Review: could Vitamin b12 cause High blood pressure?
Summary: High blood pressure is found among people who take Vitamin b12, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 2,493 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin b12 from FDA and social media. Among them, 63 have High blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vitamin b12 and have High blood pressure >>>
Vitamin b12 has active ingredients of cobalamin. It is often used in vitamin b12 deficiency. (latest outcomes from 2,991 Vitamin b12 users)
High blood pressure
High blood pressure has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 329,841 High blood pressure patients)
On Apr, 12, 2015: 2,493 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin b12. Among them, 63 people (2.53%) have High Blood Pressure.
Time on Vitamin b12 when people have High blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood pressure||5.88%||23.53%||5.88%||17.65%||11.76%||17.65%||17.65% |
Gender of people who have High blood pressure when taking Vitamin b12 * :
|High blood pressure||76.19%||23.81% |
Age of people who have High blood pressure when taking Vitamin b12 * :
|High blood pressure||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.55%||1.89%||15.09%||32.08%||43.40% |
Severity of High blood pressure when taking Vitamin b12 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood pressure||11.11%||61.11%||22.22%||5.56% |
How people recovered from High blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood pressure||0.00%||35.29%||64.71% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (11 people, 17.46%)
- High blood pressure (9 people, 14.29%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (8 people, 12.70%)
- Depression (6 people, 9.52%)
- Ill-defined disorder (6 people, 9.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (20 people, 31.75%)
- Vitamin d (12 people, 19.05%)
- Lipitor (9 people, 14.29%)
- Multi-vitamin (9 people, 14.29%)
- Neurontin (8 people, 12.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of vitamin b12 and high blood pressure on
Do you have High Blood Pressure while taking Vitamin B12?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Vitamin b12 and have High Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Vitamin b12
- support group for people who have High Blood Pressure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Multivitamin, Horse Chestnut, Omega 3, Saw Palmetto, Metformin, Aspirin, Atenolol, Glimepiride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Fosinopril Sodium for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Deficiency, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Ischaemic Heart Disease. The patient has Peripheral Artery Disease, Coronary Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar
- A study of drug interactions between Omega 3, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin D for a 18-year old boy with Urticaria Cholinergic. The patient has Hives
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin B12, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Metoprolol Succinate, Xarelto for a 68-year old woman with Semi-vegetarian, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Turmeric, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man with Chf, High Blood Pressure, Hbp. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Weight Fluctuation
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium for a 36-year old woman with Postpartum State. The patient has High Blood Pressure
Recent Vitamin b12 related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.