Home > Vitamin b12 > Rapid heart beat > Vitamin b12 and Rapid heart beat
Review: could Vitamin b12 cause Rapid heart beat (Heart Rate Increased)?
Summary: Rapid heart beat is found among people who take Vitamin b12, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypertension.
We study 2,430 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin b12 from FDA and social media. Among them, 23 have Rapid heart beat. Find out below who they are, when they have Rapid heart beat and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vitamin b12 and have Rapid heart beat >>>
Vitamin b12 (latest outcomes from 2,929 users) has active ingredients of cobalamin. It is often used in vitamin b12 deficiency.
Rapid heart beat
Rapid heart beat (latest reports from 214,183 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, asthma.
On Nov, 13, 2014: 2,430 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin b12. Among them, 23 people (0.95%) have Rapid Heart Beat.
Time on Vitamin b12 when people have Rapid heart beat * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Rapid heart beat||25.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||25.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Rapid heart beat when taking Vitamin b12 * :
|Rapid heart beat||86.96%||13.04% |
Age of people who have Rapid heart beat when taking Vitamin b12 * :
|Rapid heart beat||0.00%||0.00%||5.00%||5.00%||5.00%||10.00%||35.00%||40.00% |
Severity of Rapid heart beat when taking Vitamin b12 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Rapid heart beat||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Rapid heart beat ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Rapid heart beat||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (4 people, 17.39%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (4 people, 17.39%)
- Depression (2 people, 8.70%)
- Multiple sclerosis (2 people, 8.70%)
- Muscle spasms (1 people, 4.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (5 people, 21.74%)
- Premarin (5 people, 21.74%)
- Carafate (4 people, 17.39%)
- Vitamin e (4 people, 17.39%)
- Celebrex (4 people, 17.39%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Rapid Heart Beat while taking Vitamin B12?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vitamin b12 and have Rapid Heart Beat
- support group for people who take Vitamin b12
- support group for people who have Rapid Heart Beat
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does anyone else have trouble getting to sleep since beginning to take brilinta?
(Asked by a 76 year old woman who has Initial Insomnia, and takes Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, CoQ10, Aspirin, Brilinta, Omeprazole, Pravastatin Sodium, Tekturna)
Am trying to figure out just why, since stent insertion, I have developed insomnia which keeps me from getting to sleep at night. Brilinta is the only new drug I am taking.I am very sleepy, falling asleep in my chair while watching TV, but wide awake when I go to bed and staying awake until two or t ...
- What do i have, it's bothering me
(Asked by a 98 year old woman who has Burning Bones--bones Feel On Fire, and takes Turmeric Root, Vitamin B12, Fish Oil, Lipoic Acid, Chamomile, Milkweed, Valerian, Kava)
finger bones on fire at tips and also toes burning like fire; back of neck and tip of nose very cold and eyes puffy; urine is red sometimes but then sometimes dark brown with yellow foam and white spots in it; tongue coated all white and smells bad; can't sit still because the tailbone is on fire; a ...
- Can testosterone cause hyperkinectic heart symtom
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has Hyperkinetic Heart Syndrome, and takes Metformin, Vitamin D, Cranberry, Vitamin B12, Gabapentin, Aspirin, Simvastatin, Lisinopril, Effexor, Verapamil Hydrochloride)
I used testosone injections for more that 20 years.
- Is xanax useful to trear increased heart rate
(Asked by a 46 year old man who has Anxiety, Heart Rate Increased, and takes Skelaxin, Aspirin)
pulse rate sky high and very nervous. took half a skelaxin barrel shaped pill beige in color.
- I have been talking vitamin b12 for the past week. instead of gaining energy it has been making me feel very sleepy and weak. why is this happening.
(Asked by a 26 year old woman who has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, and takes Vitamin B12)
I am working 2 job right now and I was seeking a natural supplement to help me through the days. A friend suggested vitamin b12. I have tried energy drinks and coffee and those things tend to cause my heart to rase. I thought that it would be best to try a viamin. The first day I noticed that I bec ...
More questions for: Vitamin b12, Rapid heart beat
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Nexium and feeling cold
(Posted by a 57 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, High Blood Pressure, Overactive Bladder, and takes Nexium, Levothyroxine Sodium, Vesicare, Vitamin B12, Tramadol)
I took Nexium (1 40mg capsule) and approximately 45 minutes later, I felt extremely cold. I could not get warm, even though I put on a polartec jacket and sat near a heater.
I also was extremely nauseated at the same time.
About 30 minutes after the incident began, it ended. I no longer was ...
- I got pneumonia while taking topamax, obvious correlation
(Posted by a 44 year old woman who has Plantar Fasciitis, Trigger Finger, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Anemia, Malabsorption, Gastric Bypass, Osteopenia, Chronic Pancreatitis, Depression, and takes Klonopin, Ambien Cr, Prilosec Otc, Zenpep, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin D, Vitamin A, Job's-tears, Vitamin B12, Zofran, Zantac, Zyrtec, Doxycycline Hyclate, Reclast, Venofer, Neurontin, Buspar, Effexor, Dilaudid)
I do not take all the medicines above all the time but I am using an implanted pump giving me less than 2mg of dilaudid per day, 75 mg effexor daily and usually buspar. Dr prescribed topamax within 4 days I was hospitalized with Pneumonia, stayed a week came home a week had a clear chest x ray and ...
More reviews for: Vitamin b12, Rapid heart beat
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin Pediatric for a patient with Infection - Ear. The patient has Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Heart Rate Increased, Breathing - Rapid And Deep, Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness), Lethargy (tiredness), Ear Infection (ear infection), Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat), Fever, Inability To Crawl, High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Comments: My son is 17 months old and been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes but I just received a call from his physician that he is positive for Enterovirus. What is the connection between Enterovirus and high blood sugar levels?
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, B Complex Vitamin for a patient with Muscle Atrophy. The patient has Paresis, Nerve Conduction Studies Abnormal, Fasciculations Of Muscle, Muscle Atrophy
Comments: My right hand started showing problems in late 2005, I was losing mobility (at the age of 30 back then), especially in my thumb, with pronounced fasciculations, without any injury.
I was referred to a neurological clinic. There I did all the neurological exams. MRI both with and without contrast ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a patient with Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, Gerd, Depression. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
Comments: irritability and lack of patience with myself
- A study of side effects of Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a patient with Anxiety. The patient has Shaking Palsy (disorder of the central nervous system characterized by tremor and impaired muscular coordination), Chest Discomfort, Ear Discomfort, Chest Pressure Sensation (feeling of pressure on chest), Difficulty In Walking, Difficulty Falling Asleep (sleeplessness), Vertigo Aggravated, Leg Cramping, Hot Flushes (sudden feelings of heat), Dizziness Aggravated, Double Vision (double vision), Heart Rate Increased
Comments: Feeling of butterflies in ears, pressure in chest along with increased feeling of anxiety, extremely fidgety legs, unable to sit still, trembling extremities, severe shakiness.
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Plaquenil, Levothroid, Lexapro for a patient with General Ill Feeling, Pernicious Anemia, Rheumatoid Factor Positive, Thyroid Disorder, Depression. The patient has Aphasia
Comments: I say the wrong word while thinking the correct word. Often the word I say is related to the wrong word. Also, I have a hard time remember words.
More related studies for: Vitamin b12, Rapid heart beat
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.