Review: could Vitamin b12 cause High blood cholesterol and triglycerides (High Blood Cholesterol)?
Summary: High blood cholesterol and triglycerides is found among people who take Vitamin b12, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Lipitor, and have High blood pressure.
We study 2,441 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin b12 from FDA and social media. Among them, 22 have High blood cholesterol and triglycerides. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood cholesterol and triglycerides and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vitamin b12 and have High blood cholesterol and triglycerides >>>
Vitamin b12 has active ingredients of cobalamin. It is often used in vitamin b12 deficiency. (latest outcomes from Vitamin b12 2,941 users)
High blood cholesterol and triglycerides
High blood cholesterol and triglycerides has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, osteopenia.(latest reports from High blood cholesterol and triglycerides 158,201 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 2,430 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin b12. Among them, 22 people (0.91%) have High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides.
Time on Vitamin b12 when people have High blood cholesterol and triglycerides * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood cholesterol and triglycerides||0.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||40.00%||20.00% |
Gender of people who have High blood cholesterol and triglycerides when taking Vitamin b12 * :
|High blood cholesterol and triglycerides||47.83%||52.17% |
Age of people who have High blood cholesterol and triglycerides when taking Vitamin b12 * :
|High blood cholesterol and triglycerides||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.26%||26.32%||36.84%||31.58% |
Severity of High blood cholesterol and triglycerides when taking Vitamin b12 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood cholesterol and triglycerides||0.00%||80.00%||20.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood cholesterol and triglycerides ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood cholesterol and triglycerides||0.00%||40.00%||60.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- High blood pressure (4 people, 18.18%)
- High blood cholesterol (4 people, 18.18%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (3 people, 13.64%)
- Depression (3 people, 13.64%)
- Neuropathy (3 people, 13.64%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lipitor (7 people, 31.82%)
- Synthroid (6 people, 27.27%)
- Folic acid (6 people, 27.27%)
- Plavix (4 people, 18.18%)
- Lortab (4 people, 18.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides while taking Vitamin B12?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vitamin b12 and have High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides
- support group for people who take Vitamin b12
- support group for people who have High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is invokana same family as anakinra/if so, what are their functions?
(Asked by a 73 year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, and takes Invokana)
I have tinnitus (left ear-14 yrs). Don't want to take (drug) that might be ototoxic. thanks
- Can i get constipation from plavix several months down the road?
(Asked by a 55 year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol)
Doctor put me on Plavix to reduce Cholesterol. What I think happened was several months later after starting, I got bad constipation from the drug. Doctor can't understand - it sounds like he thinks the side effects should have happened when I started the med and to have this kind of side effect la ...
- Is it safe to take effexor and ibuprophen?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Sinusitis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, and takes Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Doxycycline, Alprazolam, Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, Tradjenta, Crestor)
Have sinus infection which I'm taking doxycycline and ibuprophen for headache. I also take Venlafaxine for GAD. Is it okay to take Advil or acetaminophen while taking venlafaxine, not at the same time??
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Does anyone else have trouble getting to sleep since beginning to take brilinta?
(Asked by a 76 year old woman who has Initial Insomnia, and takes Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, CoQ10, Aspirin, Brilinta, Omeprazole, Pravastatin Sodium, Tekturna)
Am trying to figure out just why, since stent insertion, I have developed insomnia which keeps me from getting to sleep at night. Brilinta is the only new drug I am taking.I am very sleepy, falling asleep in my chair while watching TV, but wide awake when I go to bed and staying awake until two or t ...
More questions for: Vitamin b12, High blood cholesterol and triglycerides
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lump in throat, swallowing problems, reflux
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, and takes Simvastatin)
After 3 months, my total cholesterol went way down, but developed terrible throat problems. Like an ever-present lump that made it difficult to swallow. At night, discomfort with acid going up and down my throat all night, making it hard to sleep and breathe. Stopped taking Simvastatin on my own ...
- Allergic reaction to lipitor
(Posted by a 52 year old man who has Cardiovascular Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol, and takes Atorvastatin Calcium)
Took 10mg of Atorvastatin for 3 days to reduce choldesterol LDL below 100. I felt peculiar from the first day, however by the 3rd dosage day I came home from work in a state of extreme pain in my hands and limbs. This rather quickly became systemic and I was unable to get out of bed. I was beyond ...
