Review: could Vitamin b12 cause Rash (Rashes)?
Summary: Rash is found among people who take Vitamin b12, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Lipitor, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 2,441 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin b12 from FDA and social media. Among them, 52 have Rash. Find out below who they are, when they have Rash and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vitamin b12 and have Rash >>>
Vitamin b12 has active ingredients of cobalamin. It is often used in vitamin b12 deficiency. (latest outcomes from Vitamin b12 2,941 users)
Rash (redness) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, depression.(latest reports from Rash 150,227 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 2,430 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin b12. Among them, 47 people (1.93%) have Rash.
Time on Vitamin b12 when people have Rash * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Rash when taking Vitamin b12 * :
Age of people who have Rash when taking Vitamin b12 * :
Severity of Rash when taking Vitamin b12 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Rash ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (5 people, 10.64%)
- Non-small cell lung cancer (3 people, 6.38%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 6.38%)
- Multiple myeloma (3 people, 6.38%)
- Anxiety (2 people, 4.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lipitor (12 people, 25.53%)
- Aspirin (11 people, 23.40%)
- Celebrex (8 people, 17.02%)
- Folic acid (8 people, 17.02%)
- Premarin (6 people, 12.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Rash while taking Vitamin B12?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vitamin b12 and have Rash
- support group for people who take Vitamin b12
- support group for people who have Rash
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How long does redness last after picato?
After 3 and a half weeks, I still have a huge red splotch on my face where I applied picato gel according to directions from my dermatologist. I'm very worried that it will be permanent. I had a huge water filled blister the morning after my first application of the gel. I used it two more times as directed. After a week, some of the redness was going away but I've seen no more improvement in the past two weeks. I'm still scaley, rough and red.
Has anyone else experience this? I went by the doctors office the first morning and was told it was as expected. I've called back and been told not to worry. I see the dr in two more weeks, but for now, I'm quite upset that permanent damage has been done. I was not warned at all that this could happen. The photos in the medication packaging led me to believe that in 3 weeks, all redness would be gone. Info needed for sure. Please let me know. Thanks
- Does anyone else have trouble getting to sleep since beginning to take brilinta?
Am trying to figure out just why, since stent insertion, I have developed insomnia which keeps me from getting to sleep at night. Brilinta is the only new drug I am taking.I am very sleepy, falling asleep in my chair while watching TV, but wide awake when I go to bed and staying awake until two or three in the morning. I do not nap during the day and am pretty active with cardio rehab and walking the dogs three times a day.
- I used coartem and developed redish all over my body. can coartem cause rashes
i developed rashes which is itching me after using coartem for three days. also having sensation in my mouth and blister at the angle of my lips. could it be a side effect from coartem?
- What do i have, it's bothering me (1 answer)
finger bones on fire at tips and also toes burning like fire; back of neck and tip of nose very cold and eyes puffy; urine is red sometimes but then sometimes dark brown with yellow foam and white spots in it; tongue coated all white and smells bad; can't sit still because the tailbone is on fire; also burning when passing urine and poo poo smell very bad like ammonia; vision blur and see floating spots when i bend down to tie shoe--can't cook food, smell too bad, really bad if fish or carrots; sounds all loud and ringy and have the ring in right ear at night; wake up early and can't sleep well--want to throw up some times--never do, but get really dizzy--skin have rash on elbows and losing hair on top and also on botton, where it turn grey--everything smell bad, even ocean air or from fan in attic; can't stand sound of birds skawking--want to just lie down all the time--no energy--legs get weak late in morning or if i sit too long-can't watch tv no more, all the colors blur and have to sit too close and everyone get mad--stuff drip from nose and dry on upper lip--taste bad--hard to swallow--try a lot to swallow--feel lump in throat all the time--big lump on neck move up and down when i swallow; get very red and hurt a lot. what do i have? no one know. no doctor want see me. what i have?
- Does ginger treats skin rashes?
i have skin rashes and i treated it with ginger is it right to treat to treat skin rashes with ginger?
More questions for: Vitamin b12, Rash
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Rash from eating kale
I ate kale for the first time on Monday. I only had a small bowl of fresh mixed green salad, so it wasn't entirely Kale. By Tuesday, I had a small rash on my left hip. I ignored it at first. Thursday evening, I decided to eat a large kale salad with other veggies and salmon, all of which I have eaten regularly aside from kale. Friday morning, my entire body was covered in the same rash that appeared Tuesday. I went to the ER. The doc said it was some type of allergic reaction. The ONLY thing I did/consumed different was the kale. I can't find much about it's reactions, though.
- Skin rash in diclofenac potassium
After a car accident in 2011 I took Diclofenac for back & shoulder off and on for about a year. During that time I developed random spots usually on my arms and legs that itch severely and sometimes get infected. I still suffer from the itchy spots and I am DESPERATE for a cure for my agony. I haven't taken the medicine for over a year but the itchy spots still come and go.
- Nexium and feeling cold (1 response)
I took Nexium (1 40mg capsule) and approximately 45 minutes later, I felt extremely cold. I could not get warm, even though I put on a polartec jacket and sat near a heater.
I also was extremely nauseated at the same time.
About 30 minutes after the incident began, it ended. I no longer was cold and I was no longer nauseated.
- I got pneumonia while taking topamax, obvious correlation
I do not take all the medicines above all the time but I am using an implanted pump giving me less than 2mg of dilaudid per day, 75 mg effexor daily and usually buspar. Dr prescribed topamax within 4 days I was hospitalized with Pneumonia, stayed a week came home a week had a clear chest x ray and the next week I got it again and was hospitalized 9 days that time. I knew I had been on the med but could not remember the side effect that made me come off previously until i started it again 2 days ago and woke today with Pneumonia again. Last time my pulmonologist said that the med in combination with the antidepressant which is all I take right now relaxes me too much and it paralyzes my choking reflex causing aspiration of saliva and ultimately waking up sick as the bacteria laced fluid goes crazy in the moist conditions of the lungs.
More reviews for: Vitamin b12, Rash
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- not itchy. appears on stomach, sides, back, chest & hips. noticed after a painful bowel movement due to anal fissure. also ate random selection of food at buffer a couple hours prior. very light red. ability to "write on skin" (noticed when itching occured). not sure if itching was due to anxiety of ...
- had a procedure to melt and remove fat from abdomen ... used versed IV as anaesthesia, wasn't very effective, had a lot of pain and memory of procedure. Rash developed on my face around mouth, nose, and eyes ... getting worse over past 18 months.
- My right hand started showing problems in late 2005, I was losing mobility (at the age of 30 back then), especially in my thumb, with pronounced fasciculations, without any injury.
I was referred to a neurological clinic. There I did all the neurological exams. MRI both with and without contrast ...
- I have what seems like a very moderate to severe reaction to the antibiotic Avelox. My doctor said the reaction is called "Red Man Syndrome". All I know is my skin turns red, is tender to the touch and my heart races. It was a very scary reaction.
- Have had continued hair loss for the last 5 years. It started slowly in the front of scalp but am now losing hair all over my head. Am wondering if it is the Clonidine causing this problem. Am taking Clonidine for Menopausal Hot Flashes.
More related studies for: Vitamin b12, Rash
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.