Review: could Vitamin b12 cause Gas - flatulence?
Summary: Gas - flatulence is reported only by a few people who take Vitamin b12.
We study 2,493 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin b12 from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Gas - flatulence. Find out below who they are, when they have Gas - flatulence and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vitamin b12 and have Gas - flatulence >>>
Vitamin b12 has active ingredients of cobalamin. It is often used in vitamin b12 deficiency. (latest outcomes from 2,996 Vitamin b12 users)
Gas - flatulence
Gas - flatulence (act of expelling air from the intestine through anus) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety, high blood cholesterol, gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest reports from 139 Gas - flatulence patients)
On Apr, 12, 2015: 2,493 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin b12. Among them, 2 people (0.08%) have Gas - Flatulence.
Time on Vitamin b12 when people have Gas - flatulence * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Gas - flatulence||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Gas - flatulence when taking Vitamin b12 * :
|Gas - flatulence||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Gas - flatulence when taking Vitamin b12 * :
|Gas - flatulence||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Gas - flatulence when taking Vitamin b12 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Gas - flatulence||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
How people recovered from Gas - flatulence ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Gas - flatulence||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Thyroid function test abnormal (1 people, 50.00%)
- Fibromyalgia syndrome (1 people, 50.00%)
- Aat deficiency (1 people, 50.00%)
- Fibromyalgia (1 people, 50.00%)
- Nerve pain (1 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin d (2 people, 100.00%)
- Alpha - lipoic acid (1 people, 50.00%)
- Kelp (1 people, 50.00%)
- Magnesium sulfate (1 people, 50.00%)
- Lyrica (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of vitamin b12 and gas - flatulence on
Do you have Gas - Flatulence while taking Vitamin B12?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Vitamin b12 and have Gas - Flatulence
- support group for people who take Vitamin b12
- support group for people who have Gas - Flatulence
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Atenolol, Vitamin B12 for a 58-year old woman with Low Egfr, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Oesophagitis Ulcerative, Diverticulitis Intestinal, Fibromyalgia, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
- A study of drug interactions between Omega 3, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin D for a 18-year old boy with Urticaria Cholinergic. The patient has Hives
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin B12, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Metoprolol Succinate, Xarelto for a 68-year old woman with Semi-vegetarian, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Lutein, CoQ-10, Saccharomyces Boulardii, Vitamin B12, Chelated Magnesium, Vitamin D, Levaquin, Escitalopram, Atorvastatin Calcium, Climara, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 56-year old woman with Vision Problems, Cardiovascular Antioxidant, Lack Of Regular Bowel Movements, Low Energy, Muscle Pain, C4 Level, Infection, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Menopause, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Tendon Pain, Muscle Pain, Joint Stiffness
- A study of drug interactions between Denatured Collagen, Vitamin B12, Folic Acid, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Prempro, Mobic, Cogentin, Lialda, Cymbalta, Abilify for a 63-year old woman with Brittle Nails, Major Depression, Sleep Disorder, Menopause Hot Flashes, Arthritis, Tremor, Ulcerative Colitis, Chronic Depression. The patient has Weight Gain, Fatigue, Tremor, Neck Pain
Recent Vitamin b12 related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.