Review: could Vitamin b12 cause Flushing (Skin blushing/flushing)?
Summary: Flushing is found among people who take Vitamin b12, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Niaspan, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 2,481 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin b12 from FDA and social media. Among them, 40 have Flushing. Find out below who they are, when they have Flushing and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vitamin b12 and have Flushing >>>
Vitamin b12 has active ingredients of cobalamin. It is often used in vitamin b12 deficiency. (latest outcomes from 2,982 Vitamin b12 users)
Flushing (the warm, red condition of human skin) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high density lipoprotein decreased, low density lipoprotein increased, high blood pressure, hyperlipidaemia. (latest reports from 45,066 Flushing patients)
On Mar, 26, 2015: 2,481 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin b12. Among them, 40 people (1.61%) have Flushing.
Time on Vitamin b12 when people have Flushing * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Flushing when taking Vitamin b12 * :
Age of people who have Flushing when taking Vitamin b12 * :
Severity of Flushing when taking Vitamin b12 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Flushing ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (4 people, 10.00%)
- Non-small cell lung cancer (2 people, 5.00%)
- Depression (2 people, 5.00%)
- Acid reflux (2 people, 5.00%)
- Temporal lobe epilepsy (1 people, 2.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Niaspan (21 people, 52.50%)
- Aspirin (13 people, 32.50%)
- Vitamin e (11 people, 27.50%)
- Folic acid (9 people, 22.50%)
- Vitamin b6 (8 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of vitamin b12 and flushing on
Do you have Flushing while taking Vitamin B12?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Vitamin b12 and have Flushing
- support group for people who take Vitamin b12
- support group for people who have Flushing
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Vitamin B12 for a 29-year old woman with Vitamin B-12 Level. The patient has Dry Throat
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Vitamin D, Magnesium Sulfate In Plastic Container, Biotin, Vitamin B12, Cytomel, Singulair, Elavil, Omeprazole, Effexor Xr for a 41-year old woman with Osteoporosis, Chronic Depression, Migraine - Classic, Keratosis Pilaris, Asthma, Gerd. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Phentermine, Effexor for a 43-year old woman with Weight Control, Anxiety. The patient has Sleep Issues, Tension Headaches, Skin Blushing/flushing, Itchy Spot On Face
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Omega 3, Vitamin B12, Iron Dextran, Adderall Xr 30, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 33-year old woman with General Physical Condition, Fatigue, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Adhd, Depression. The patient has Borderline Personality Disorder, Depression, Suicidal Ideation
- A study of drug interactions between Bacillus Probiotics, Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Evening Primrose Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Spironolactone, Prednisone, Adderall 15, Ambien Cr, Ms Contin, Oxycodone Hydrochloride for a 41-year old woman with Acne Vulgaris / Pyoderma Faciale, Acne Vulgaris/ Pyoderma Faciale, Pyoderma Faciale / Acne Vulgaris, Acne Vulgaris Pyoderma Faciale, Pyoderma, Add, Benign Intracranial Hypertension. The patient has Dizziness Postural, Sleeplessness, Sweating - Excessive, Swelling Face, Headache, Overproduction Of Sebum, Heart Rate Increased, Flushing
Recent Vitamin b12 related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.