- Diarrhea for 4 years on ezetimibe
(Posted by a 64 year old man who has Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, and takes Ezetimibe)
Had diarrhea for four years which stopped within 8 weeks of stopping the medication.
- Personal review of pravastatin with respect to erectile dysfunction
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, and takes Pravastatin Sodium)
I took pravastatin and experienced ED. After gettiny off pravastatin and taking magnesiam, zinc and cialis, I was able to restore some functionality of an erection. Additional, I dieted and drank green tea. At this point, I have lost ten pounds and project to lose 20-30 more.
- Nexium and feeling cold (1 response)
(Posted by a 57 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, High Blood Pressure, Overactive Bladder, and takes Nexium, Levothyroxine Sodium, Vesicare, Vitamin B12, Tramadol)
I took Nexium (1 40mg capsule) and approximately 45 minutes later, I felt extremely cold. I could not get warm, even though I put on a polartec jacket and sat near a heater.
I also was extremely nauseated at the same time.
About 30 minutes after the incident began, it ended. I no longer was ...
More reviews for: Vitamin b12, High blood cholesterol and triglycerides
- A study of side effects of Aspirin for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Blood Cholesterol, Elevated Mood, Elevated Liver Enzymes (high liver enzymes)
Comments: After taking Lipitor, then taking Crestor combined with Niaspan, I began to feel muscle and joint pain. Doctor decided to check my CK levels and found them to be highly elevated and told me to stop taking everything and to drink lots of water.Muscle biopsy was inconclusive but showed some symptoms o ...
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, B Complex Vitamin for a patient with Muscle Atrophy. The patient has Paresis, Nerve Conduction Studies Abnormal, Fasciculations Of Muscle, Muscle Atrophy
Comments: My right hand started showing problems in late 2005, I was losing mobility (at the age of 30 back then), especially in my thumb, with pronounced fasciculations, without any injury.
I was referred to a neurological clinic. There I did all the neurological exams. MRI both with and without contrast ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Biotin, Vitamin E, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Clonidine for a patient with ACE Levels, Health, Hair Loss, Menopausal Symptoms, Memory Impairment, Menopause Hot Flashes. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: Have had continued hair loss for the last 5 years. It started slowly in the front of scalp but am now losing hair all over my head. Am wondering if it is the Clonidine causing this problem. Am taking Clonidine for Menopausal Hot Flashes.
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3, Biotin, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Restasis, Vyvanse, Escitalopram, Plaquenil, Alprazolam, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Malnutrition, Sjogren's Syndrome, Add, Depression, Lupus, Anxiety, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Eating Disorder, Anxiety And Stress, Ocd, Weight Below Normal
Comments: In 2011- Gastric Bypass (wt 245#), In Feb. 2014, I weighed 145#. I am 5'8", Dr. wants me at 155#.
Increased stress from a new roommate in April caused severe anxiety resulting to weight dropping in July to 120# and subsequent diag of severe malnutrition. Anxiety is Diag and Alprazolam prescribed. ...
- A study of drug interactions between Xifaxan, Lidocaine, Vitamin D, Nasonex, Vitamin B12, Zenpep, Zomig, Nuvaring, Lorazepam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Fentanyl-25, Phenergan for a patient with Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Abdominal Pain, Vitamin D Decreased, Allergic Sinusitis, Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Pancreas Transplant Rejection, Migraine, Birth Control, Anxiety Disorder, Neck Injury, Hypertension, Pain - Abdomen, Postoperative Adhesion, Nausea Postoperative. The patient has Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Abdominal Bloating, Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Insomnia, Fatigue - Chronic, Migraine, Joint Stiffness, Diarrhoea Post-operative, Reflux Gastritis, Neck Pain, Abdominal Pain, Chest Tightness, Sore Throat, Cough, Nausea Post-operative, Malaise, Chills, Night Sweats, Fever
Comments: History of comets Pancreas divisum, chronic & recurrent acute pancreatitis, gastric bile reflux
20+ ERCP/panc stents/sphincterotomies
Total Pancretectomy with auto islet cell transplant/splenectomy
Sub colectomy (80% of colon removed)
More related studies for: Vitamin b12, High blood cholesterol and triglycerides
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.