Review: could Vitamin b12 cause Headaches?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 8, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.5/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 2,360 people who take Vitamin b12. Among them, 48 have Headaches. See who they are, when they have Headaches and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Vitamin b12 (latest outcomes from 2,789 users) has active ingredients of cobalamin. It is often used in vitamin b12 deficiency, vitamin supplementation. Commonly reported side effects of Vitamin b12 include weakness, fatigue, nausea aggravated, nausea, fatigue aggravated.
Headaches (pain in head) (latest reports from 1,169,196 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Mar, 8, 2014: 2,360 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin b12. Among them, 48 people (2.03%) have Headaches. They amount to 0.00% of all the 1,167,456 people who have Headaches.
Time on Vitamin b12 when people have Headaches * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Headaches when taking Vitamin b12 * :
Age of people who have Headaches when taking Vitamin b12 * :
Severity of Headaches when taking Vitamin b12 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headaches ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (7 people, 14.58%)
- Multiple sclerosis (4 people, 8.33%)
- Dementia alzheimer's type (3 people, 6.25%)
- Hyperphosphataemia (3 people, 6.25%)
- Anxiety (3 people, 6.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lipitor (12 people, 25.00%)
- Vitamin d (10 people, 20.83%)
- Aspirin (8 people, 16.67%)
- Celebrex (8 people, 16.67%)
- Metformin hcl (7 people, 14.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Vitamin b12, Headaches
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Vitamin B12 (cobalamin) is often used for vitamin b12 deficiency. Find out below the conditions Vitamin B12 is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Vitamin B12 used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Vitamin b12 side effects from A to Z:
Browse Vitamin b12 drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
Healed joint and soft tissue injuries (PID) return with increased pain and swelling. Pressure changes with position. Frequency and intensity of migraines increased with pressure symptoms. Genetic connective tissue disorder - Ehler Danlos Syndrome. Cardiac arrhythmia. History of rheumatic fever, pneumothorax, whooping cough, and severe allergic reactions.
From this study (3 years ago):
Dealing with allot of stress relative to marriage.
I eat well
Exercise twice weekly
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Vitamin b12, Headaches
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Nexium and feeling cold
I took Nexium (1 40mg capsule) and approximately 45 minutes later, I felt extremely cold. I could not get warm, even though I put on a polartec jacket and sat near a heater.
I also was extremely nauseated at the same time.
About 30 minutes after the incident began, it ended. I no longer was ...
- I got pneumonia while taking topamax, obvious correlation
I do not take all the medicines above all the time but I am using an implanted pump giving me less than 2mg of dilaudid per day, 75 mg effexor daily and usually buspar. Dr prescribed topamax within 4 days I was hospitalized with Pneumonia, stayed a week came home a week had a clear chest x ray and ...
More reviews for: Vitamin b12, Headaches
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Retin-a, Silver, Nystatin, Clobetasol Propionate, Vanos, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Cardizem, Prednisone, Restasis, Lidocaine, Zyrtec, Flonase, Ipratropium Bromide, Xopenex HFA, Xopenex, Fioricet, Relpax, Botox, Lidoderm, Baclofen, Lansoprazole, Advair Diskus 500/50, Symbicort, Singulair, Oxycodone, Enbrel, Aygestin for a patient with Acne, Wound, Thrush, Eczema, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Vitamin D Deficiency, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Rheumatic Heart Disease, Dry Eye, Cervical Spondylosis, Allergies, Rhinitis Allergic, Asthma, Migraine With Aura, Musculoskeletal Pain, Muscle Spasms, Gerd, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Endometriosis. The patient has Urine Flow Decreased, Urine Output, Constipation, Shoulder Impingement Syndrome (Rotator cuff tendinitis), Frozen Shoulder, Early Morning Awakening, Palpitations Aggravated (Heart palpitations), Sleepy (Drowsiness), Sleep Paralysis - Isolated (Isolated sleep paralysis), Confusion, Sensitivity To The Cold (Cold intolerance), Drowsiness, Muscle Fatigue (Weakness), Cramps - Muscle (Muscle cramps), Pain - Muscles (Muscle aches), Muscular Weakness (Weakness), Eye Pain, Vision Blurred, Night Sweats, Pain - Joints (Joint pain), Joint Warmth, Pain - Neck (Neck pain), Blood Pressure Diastolic Increased, Increased Intracranial Pressure, Headache, Heart Rate Increased, Micturition Frequency Decreased, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Blood Pressure Increased (High blood pressure)
- A study of drug interactions between Benicar, CoQ10, Multivitamin, Garlic, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Feraheme, MSM, Magnesium Glycinate, Oil Of Flaxseed, Fish Oil, Adrenal Complex for a patient with Blood Pressure Increased, Multi-vitamin Deficiency, Blood Pressure, Fibromyalgia, Energy Increased, Anemia, Stress. The patient has Tingling In Hands Or Feet (Numbness in hands or feet), Headache, High Blood Pressure, Fatigue, Short-term Memory Loss (Memory loss), Muscle Fatigue (Weakness)
More related studies for: Vitamin b12, Headaches
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.