Review: could Vitamin b12 cause Bloating (Abdominal bloating)?
Summary: Bloating is reported only by a few people who take Vitamin b12.
We study 2,441 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin b12 from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Bloating. Find out below who they are, when they have Bloating and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vitamin b12 and have Bloating >>>
Vitamin b12 has active ingredients of cobalamin. It is often used in vitamin b12 deficiency. (latest outcomes from Vitamin b12 2,941 users)
Bloating (feeling of tightness around abdomen) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, gastroesophageal reflux disease, stress and anxiety, birth control.(latest reports from Bloating 298 patients)
On Dec, 13, 2014: 2,441 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin b12. Among them, 2 people (0.08%) have Bloating.
Time on Vitamin b12 when people have Bloating * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Bloating when taking Vitamin b12 * :
Age of people who have Bloating when taking Vitamin b12 * :
Severity of Bloating when taking Vitamin b12 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Bloating ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Neck injury (2 people, 100.00%)
- Anxiety disorder (2 people, 100.00%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 100.00%)
- Pain - abdomen (2 people, 100.00%)
- Nausea postoperative (2 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Propranolol hydrochloride (2 people, 100.00%)
- Tizanidine hydrochloride (2 people, 100.00%)
- Dilaudid (2 people, 100.00%)
- Fentanyl-25 (2 people, 100.00%)
- Phenergan (2 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bloating while taking Vitamin B12?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vitamin b12 and have Bloating
- support group for people who take Vitamin b12
- support group for people who have Bloating
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Since having my gallbladder removed, i have been having an ileum occur. does anyone know why this happens? i have celiac and never had a stomache or vomiting until the gladdbladder was removed.
i feel that the removal of the gallbladder has caused my symptom. I never had a problem with my stomach before the removal of gallbladder. I have celiac, and I follow a strict gluten-free diet. If anyone can share some insight on why I would have these symptoms, it would greatly be appreciated.
- Does anyone else have trouble getting to sleep since beginning to take brilinta?
Am trying to figure out just why, since stent insertion, I have developed insomnia which keeps me from getting to sleep at night. Brilinta is the only new drug I am taking.I am very sleepy, falling asleep in my chair while watching TV, but wide awake when I go to bed and staying awake until two or three in the morning. I do not nap during the day and am pretty active with cardio rehab and walking the dogs three times a day.
- Can my symptoms actually pinpoint a cause/condition? (1 answer)
I would just like insight on this. I'm on pain management right now, but it's just to manage the pain. Every thing else has really been not taken serious by any physican it office I've been to. Is this normal stuff many woman go through? I'm just sick of feeling like this between the constant pain & the daily having to pluck hairs it's insane. I'm in fantastic shape(used to be double my weight & now I'm 100lbs), the best looking I've ever been with a incredibly good looking husband & a wonderful family. My issues seem to detour a lot of things & while I'm young I'd like to get this solved or some type of solution to even maintain myself, not looking for a miracle, but would really appreciate answers.
- What do i have, it's bothering me (1 answer)
finger bones on fire at tips and also toes burning like fire; back of neck and tip of nose very cold and eyes puffy; urine is red sometimes but then sometimes dark brown with yellow foam and white spots in it; tongue coated all white and smells bad; can't sit still because the tailbone is on fire; also burning when passing urine and poo poo smell very bad like ammonia; vision blur and see floating spots when i bend down to tie shoe--can't cook food, smell too bad, really bad if fish or carrots; sounds all loud and ringy and have the ring in right ear at night; wake up early and can't sleep well--want to throw up some times--never do, but get really dizzy--skin have rash on elbows and losing hair on top and also on botton, where it turn grey--everything smell bad, even ocean air or from fan in attic; can't stand sound of birds skawking--want to just lie down all the time--no energy--legs get weak late in morning or if i sit too long-can't watch tv no more, all the colors blur and have to sit too close and everyone get mad--stuff drip from nose and dry on upper lip--taste bad--hard to swallow--try a lot to swallow--feel lump in throat all the time--big lump on neck move up and down when i swallow; get very red and hurt a lot. what do i have? no one know. no doctor want see me. what i have?
- Why are my medications making me look bloated (1 answer)
In 2008 I started the Suboxone Program. I Started on 16mg since then, I have been up and down on my doses. I was put on this drug as a result of my addiction to to over the counter opiates. I was also prescribed Seroquel, I stopped taking the Seroquel it wasn't helping me in anyway and I gained so much weight. In 2012 I was diagnosed with Bipolar and my psychiatrist put me on 300Mg Effexor, 20Mg Olanzipane and 1000Mg of Valpro. After 10 months I was able to stop taking the Valpro and Olanzipane. No matter how much weight I lose, I always appear so puffy and bloated in the face, especially under my eyes, they look like I haven't slept for weeks. I have very low self esteem as it is, this is making me feel miserable. I should also mention, that i got down 1MG of the Suboxone, after various stresses I went right back up to 18Mg. I have finally started to turn a corner and I am now reducing my dose at the right pace. It would make me feel so much better if I knew if even one more person was having this experience. Any feedback would be so appreciated. I send this with love from Australia :)
More questions for: Vitamin b12, Bloating
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Nexium and feeling cold (1 response)
I took Nexium (1 40mg capsule) and approximately 45 minutes later, I felt extremely cold. I could not get warm, even though I put on a polartec jacket and sat near a heater.
I also was extremely nauseated at the same time.
About 30 minutes after the incident began, it ended. I no longer was cold and I was no longer nauseated.
- I got pneumonia while taking topamax, obvious correlation
I do not take all the medicines above all the time but I am using an implanted pump giving me less than 2mg of dilaudid per day, 75 mg effexor daily and usually buspar. Dr prescribed topamax within 4 days I was hospitalized with Pneumonia, stayed a week came home a week had a clear chest x ray and the next week I got it again and was hospitalized 9 days that time. I knew I had been on the med but could not remember the side effect that made me come off previously until i started it again 2 days ago and woke today with Pneumonia again. Last time my pulmonologist said that the med in combination with the antidepressant which is all I take right now relaxes me too much and it paralyzes my choking reflex causing aspiration of saliva and ultimately waking up sick as the bacteria laced fluid goes crazy in the moist conditions of the lungs.
More reviews for: Vitamin b12, Bloating
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I take 60 of the Adderall XR a day. I have stomach bloating and gas and have been diagnosed via a blood test that I have celiac disease. I have tried to eat a gluten-free diet but find it expensive and time consuming. Some days are better than others but most days I feel bloated and cannot stand any ...
- My right hand started showing problems in late 2005, I was losing mobility (at the age of 30 back then), especially in my thumb, with pronounced fasciculations, without any injury.
I was referred to a neurological clinic. There I did all the neurological exams. MRI both with and without contrast ...
- I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ago my stomach seemingly stopped being able to digest food well. Symptoms include acid reflux/GERD, belching, abdominal bloating, increased spasms, and severely decreased sleep. UCSF, Stanford, and gastroenterologists have not been able to diagnose ...
- I have IBS and have had bloating and gas pain in the past, but I'm taking Linzess which has kept it under control. I started taking Lefunomide 20 mg and within 12 hrs I had a severe case of gas pain and bloating that I couldn't get to go away and has lingered for 3 days
- Have had continued hair loss for the last 5 years. It started slowly in the front of scalp but am now losing hair all over my head. Am wondering if it is the Clonidine causing this problem. Am taking Clonidine for Menopausal Hot Flashes.
More related studies for: Vitamin b12, Bloating
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.