Review: could Vitamin b12 cause Nose bleeds (Nosebleed)?
Summary: Nose bleeds is found among people who take Vitamin b12, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Coumadin, and have Blastomycosis.
We study 2,441 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin b12 from FDA and social media. Among them, 14 have Nose bleeds. Find out below who they are, when they have Nose bleeds and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vitamin b12 and have Nose bleeds >>>
Vitamin b12 has active ingredients of cobalamin. It is often used in vitamin b12 deficiency. (latest outcomes from Vitamin b12 2,941 users)
Nose bleeds (bleeding from nose) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, acne, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Nose bleeds 23,938 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 2,430 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin b12. Among them, 14 people (0.58%) have Nose Bleeds.
Time on Vitamin b12 when people have Nose bleeds * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Nose bleeds||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Nose bleeds when taking Vitamin b12 * :
|Nose bleeds||60.00%||40.00% |
Age of people who have Nose bleeds when taking Vitamin b12 * :
|Nose bleeds||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||13.33%||6.67%||13.33%||66.67% |
Severity of Nose bleeds when taking Vitamin b12 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Nose bleeds||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Nose bleeds ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blastomycosis (2 people, 14.29%)
- Myelodysplastic syndrome (1 people, 7.14%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (1 people, 7.14%)
- Trigeminal neuralgia (1 people, 7.14%)
- Rls (1 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Coumadin (5 people, 35.71%)
- Vitamin e (4 people, 28.57%)
- Folic acid (3 people, 21.43%)
- Atenolol (3 people, 21.43%)
- Acetylsalicylic acid srt (3 people, 21.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Nose Bleeds while taking Vitamin B12?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vitamin b12 and have Nose Bleeds
- support group for people who take Vitamin b12
- support group for people who have Nose Bleeds
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does anyone else have trouble getting to sleep since beginning to take brilinta?
(Asked by a 76 year old woman who has Initial Insomnia, and takes Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, CoQ10, Aspirin, Brilinta, Omeprazole, Pravastatin Sodium, Tekturna)
Am trying to figure out just why, since stent insertion, I have developed insomnia which keeps me from getting to sleep at night. Brilinta is the only new drug I am taking.I am very sleepy, falling asleep in my chair while watching TV, but wide awake when I go to bed and staying awake until two or t ...
- What do i have, it's bothering me (1 answer)
(Asked by a 98 year old woman who has Burning Bones--bones Feel On Fire, and takes Turmeric Root, Vitamin B12, Fish Oil, Lipoic Acid, Chamomile, Milkweed, Valerian, Kava)
finger bones on fire at tips and also toes burning like fire; back of neck and tip of nose very cold and eyes puffy; urine is red sometimes but then sometimes dark brown with yellow foam and white spots in it; tongue coated all white and smells bad; can't sit still because the tailbone is on fire; a ...
- Can testosterone cause hyperkinectic heart symtom
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has Hyperkinetic Heart Syndrome, and takes Metformin, Vitamin D, Cranberry, Vitamin B12, Gabapentin, Aspirin, Simvastatin, Lisinopril, Effexor, Verapamil Hydrochloride)
I used testosone injections for more that 20 years.
- I have been talking vitamin b12 for the past week. instead of gaining energy it has been making me feel very sleepy and weak. why is this happening. (1 answer)
(Asked by a 26 year old woman who has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, and takes Vitamin B12)
I am working 2 job right now and I was seeking a natural supplement to help me through the days. A friend suggested vitamin b12. I have tried energy drinks and coffee and those things tend to cause my heart to rase. I thought that it would be best to try a viamin. The first day I noticed that I bec ...
- Ive been taking zanaflex 4 mg for a year and my dr added wellbutrin. i take them both at night then take another 4 mg of zanaflex in the morning and i experience extreme drowsiness and a high feeling?
(Asked by a 41 year old woman who has Muscle Spasticity, Stroke Symptom, Anger, and takes Baclofen, Diovan Hct, Lovaza, Zanaflex, ASA, Vitamin B12, Pristiq, Wellbutrin Xl)
I HAD A STROKE 3 YEARS AGO AT THE AGE OF 37 THAT WAS DUE TO MALFORMED MIDDLE CEREBRAL ARTERY. I WAS PUT ON CELEXA WHICH WASNT CONTROLLING MY ANGER SO WAS PUT ON PRISTIQ. AFTER ALMOST A YEAR IT WASNT WORKING AS WELL SO DR ADDED WELLBUTRIN. ALL OTHER MEDS REMAINED SAME BUT HAVE HAD AN ISSUE AFTER TAKI ...
