Review: could Vitamin b12 cause Eyes - sensitive to light (Photophobia)?
Summary: Eyes - sensitive to light is found among people who take Vitamin b12, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lyrica, and have Preventive health care.
We study 2,493 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin b12 from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Eyes - sensitive to light. Find out below who they are, when they have Eyes - sensitive to light and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vitamin b12 and have Eyes - sensitive to light >>>
Vitamin b12 has active ingredients of cobalamin. It is often used in vitamin b12 deficiency. (latest outcomes from 2,996 Vitamin b12 users)
Eyes - sensitive to light
Eyes - sensitive to light (extreme sensitivity to light) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 6,112 Eyes - sensitive to light patients)
On Apr, 25, 2015: 2,493 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin b12. Among them, 7 people (0.28%) have Eyes - Sensitive To Light.
Time on Vitamin b12 when people have Eyes - sensitive to light * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Eyes - sensitive to light||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Eyes - sensitive to light when taking Vitamin b12 * :
|Eyes - sensitive to light||71.43%||28.57% |
Age of people who have Eyes - sensitive to light when taking Vitamin b12 * :
|Eyes - sensitive to light||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||14.29%||42.86%||28.57% |
Severity of Eyes - sensitive to light when taking Vitamin b12 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Eyes - sensitive to light||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Eyes - sensitive to light ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Eyes - sensitive to light||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Prophylaxis (1 people, 14.29%)
- Pain in extremity (1 people, 14.29%)
- Pain (1 people, 14.29%)
- Interstitial lung disease (1 people, 14.29%)
- Raynaud's phenomenon (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lyrica (2 people, 28.57%)
- Pravachol (2 people, 28.57%)
- Vitamin d (2 people, 28.57%)
- Folic acid (2 people, 28.57%)
- Nifedipine (1 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Eyes - Sensitive To Light while taking Vitamin B12?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Vitamin b12 and have Eyes - Sensitive To Light
- support group for people who take Vitamin b12
- support group for people who have Eyes - Sensitive To Light
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin B12, Simvastatin, Norvasc, Atenolol for a 58-year old woman with Nerve Pain, Hypertension, High Cholesterol, Hypertension, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Gastric Ph, Breast Pain, Gnawing, Bloating, Heartburn
- A study of drug interactions between Citalopram Hydrobromide, Sertraline for a 21-year old woman with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood. The patient has Heavy Legs, Loss Of Control Of Legs, Loss Of Appetite, Belly Ache, Slow Heart Beat, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Dry Mouth, Headache, Light Sensitivity, Sensitivity To The Cold, Neck Pain, Weakness, Tremor, Swallowing Difficulty, Muscle Aches, Shaking Palsy, Skin Rash
- A study of side effects of Hydromorphone Hydrochloride for a 35-year old woman with Endometrioma. The patient has Withdrawal From Opioids, Bladder Discomfort, Vision Blurred, Vision - Light Sensitive, Insomnia, Dehydration, Decreased Appetite, Skin Burning Sensation, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Spasms Of The Hands Or Feet, Muscle Spasms
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Vitamin B12, Zyrtec Allergy, Flonase for a 63-year old woman with Insomnia, Fatigue - Chronic, Allergy, Allergic Sinusitis. The patient has Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Headache, Blurred Vision
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin B12, Co-codamol, Simvastatin, Ranitidine, Perindopril Erbumine, Prozac for a 75-year old man with Low Egfr, Pain, Hypercholesterolaemia, Hyperacidity, Blood Pressure Increased, Depression. The patient has Depression, Loss Of Bladder Control
Recent Vitamin b12 related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.