Review: could Vitamin b12 cause Frequent bowel movements?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 5, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.3/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 2,360 people who take Vitamin b12. Among them, 30 have Frequent bowel movements. See who they are, when they have Frequent bowel movements and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Vitamin b12 (latest outcomes from 2,789 users) has active ingredients of cobalamin. It is often used in vitamin b12 deficiency, energy increased. Commonly reported side effects of Vitamin b12 include weakness, fatigue, nausea aggravated, nausea, fatigue aggravated.
Frequent bowel movements
Frequent bowel movements (latest reports from 1,070,455 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, acupuncture and pain, pain relief by acupuncture.
On Mar, 5, 2014: 2,360 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin b12. Among them, 30 people (1.27%) have Frequent Bowel Movements.
Time on Vitamin b12 when people have Frequent bowel movements * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Frequent bowel movements||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Frequent bowel movements when taking Vitamin b12 * :
|Frequent bowel movements||61.29%||38.71% |
Age of people who have Frequent bowel movements when taking Vitamin b12 * :
|Frequent bowel movements||3.12%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.12%||18.75%||21.88%||53.12% |
Severity of Frequent bowel movements when taking Vitamin b12 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Frequent bowel movements||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Frequent bowel movements ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Frequent bowel movements||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (5 people, 16.67%)
- Non-small cell lung cancer (3 people, 10.00%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (2 people, 6.67%)
- Energy increased (2 people, 6.67%)
- Asthma (2 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Folic acid (10 people, 33.33%)
- Synthroid (6 people, 20.00%)
- Prednisone (5 people, 16.67%)
- Oxycontin (5 people, 16.67%)
- Lasix (5 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Vitamin b12, Frequent bowel movements
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Vitamin B12 (cobalamin) is often used for vitamin b12 deficiency. Find out below the conditions Vitamin B12 is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Vitamin B12 used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Vitamin b12 side effects from A to Z:
Browse Vitamin b12 drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
Been going on for about 1 week. No insurance so I can't go to doctor right now. Did recently recover from strep throat, by using Amoxicillin. I also drank grapefruit juice and orange juice while sick, while taking all above medications. Any suggestions?
From this study (3 months ago):
Over past 6+ years, hair has thinned by half.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Vitamin b12, Frequent bowel movements
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Nexium and feeling cold
I took Nexium (1 40mg capsule) and approximately 45 minutes later, I felt extremely cold. I could not get warm, even though I put on a polartec jacket and sat near a heater.
I also was extremely nauseated at the same time.
About 30 minutes after the incident began, it ended. I no longer was ...
- Isoniazid: the downside continued
I also have extreme fatigue. I can sleep 8 hours and then take a 4 hour nap. I have dizziness which seems to be increasing in the last few weeks. I have nausea on and off. I have diarrhea in the morning 45 minutes after taking it. Then I am mostly constipated for the rest of the day. It seems ...
- Gemfibrozil, depression and sleepiness
I would like to hear from anyone who has had these symptoms, and how they dealt with it, by either lowering dosage or quitting the med, or other. Also would like to hear from others who continued to drink moderately and if this drug lowered their triglycerides...or those who were no longer able to ...
More reviews for: Vitamin b12, Frequent bowel movements
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Metformin, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Dexilant, Lisinopril for a patient with Vitamin D, Energy Increased, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Anxiety And Stress, Acid Reflux, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Dehydration, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (Fatigue), Decreased Appetite (Appetite - decreased), Migraine - Classic (Migraine with aura), Diarrhea, Stomach Pain (Abdominal pain)
- A study of drug interactions between Evening Primrose Oil, Zeaxanthin, Lutein, Magnesium Orotate, Vitamin B12, Milk Thistle, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Biotin, Multivitamin, Melatonin, Red Cherry, Tart Cherry, CoQ-10, Fish Oil, Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Omeprazole, Metformin, Niaspan, Synthroid, Premarin, Victoza, Clonazepam, Clonidine, Cymbalta, Fenofibrate, Crestor for a patient with Eczema, Health, Heart Rate Irregular, Energy Increased, Liver Fatty, Antioxidant Therapy, Skin Disorder, Hair Disorder, Sleepy, Sinus Headache, Counteract Niaspan Effects, Heartburn, Type 2 Diabetes, Blood Cholesterol Increased, Hypothyroidism, Menopause Hot Flashes, Anxiety, Restlessness, Depression, Blood Triglycerides Increased, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Diarrhea, Loss Of Hair (Hair loss)
More related studies for: Vitamin b12, Frequent bowel movements
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.