Review: could Vitamin b12 cause Eyes - sensitive to light (Photophobia)?
Summary: Eyes - sensitive to light is found among people who take Vitamin b12, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lyrica, and have Preventive health care.
We study 2,481 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin b12 from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Eyes - sensitive to light. Find out below who they are, when they have Eyes - sensitive to light and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vitamin b12 and have Eyes - sensitive to light >>>
Vitamin b12 has active ingredients of cobalamin. It is often used in vitamin b12 deficiency. (latest outcomes from 2,982 Vitamin b12 users)
Eyes - sensitive to light
Eyes - sensitive to light (extreme sensitivity to light) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 6,107 Eyes - sensitive to light patients)
On Mar, 23, 2015: 2,481 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin b12. Among them, 7 people (0.28%) have Eyes - Sensitive To Light.
Time on Vitamin b12 when people have Eyes - sensitive to light * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Eyes - sensitive to light||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Eyes - sensitive to light when taking Vitamin b12 * :
|Eyes - sensitive to light||71.43%||28.57% |
Age of people who have Eyes - sensitive to light when taking Vitamin b12 * :
|Eyes - sensitive to light||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||14.29%||42.86%||28.57% |
Severity of Eyes - sensitive to light when taking Vitamin b12 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Eyes - sensitive to light||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Eyes - sensitive to light ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Eyes - sensitive to light||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Prophylaxis (1 people, 14.29%)
- Pain in extremity (1 people, 14.29%)
- Pain (1 people, 14.29%)
- Interstitial lung disease (1 people, 14.29%)
- Raynaud's phenomenon (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lyrica (2 people, 28.57%)
- Pravachol (2 people, 28.57%)
- Vitamin d (2 people, 28.57%)
- Folic acid (2 people, 28.57%)
- Nifedipine (1 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Eyes - Sensitive To Light while taking Vitamin B12?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Vitamin b12 and have Eyes - Sensitive To Light
- support group for people who take Vitamin b12
- support group for people who have Eyes - Sensitive To Light
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Cranberry Extract, Calcium, Vitamin D, Iron EDTA, Fish Oil, Vitamin B12, Zimovane, Crestor, XANAX, Paxil for a 69-year old woman with UTI - Chronic Or Recurrent, Leg Pain, Anemia, Good For You, Liver Fibrosis, Sleepy, High Blood Cholesterol, Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Vitamin B12 Increased, Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Sore Right Hip, Numbness And Tingling, Right-sided Heart Failure, Back Pain, Back Pain - Low, Abdominal Pain Lower, Blood Urine
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 10, Folic Acid, Klonopin, Zanaflex, Lamictal for a 34-year old woman with ADHD, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, Insomnia, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Eye Pain, Fatigue, Light Sensitivity, Blurred Vision
- A study of drug interactions between Spironolactone, Effexor XR for a 34-year old woman with Acne, Anxiety. The patient has Eyes - Sensitive To Light
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin B12, Ferrous Citrate Fe 59, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 22-year old woman with Anemia, Anaemia, Depression. The patient has Mettalic Taste In Mouth, Dry Mouth
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Diazepam, Oxytocin 5 Usp Units In Dextrose 5%, Levothyroxine Sodium, Breo Ellipta, Prozac for a 46-year old woman with Indigestion, Diffenncy, Difficiency, D Difficiency, Narcolepsy, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Pain, Thyroid Disorder, Copd, Depression. The patient has Narcolepsy, Stress At Work, Frequent Headaches, Chiari Malformation, Constipation, Diarrhea, Nausea, Pain - Joints, Forgetfulness, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fecal Leaking, Difficulty Breathing
Recent Vitamin b12 related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.