Review: could Vitamin b12 cause High blood cholesterol and triglycerides (High Blood Cholesterol)?
Summary: High blood cholesterol and triglycerides is found among people who take Vitamin b12, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Lipitor, and have High blood pressure.
We study 2,493 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin b12 from FDA and social media. Among them, 22 have High blood cholesterol and triglycerides. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood cholesterol and triglycerides and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vitamin b12 and have High blood cholesterol and triglycerides >>>
Vitamin b12 has active ingredients of cobalamin. It is often used in vitamin b12 deficiency. (latest outcomes from 2,996 Vitamin b12 users)
High blood cholesterol and triglycerides
High blood cholesterol and triglycerides has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, osteopenia. (latest reports from 172,043 High blood cholesterol and triglycerides patients)
On Apr, 27, 2015: 2,493 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin b12. Among them, 22 people (0.88%) have High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides.
Time on Vitamin b12 when people have High blood cholesterol and triglycerides * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood cholesterol and triglycerides||0.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||40.00%||20.00% |
Gender of people who have High blood cholesterol and triglycerides when taking Vitamin b12 * :
|High blood cholesterol and triglycerides||47.83%||52.17% |
Age of people who have High blood cholesterol and triglycerides when taking Vitamin b12 * :
|High blood cholesterol and triglycerides||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.26%||26.32%||36.84%||31.58% |
Severity of High blood cholesterol and triglycerides when taking Vitamin b12 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood cholesterol and triglycerides||0.00%||80.00%||20.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood cholesterol and triglycerides ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood cholesterol and triglycerides||0.00%||40.00%||60.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- High blood pressure (4 people, 18.18%)
- High blood cholesterol (4 people, 18.18%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (3 people, 13.64%)
- Depression (3 people, 13.64%)
- Neuropathy (3 people, 13.64%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lipitor (7 people, 31.82%)
- Synthroid (6 people, 27.27%)
- Folic acid (6 people, 27.27%)
- Plavix (4 people, 18.18%)
- Lortab (4 people, 18.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Vitamin b12 and high blood cholesterol and triglycerides on
Do you have High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides while taking Vitamin B12?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Vitamin b12 and have High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides
- support group for people who take Vitamin b12
- support group for people who have High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Naproxen, Multivitamin, Calcium D - Glucarate, Zyrtec Allergy, Qvar 40, Vitamin B12, Albuterol, Hydrochlorothiazide, Omeprazole for a 64-year old woman with Arthritis, Enzyme Supplementation, Allergic Sinusitis, Exercise-induced Asthma, Deficiency Anaemia, High Blood Pressure, Gerd. The patient has Burning Feet Syndrome, Lightheadedness, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin B12, Simvastatin, Norvasc, Atenolol for a 58-year old woman with Nerve Pain, Hypertension, High Cholesterol, Hypertension, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Gastric Ph, Breast Pain, Gnawing, Bloating, Heartburn
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Vascepa, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Acetazolamide for a 62-year old woman with Headache, High Blood Cholesterol, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Anxiety, Pseudotumor Cerebri. The patient has Hdl/cholesterol Ratio Decreased, Blood Triglycerides Increased, Hypercholesterolemia
- A study of side effects of Bystolic for a 61-year old woman with Hypertension. The patient has Hypercholesterolemia
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Vitamin B12, Zyrtec Allergy, Flonase for a 63-year old woman with Insomnia, Fatigue - Chronic, Allergy, Allergic Sinusitis. The patient has Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Headache, Blurred Vision
Recent Vitamin b12 related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.