Home > Vitamin b12 > Loss of taste > Vitamin b12 and Loss of taste
Review: could Vitamin b12 cause Loss of taste (Taste - impaired)?
Summary: Loss of taste is found among people who take Vitamin b12, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Paxil, and have Multiple sclerosis.
We study 2,430 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin b12 from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Loss of taste. Find out below who they are, when they have Loss of taste and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vitamin b12 and have Loss of taste >>>
Vitamin b12 (latest outcomes from 2,935 users) has active ingredients of cobalamin. It is often used in vitamin b12 deficiency.
Loss of taste
Loss of taste (latest reports from 24,191 patients) has been reported by people with insomnia, quit smoking, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression.
On Nov, 17, 2014: 2,430 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin b12. Among them, 7 people (0.29%) have Loss Of Taste.
Time on Vitamin b12 when people have Loss of taste * :
Gender of people who have Loss of taste when taking Vitamin b12 * :
|Loss of taste||92.86%||7.14% |
Age of people who have Loss of taste when taking Vitamin b12 * :
|Loss of taste||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||92.31%||7.69% |
Severity of Loss of taste when taking Vitamin b12 ** :
How people recovered from Loss of taste ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (7 people, 100.00%)
- Nail tinea (1 people, 14.29%)
- Lung neoplasm malignant (1 people, 14.29%)
- Non-small cell lung cancer recurrent (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Paxil (7 people, 100.00%)
- Rebif (7 people, 100.00%)
- Ambien (7 people, 100.00%)
- Xanax (7 people, 100.00%)
- Prednisone (7 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Loss Of Taste while taking Vitamin B12?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vitamin b12 and have Loss Of Taste
- support group for people who take Vitamin b12
- support group for people who have Loss Of Taste
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I had an abortion 3 weeks ago and i'm now having the metallic taste in my mouth like i had before the abortion.
(Asked by a 40 year old woman who has Metallic Taste)
I had an abortion 3 weeks ago and thought all was okay but i've been experiencing the metallic taste in my mouth for 3 days now.
- Does loss of taste from morphine come back ?
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Loss Of Taste, and takes Morphine Sulfate)
I was given morphine 3 months ago and have loss my ability to taste ever since.
- Does anyone else have trouble getting to sleep since beginning to take brilinta?
(Asked by a 76 year old woman who has Initial Insomnia, and takes Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, CoQ10, Aspirin, Brilinta, Omeprazole, Pravastatin Sodium, Tekturna)
Am trying to figure out just why, since stent insertion, I have developed insomnia which keeps me from getting to sleep at night. Brilinta is the only new drug I am taking.I am very sleepy, falling asleep in my chair while watching TV, but wide awake when I go to bed and staying awake until two or t ...
- What do i have, it's bothering me
(Asked by a 98 year old woman who has Burning Bones--bones Feel On Fire, and takes Turmeric Root, Vitamin B12, Fish Oil, Lipoic Acid, Chamomile, Milkweed, Valerian, Kava)
finger bones on fire at tips and also toes burning like fire; back of neck and tip of nose very cold and eyes puffy; urine is red sometimes but then sometimes dark brown with yellow foam and white spots in it; tongue coated all white and smells bad; can't sit still because the tailbone is on fire; a ...
- Can testosterone cause hyperkinectic heart symtom
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has Hyperkinetic Heart Syndrome, and takes Metformin, Vitamin D, Cranberry, Vitamin B12, Gabapentin, Aspirin, Simvastatin, Lisinopril, Effexor, Verapamil Hydrochloride)
I used testosone injections for more that 20 years.
More questions for: Vitamin b12, Loss of taste
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Celebrex and taste loss
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Loss Of Taste, and takes Celebrex)
Following foot surgery, I have taken Celebrex for most of the last 4 months. I can no longer taste or smell. I just started a Z pack for a sinus problem and am hoping that will clear any infection that could be contributing to this loss. I have also stopped taking Celebrex in the meantime.
- Loss of taste & recovery
(Posted by a 73 year old man who has Loss Of Taste, and takes Simvastatin)
Condition appeared upon use of Simvastatin. Mostly corrected by liberal use of MSG.
