Review: could Vitamin b12 cause Osteoarthritis?
Summary: Osteoarthritis is found among people who take Vitamin b12, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Plavix, and have Neuropathy.
We study 2,441 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin b12 from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Osteoarthritis. Find out below who they are, when they have Osteoarthritis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vitamin b12 and have Osteoarthritis >>>
Vitamin b12 has active ingredients of cobalamin. It is often used in vitamin b12 deficiency. (latest outcomes from Vitamin b12 2,941 users)
Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain.(latest reports from Osteoarthritis 34,076 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 2,430 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin b12. Among them, 8 people (0.33%) have Osteoarthritis.
Time on Vitamin b12 when people have Osteoarthritis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Osteoarthritis when taking Vitamin b12 * :
Age of people who have Osteoarthritis when taking Vitamin b12 * :
Severity of Osteoarthritis when taking Vitamin b12 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Osteoarthritis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Neuropathy (2 people, 25.00%)
- High blood pressure (2 people, 25.00%)
- Adhd (1 people, 12.50%)
- Reflux gastritis (1 people, 12.50%)
- Bipolar ii disorder (1 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Plavix (4 people, 50.00%)
- Glipizide (3 people, 37.50%)
- Lotrel (2 people, 25.00%)
- Fenofibrate (2 people, 25.00%)
- Allegra (2 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Osteoarthritis while taking Vitamin B12?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vitamin b12 and have Osteoarthritis
- support group for people who take Vitamin b12
- support group for people who have Osteoarthritis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is there a support group in the us for people with insulinomas? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Insulinoma, Pancreatic Abdominal Resection, Neuropathy - Facial, Neuropathy - Brachial Plexus, Neuropathy Peripheral, Muscle Cramps, Cataract Surgery, Strabismus, Aorto-duodenal Fistula, Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumour, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Lupus, Posterior Spinal Fusion, Bone Degeneration, Osteoarthritis, Bradycardia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Islets Of Langerhans)
SUPPORT GROUP IN UNITED STATES!!!
Hi, the only support group that I've been able to find for people with insulinomas is located in the UK... just wondering if there is one in the US. I had pancreatic surgery to remove my first insulinoma in 2012, we're thinking there's another because I'm stil ...
- Does anyone else have trouble getting to sleep since beginning to take brilinta?
(Asked by a 76 year old woman who has Initial Insomnia, and takes Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, CoQ10, Aspirin, Brilinta, Omeprazole, Pravastatin Sodium, Tekturna)
Am trying to figure out just why, since stent insertion, I have developed insomnia which keeps me from getting to sleep at night. Brilinta is the only new drug I am taking.I am very sleepy, falling asleep in my chair while watching TV, but wide awake when I go to bed and staying awake until two or t ...
- What do i have, it's bothering me (1 answer)
(Asked by a 98 year old woman who has Burning Bones--bones Feel On Fire, and takes Turmeric Root, Vitamin B12, Fish Oil, Lipoic Acid, Chamomile, Milkweed, Valerian, Kava)
finger bones on fire at tips and also toes burning like fire; back of neck and tip of nose very cold and eyes puffy; urine is red sometimes but then sometimes dark brown with yellow foam and white spots in it; tongue coated all white and smells bad; can't sit still because the tailbone is on fire; a ...
- Can testosterone cause hyperkinectic heart symtom
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has Hyperkinetic Heart Syndrome, and takes Metformin, Vitamin D, Cranberry, Vitamin B12, Gabapentin, Aspirin, Simvastatin, Lisinopril, Effexor, Verapamil Hydrochloride)
I used testosone injections for more that 20 years.
- What is the current treatment for larangospasm?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, Hypercholesterolemia, GERD, Larangospasm With Asthmatic Component, and takes Klonopin, Xanax, Celebrex, Zyrtec, Lipitor, Fluticasone Propionate, Budesonide , Xopenex, Prevacid, Lexapro)
For two years I have been fighting with larangospasm. I have been hospitalized twice and treated with prednisone as well as nebulizers with albuterol. I had botox injections into my vocal cords last July 2013 and have a straw hanging around my neck for straw breathing. The last "attack" lasted one ...
More questions for: Vitamin b12, Osteoarthritis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Sepsis hallucinations misdiagnosed
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has I, Osteoarthritis, Chronic Pain, Scar-tissue Adhesions, Bowel Blockage, Sepsis, Sepsis Hallucinations, and takes Clonazepam, Dilaudid)
I was admitted to the hospital at 10 p.m., with a total bowel blockage caused by scar-tissue adhesions. I had first gone to the ER at 3 a.m. that morning, but the ER doc misdiagnosed my condition as constipation. I was in extreme pain and also too weak to tell my husband when he first came home t ...
