Review: could Vitamin b12 cause Abdominal distention (Abdomen - swollen)?
Summary: Abdominal distention is reported only by a few people who take Vitamin b12.
We study 2,481 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin b12 from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Abdominal distention. Find out below who they are, when they have Abdominal distention and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vitamin b12 and have Abdominal distention >>>
Vitamin b12 has active ingredients of cobalamin. It is often used in vitamin b12 deficiency. (latest outcomes from 2,982 Vitamin b12 users)
On Feb, 26, 2015: 2,474 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin b12. Among them, 3 people (0.12%) have Abdominal Distention.
Time on Vitamin b12 when people have Abdominal distention * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Abdominal distention||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Abdominal distention when taking Vitamin b12 * :
|Abdominal distention||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Abdominal distention when taking Vitamin b12 * :
|Abdominal distention||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Abdominal distention when taking Vitamin b12 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Abdominal distention||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Abdominal distention ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Abdominal distention||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- High blood pressure (2 people, 66.67%)
- Goiter (1 people, 33.33%)
- Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness (1 people, 33.33%)
- Depression - chronic (1 people, 33.33%)
- Hypothyroidism (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin d (2 people, 66.67%)
- Levoxyl (1 people, 33.33%)
- Zonisamide (1 people, 33.33%)
- Zoloft (1 people, 33.33%)
- Amrix (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Abdominal Distention while taking Vitamin B12?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Vitamin b12 and have Abdominal Distention
- support group for people who take Vitamin b12
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Cranberry Extract, Calcium, Vitamin D, Iron EDTA, Fish Oil, Vitamin B12, Zimovane, Crestor, XANAX, Paxil for a 69-year old woman with UTI - Chronic Or Recurrent, Leg Pain, Anemia, Good For You, Liver Fibrosis, Sleepy, High Blood Cholesterol, Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Vitamin B12 Increased, Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Sore Right Hip, Numbness And Tingling, Right-sided Heart Failure, Back Pain, Back Pain - Low, Abdominal Pain Lower, Blood Urine
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin B12, Ferrous Citrate Fe 59, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 22-year old woman with Anemia, Anaemia, Depression. The patient has Mettalic Taste In Mouth, Dry Mouth
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Diazepam, Oxytocin 5 Usp Units In Dextrose 5%, Levothyroxine Sodium, Breo Ellipta, Prozac for a 46-year old woman with Indigestion, Diffenncy, Difficiency, D Difficiency, Narcolepsy, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Pain, Thyroid Disorder, Copd, Depression. The patient has Narcolepsy, Stress At Work, Frequent Headaches, Chiari Malformation, Constipation, Diarrhea, Nausea, Pain - Joints, Forgetfulness, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fecal Leaking, Difficulty Breathing
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Maleate; Benazepril Hydrochloride, Doxazosin Mesylate, Atenolol for a 67-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears, Swollen Belly, Aches And Pains In Bones, Eye Allergy, Palpitations
Recent Vitamin b12 related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.