Review: could Vitamin b12 cause Achilles tendonitis?
Summary: Achilles tendonitis is reported only by a few people who take Vitamin b12.
We study 2,493 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin b12 from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Achilles tendonitis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vitamin b12 and have Achilles tendonitis >>>
Vitamin b12 has active ingredients of cobalamin. It is often used in vitamin b12 deficiency. (latest outcomes from 2,996 Vitamin b12 users)
Achilles tendonitis (sharp pain anywhere along the back of the tendon) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease, enlarged prostate. (latest reports from 63 Achilles tendonitis patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 2,481 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin b12. Among them, 1 people (0.04%) has Achilles Tendonitis.
Time on Vitamin b12 when people have Achilles tendonitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Achilles tendonitis||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Achilles tendonitis when taking Vitamin b12 * :
|Achilles tendonitis||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Achilles tendonitis when taking Vitamin b12 * :
|Achilles tendonitis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Achilles tendonitis when taking Vitamin b12 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Achilles tendonitis||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Achilles tendonitis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Achilles tendonitis||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anemia - hemolytic - caused by chemicals or toxins (1 people, 100.00%)
- Mesothelioma (1 people, 100.00%)
- Chemotherapy (1 people, 100.00%)
- High blood pressure (1 people, 100.00%)
- High blood cholesterol (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Folic acid (1 people, 100.00%)
- Cisplatin (1 people, 100.00%)
- Alimta (1 people, 100.00%)
- Lisinopril (1 people, 100.00%)
- Coreg (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Achilles Tendonitis while taking Vitamin B12?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Vitamin b12 and have Achilles Tendonitis
- support group for people who take Vitamin b12
- support group for people who have Achilles Tendonitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Denatured Collagen, Vitamin B12, Folic Acid, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Prempro, Mobic, Cogentin, Lialda, Cymbalta, Abilify for a 63-year old woman with Brittle Nails, Major Depression, Sleep Disorder, Menopause Hot Flashes, Arthritis, Tremor, Ulcerative Colitis, Chronic Depression. The patient has Weight Gain, Fatigue, Tremor, Neck Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin B12, Lamictal, Desipramine Hydrochloride, Klonopin, Abilify, Lopressor for a 55-year old man with Energy Increased, Anticonvulsant Drug Level Below Therapeutic, Chronic Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Provigil for a 54-year old woman with Facial Nerve Palsy, Vitamin D Decreased, Narcolepsy. The patient has Bell's Palsy
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Bupropion Hydrobromide, Singulair, Flonase, Loestrin Fe 1/20 for a 33-year old woman with Daily Vit, Adrenal Suppression, Allergies, Contraception. The patient has Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods
- A study of drug interactions between Cranberry Extract, Calcium, Vitamin D, Iron EDTA, Fish Oil, Vitamin B12, Zimovane, Crestor, XANAX, Paxil for a 69-year old woman with UTI - Chronic Or Recurrent, Leg Pain, Anemia, Good For You, Liver Fibrosis, Sleepy, High Blood Cholesterol, Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Vitamin B12 Increased, Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Sore Right Hip, Numbness And Tingling, Right-sided Heart Failure, Back Pain, Back Pain - Low, Abdominal Pain Lower, Blood Urine
Recent Vitamin b12 related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.