More questions for: Vitamin b12, Nose bleeds
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Miconazole 3 - nose bleed
(Posted by a 23 year old woman who has Nosebleed, and takes Miconazole 3)
It was a three day dosage by life brand. Every morning after taking it I would wake up with a bloody nose. Nothing severe but there was blood. When I didn't take it again, there was no bloody nose when I woke up.
- Nexium and feeling cold (1 response)
(Posted by a 57 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, High Blood Pressure, Overactive Bladder, and takes Nexium, Levothyroxine Sodium, Vesicare, Vitamin B12, Tramadol)
I took Nexium (1 40mg capsule) and approximately 45 minutes later, I felt extremely cold. I could not get warm, even though I put on a polartec jacket and sat near a heater.
I also was extremely nauseated at the same time.
About 30 minutes after the incident began, it ended. I no longer was ...
- I got pneumonia while taking topamax, obvious correlation
(Posted by a 44 year old woman who has Plantar Fasciitis, Trigger Finger, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Anemia, Malabsorption, Gastric Bypass, Osteopenia, Chronic Pancreatitis, Depression, and takes Klonopin, Ambien Cr, Prilosec Otc, Zenpep, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin D, Vitamin A, Job's-tears, Vitamin B12, Zofran, Zantac, Zyrtec, Doxycycline Hyclate, Reclast, Venofer, Neurontin, Buspar, Effexor, Dilaudid)
I do not take all the medicines above all the time but I am using an implanted pump giving me less than 2mg of dilaudid per day, 75 mg effexor daily and usually buspar. Dr prescribed topamax within 4 days I was hospitalized with Pneumonia, stayed a week came home a week had a clear chest x ray and ...
More reviews for: Vitamin b12, Nose bleeds
- A study of side effects of Loratadine for a patient with Allergies. The patient has Loss Of Coordination, Disorientation (disability in which the senses of time, direction, and recognition of people and places), Headache - Migraine Without Aura (common migraine), Nose Bleeds (bleeding from nose), Excess Need For Sleep, Forgetfulness
Comments: Loratadine was prescribed for "sinus headaches" by pediatric doctor, medicine has had no significant impact on allergies or the headaches it was originally prescribed for. Listed symptoms first noticed after approx. 1 to 1.5 years of continuous use.
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, B Complex Vitamin for a patient with Muscle Atrophy. The patient has Paresis, Nerve Conduction Studies Abnormal, Fasciculations Of Muscle, Muscle Atrophy
Comments: My right hand started showing problems in late 2005, I was losing mobility (at the age of 30 back then), especially in my thumb, with pronounced fasciculations, without any injury.
I was referred to a neurological clinic. There I did all the neurological exams. MRI both with and without contrast ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Biotin, Vitamin E, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Clonidine for a patient with ACE Levels, Health, Hair Loss, Menopausal Symptoms, Memory Impairment, Menopause Hot Flashes. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: Have had continued hair loss for the last 5 years. It started slowly in the front of scalp but am now losing hair all over my head. Am wondering if it is the Clonidine causing this problem. Am taking Clonidine for Menopausal Hot Flashes.
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Rosuvastatin Calcium for a patient with Asthma, Hypercholesterolaemia. The patient has Epistaxis
Comments: Recurrent episodes, usually commencing evening or overnight approx. 3-4 weeks apart since winter started. Approx 6 episodes in total to date. Initially attributed to heating (dry air) evenings during winter, but now spring and no heating on for weeks. Last night bleeding occurred while asleep. No hy ...
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3, Biotin, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Restasis, Vyvanse, Escitalopram, Plaquenil, Alprazolam, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Malnutrition, Sjogren's Syndrome, Add, Depression, Lupus, Anxiety, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Eating Disorder, Anxiety And Stress, Ocd, Weight Below Normal
Comments: In 2011- Gastric Bypass (wt 245#), In Feb. 2014, I weighed 145#. I am 5'8", Dr. wants me at 155#.
Increased stress from a new roommate in April caused severe anxiety resulting to weight dropping in July to 120# and subsequent diag of severe malnutrition. Anxiety is Diag and Alprazolam prescribed. ...
More related studies for: Vitamin b12, Nose bleeds
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.