- Nexium and feeling cold
(Posted by a 57 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, High Blood Pressure, Overactive Bladder, and takes Nexium, Levothyroxine Sodium, Vesicare, Vitamin B12, Tramadol)
I took Nexium (1 40mg capsule) and approximately 45 minutes later, I felt extremely cold. I could not get warm, even though I put on a polartec jacket and sat near a heater.
I also was extremely nauseated at the same time.
About 30 minutes after the incident began, it ended. I no longer was ...
- I got pneumonia while taking topamax, obvious correlation
(Posted by a 44 year old woman who has Plantar Fasciitis, Trigger Finger, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Anemia, Malabsorption, Gastric Bypass, Osteopenia, Chronic Pancreatitis, Depression, and takes Klonopin, Ambien Cr, Prilosec Otc, Zenpep, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin D, Vitamin A, Job's-tears, Vitamin B12, Zofran, Zantac, Zyrtec, Doxycycline Hyclate, Reclast, Venofer, Neurontin, Buspar, Effexor, Dilaudid)
I do not take all the medicines above all the time but I am using an implanted pump giving me less than 2mg of dilaudid per day, 75 mg effexor daily and usually buspar. Dr prescribed topamax within 4 days I was hospitalized with Pneumonia, stayed a week came home a week had a clear chest x ray and ...
More reviews for: Vitamin b12, Loss of taste
- A study of side effects of Voltaren for a patient with Tenosynovitis. The patient has Headache (pain in head), Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Lethargy (tiredness), Metallic Taste (a bad taste in the mouth), Lightheadedness - Dizzy (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness)
Comments: Was prescribed Voltaren gel for tenosynovitis of my thumb. Helped the pain somewhat, but I woke up feeling terrible. I am sensitive to stronger oral pain medications, which is why this was prescribed in the first place, but the side effects are worse than when I have taken codeine. Felt somewhat be ...
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, B Complex Vitamin for a patient with Muscle Atrophy. The patient has Paresis, Nerve Conduction Studies Abnormal, Fasciculations Of Muscle, Muscle Atrophy
Comments: My right hand started showing problems in late 2005, I was losing mobility (at the age of 30 back then), especially in my thumb, with pronounced fasciculations, without any injury.
I was referred to a neurological clinic. There I did all the neurological exams. MRI both with and without contrast ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Biotin, Vitamin E, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Clonidine for a patient with ACE Levels, Health, Hair Loss, Menopausal Symptoms, Memory Impairment, Menopause Hot Flashes. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: Have had continued hair loss for the last 5 years. It started slowly in the front of scalp but am now losing hair all over my head. Am wondering if it is the Clonidine causing this problem. Am taking Clonidine for Menopausal Hot Flashes.
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3, Biotin, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Restasis, Vyvanse, Escitalopram, Plaquenil, Alprazolam, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Malnutrition, Sjogren's Syndrome, Add, Depression, Lupus, Anxiety, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Eating Disorder, Anxiety And Stress, Ocd, Weight Below Normal
Comments: In 2011- Gastric Bypass (wt 245#), In Feb. 2014, I weighed 145#. I am 5'8", Dr. wants me at 155#.
Increased stress from a new roommate in April caused severe anxiety resulting to weight dropping in July to 120# and subsequent diag of severe malnutrition. Anxiety is Diag and Alprazolam prescribed. ...
- A study of drug interactions between Xifaxan, Lidocaine, Vitamin D, Nasonex, Vitamin B12, Zenpep, Zomig, Nuvaring, Lorazepam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Fentanyl-25, Phenergan for a patient with Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Abdominal Pain, Vitamin D Decreased, Allergic Sinusitis, Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Pancreas Transplant Rejection, Migraine, Birth Control, Anxiety Disorder, Neck Injury, Hypertension, Pain - Abdomen, Postoperative Adhesion, Nausea Postoperative. The patient has Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Abdominal Bloating, Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Insomnia, Fatigue - Chronic, Migraine, Joint Stiffness, Diarrhoea Post-operative, Reflux Gastritis, Neck Pain, Abdominal Pain, Chest Tightness, Sore Throat, Cough, Nausea Post-operative, Malaise, Chills, Night Sweats, Fever
Comments: History of comets Pancreas divisum, chronic & recurrent acute pancreatitis, gastric bile reflux
20+ ERCP/panc stents/sphincterotomies
Total Pancretectomy with auto islet cell transplant/splenectomy
Sub colectomy (80% of colon removed)
More related studies for: Vitamin b12, Loss of taste
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.