Review: could Vitamin b12 cause Blood pressure increased?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 10, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.1/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 2,360 people who take Vitamin b12. Among them, 64 have Blood pressure increased. See who they are, when they have Blood pressure increased and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Vitamin b12 (latest outcomes from 2,789 users) has active ingredients of cobalamin. It is often used in vitamin b12 deficiency, energy increased. Commonly reported side effects of Vitamin b12 include weakness, fatigue, nausea aggravated, nausea, fatigue aggravated.
Blood pressure increased
Blood pressure increased (latest reports from 1,128,696 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain.
On Feb, 10, 2014: 2,332 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin b12. Among them, 63 people (2.70%) have Blood Pressure Increased.
Time on Vitamin b12 when people have Blood pressure increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood pressure increased||0.00%||25.00%||6.25%||25.00%||6.25%||18.75%||18.75% |
Gender of people who have Blood pressure increased when taking Vitamin b12 * :
|Blood pressure increased||74.60%||25.40% |
Age of people who have Blood pressure increased when taking Vitamin b12 * :
|Blood pressure increased||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.55%||1.89%||16.98%||32.08%||41.51% |
Severity of Blood pressure increased when taking Vitamin b12 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Blood pressure increased||5.88%||70.59%||23.53%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Blood pressure increased ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Blood pressure increased||0.00%||42.86%||57.14% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (12 people, 19.05%)
- High blood pressure (8 people, 12.70%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (8 people, 12.70%)
- Ill-defined disorder (6 people, 9.52%)
- Neuropathy (5 people, 7.94%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (19 people, 30.16%)
- Multi-vitamin (9 people, 14.29%)
- Lipitor (9 people, 14.29%)
- Vitamin d (9 people, 14.29%)
- Vitamin e (8 people, 12.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Vitamin b12, Blood pressure increased
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Vitamin B12 (cobalamin) is often used for vitamin b12 deficiency. Find out below the conditions Vitamin B12 is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Vitamin B12 used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Vitamin b12 side effects from A to Z:
Browse Vitamin b12 drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
Healed joint and soft tissue injuries (PID) return with increased pain and swelling. Pressure changes with position. Frequency and intensity of migraines increased with pressure symptoms. Genetic connective tissue disorder - Ehler Danlos Syndrome. Cardiac arrhythmia. History of rheumatic fever, pneumothorax, whooping cough, and severe allergic reactions.
From this study (3 months ago):
Past distal injuries returning with increased pressure symptoms. Eye pain with movement. Increased pressure and pain with neck movement. Connective tissue disease - Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Vitamin b12, Blood pressure increased
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Went to dr. for high blood pressure.... dr. thought i was depressed and gave me samples of viibyrd....blood pressure kept increasing(205/117)
Made appointment with family dr. for my high blood pressure( 200/105)..he seemed to think I was depressed....He changed my blood pressure med and gave me Viibyrd...After taking one pill blood pressure increased to 227/107...Also, had like electrical shock sensations from heart..NEVER!!!!would I take ...
- High blood pressure and hot flashes
Had normalish hot flashes and night sweats since age 23. Genetically predestined for early menopause like my mother. At age 41-42 stopped menstrual cycle ...Hot flashes intensified to unbearable! would be outside in below freezing weather sweating like I was sitting in a sauna, I am now 45. I found ...
- Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
More reviews for: Vitamin b12, Blood pressure increased
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of side effects of Vitamin B12 for a patient with Prilosec. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Zyrtec, Fluconazole, Lansoprazole, Miralax, Lidoderm, Cardizem, Fioricet, Advair Diskus 500/50, Symbicort, Relpax, Tylenol, Enbrel, Vitamin B12, Restasis, Ipratropium Bromide, Xopenex Hfa, Xopenex, Singulair, Oxycodone, Baclofen, Aygestin, Vitamin D for a patient with Allergic Reactions, Allergic Sinusitis, Gerd, Constipation, Pain Management, Hypertension, Migraine With Aura, Asthma, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Dry Eye, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Endometriosis, Vitamin D Deficiency. The patient has Single Digit Swelling From.past Injury, Vertigo Positional, Nerve Pain (Neuralgia), Pain - Joints (Joint pain), Pain, Constipation, Passed Out (Fainting), Drowsiness, Fatigue, Interruption Of Aortic Arch, Micturition Frequency Decreased, Blood Pressure Increased (High blood pressure), Pressure Sore, Vision Blurred, Diastolic Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin B12, Ibuprofen, Adderall 20, Alprazolam, Suboxone for a patient with Central Nervous System Stimulation, Pain In Extremity, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Anxiety Disorder, Opiate Withdrawal. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Pain In Limb, Pain - Back (Back pain - low), Sciatica
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Atenolol, Hydrochlorothiazide, Atorvastatin Calcium, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Diabetes Mellitus, Ostopenia, Menopause, High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Dizziness, Constipation, Intolerance To Heat (Heat intolerance), High Blood Pressure, Profuse Sweating, Afib
- A study of drug interactions between Valeriana Officinalis, Rhizome Di Kava-Kava, Omega 3, Calcium Magnesium Inositol Hexaphosphate, Glucosamine Sulfate, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Tribulus Terrestris, Vitamin C, Vitamin B12, Multivitamin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Soma, Meloxicam, Levothyroxine Sodium, Methadone Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Losartan for a patient with Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety, Routine Health Maintenance, Sexual Dysfunction, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain, Thyroid Disorder, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Hypertension. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Depression, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety)
- A study of drug interactions between Cinnamon, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Niacin, CoQ10, Aspirin, Lamotrigine, Risperidone, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Lipitor, Metoprolol Succinate, Lisinopril, Digoxin for a patient with Heart, Despression, Atrial Fibrillation, Help Heart, Bipolar 1, Depression, Blood Cholesterol Increased, High Blood Pressure, A-fib. The patient has Bipolar 1 (Bipolar I Disorder), High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (High Blood Cholesterol), High Blood Pressure, Atrial Fibrillation (Atrial fibrillation/flutter)
- A study of drug interactions between Benicar, CoQ10, Multivitamin, Garlic, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Feraheme, MSM, Magnesium Glycinate, Oil Of Flaxseed, Fish Oil, Adrenal Complex for a patient with Blood Pressure Increased, Multi-vitamin Deficiency, Blood Pressure, Fibromyalgia, Energy Increased, Anemia, Stress. The patient has Tingling In Hands Or Feet (Numbness in hands or feet), Headache, High Blood Pressure, Fatigue, Short-term Memory Loss (Memory loss), Muscle Fatigue (Weakness)
More related studies for: Vitamin b12, Blood pressure increased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.