. (latest outcomes from Vitamin e 23,616 users)
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
Benign prostatic hyperplasia (benign enlargement of the prostate) has been reported by people with erection problems, high blood pressure, enlarged prostate (latest reports from 24,197 Benign prostatic hyperplasia patients).
On Jan, 31, 2017
23,162 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin E.
Among them, 44 people (0.19%) have Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Age of people who have Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia when taking Vitamin E *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 5.41 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 10.81 %
- 50-59: 13.51 %
- 60+: 70.27 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (6 people, 13.64%)
- Pain (3 people, 6.82%)
- Diabetes (3 people, 6.82%)
- Multiple Myeloma (2 people, 4.55%)
- Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease (2 people, 4.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Folic Acid (15 people, 34.09%)
- Lipitor (14 people, 31.82%)
- Lasix (13 people, 29.55%)
- Serevent (9 people, 20.45%)
- Flomax (9 people, 20.45%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Chest Pain (15 people, 34.09%)
- Fatigue (13 people, 29.55%)
- Weight Decreased (10 people, 22.73%)
- Muscle Aches (10 people, 22.73%)
- Hypotension (10 people, 22.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Benign prostatic hyperplasia when taking Vitamin e?
- Check symptoms - is benign prostatic hyperplasia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Browse all side effects of Vitamin ea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Benign prostatic hyperplasiaBenign prostatic hyperplasia
Could your condition cause Benign prostatic hyperplasiaBenign prostatic hyperplasia
Can you answer these questions?
Doctors agree that I should not take all three medicines at the same time (amlodipine, atenolol and Flowmax) but disagree on when to take each of them (Morning, Noon, Night). I also drink coffee or tea in the morning and occasional cocktail at 5-7 PM. How do most people take these medicines with ...