- Non effective for pain effective for positive nausea (1 response)
(Posted by a 56 year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, and takes Meloxicam)
Have been taking this product for a little over a month and the nausea is getting worse but the pain is not. This seems to be causing more problems. This side effect occurs with or without food, and with or without a full glass of water.
- Marijuana effect on oa pain
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has Severe Ostioarthritis Pain, OA, and takes Marijuana)
I have severe OA ( hips, knees replaced) cervical and lumbar spine require fusing both shoulders need replacing.This is Ortho doc talking not me. I get no relief from non-steroidal anti inflammatory or only short relief from steroid injections. oxicodine does work when pain is intollerable but Fear ...
- Plaquinil use shortness of breath
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, and takes Plaquenil)
Approximately 4 months after starting Plaquenil, I observed I was experiencing SOB while lifting the patient I was caring for, also had severe muscle weakness. I had been out of the country for several weeks and thought I might have picked up something while in The Dominican. I was also losing wei ...
More reviews for: Vitamin b12, Osteoarthritis
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Calcium, Loperamide Hydrochloride, Co-codamol, Aspirin, Tramadol, Prednisolone for a patient with Muscle Injury, Osteopenia, Diarrhea, Urologic Disorders, Pain, Arthritis, Inflammatory Pain. The patient has Urinary Retention, Degenerative Joint Disease, Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Joint Instability, Dry Eyes
Comments: Was on sulfasalazine but made me unwell...changed to methotrexate but stopped because of blood results. Have raised blood sugar from steroids.
Frequent urinary tract infections and self catheterisation. Retinal haemorrhage ( blots and dots) just discovered by optician with severe dry eyes
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, B Complex Vitamin for a patient with Muscle Atrophy. The patient has Paresis, Nerve Conduction Studies Abnormal, Fasciculations Of Muscle, Muscle Atrophy
Comments: My right hand started showing problems in late 2005, I was losing mobility (at the age of 30 back then), especially in my thumb, with pronounced fasciculations, without any injury.
I was referred to a neurological clinic. There I did all the neurological exams. MRI both with and without contrast ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Biotin, Vitamin E, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Clonidine for a patient with ACE Levels, Health, Hair Loss, Menopausal Symptoms, Memory Impairment, Menopause Hot Flashes. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: Have had continued hair loss for the last 5 years. It started slowly in the front of scalp but am now losing hair all over my head. Am wondering if it is the Clonidine causing this problem. Am taking Clonidine for Menopausal Hot Flashes.
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3, Biotin, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Restasis, Vyvanse, Escitalopram, Plaquenil, Alprazolam, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Malnutrition, Sjogren's Syndrome, Add, Depression, Lupus, Anxiety, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Eating Disorder, Anxiety And Stress, Ocd, Weight Below Normal
Comments: In 2011- Gastric Bypass (wt 245#), In Feb. 2014, I weighed 145#. I am 5'8", Dr. wants me at 155#.
Increased stress from a new roommate in April caused severe anxiety resulting to weight dropping in July to 120# and subsequent diag of severe malnutrition. Anxiety is Diag and Alprazolam prescribed. ...
- A study of drug interactions between Xifaxan, Lidocaine, Vitamin D, Nasonex, Vitamin B12, Zenpep, Zomig, Nuvaring, Lorazepam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Fentanyl-25, Phenergan for a patient with Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Abdominal Pain, Vitamin D Decreased, Allergic Sinusitis, Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Pancreas Transplant Rejection, Migraine, Birth Control, Anxiety Disorder, Neck Injury, Hypertension, Pain - Abdomen, Postoperative Adhesion, Nausea Postoperative. The patient has Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Abdominal Bloating, Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Insomnia, Fatigue - Chronic, Migraine, Joint Stiffness, Diarrhoea Post-operative, Reflux Gastritis, Neck Pain, Abdominal Pain, Chest Tightness, Sore Throat, Cough, Nausea Post-operative, Malaise, Chills, Night Sweats, Fever
Comments: History of comets Pancreas divisum, chronic & recurrent acute pancreatitis, gastric bile reflux
20+ ERCP/panc stents/sphincterotomies
Total Pancretectomy with auto islet cell transplant/splenectomy
Sub colectomy (80% of colon removed)
More related studies for: Vitamin b12, Osteoarthritis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.