Review: could Vitamin b12 cause Stomach pain (Abdominal pain)?
Summary: Stomach pain is found among people who take Vitamin b12, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Vitamin d, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 2,441 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin b12 from FDA and social media. Among them, 34 have Stomach pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Stomach pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Vitamin b12 and have Stomach pain >>>
Vitamin b12 has active ingredients of cobalamin. It is often used in vitamin b12 deficiency. (latest outcomes from Vitamin b12 2,941 users)
Stomach Pain has been reported by people with birth control, high blood pressure, crohn's disease, pain, depression.(view latest reports from 76,969 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 2,430 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin b12. Among them, 34 people (1.40%) have Stomach Pain.
Time on Vitamin b12 when people have Stomach pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stomach pain||0.00%||57.14%||28.57%||0.00%||14.29%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Stomach pain when taking Vitamin b12 * :
|Stomach pain||78.38%||21.62% |
Age of people who have Stomach pain when taking Vitamin b12 * :
|Stomach pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.71%||20.00%||22.86%||25.71%||25.71% |
Severity of Stomach pain when taking Vitamin b12 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stomach pain||28.57%||42.86%||14.29%||14.29% |
How people recovered from Stomach pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Stomach pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (7 people, 20.59%)
- Crohn's disease (5 people, 14.71%)
- Vitamin d decreased (3 people, 8.82%)
- Birth control (3 people, 8.82%)
- Migraine (3 people, 8.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin d (14 people, 41.18%)
- Folic acid (14 people, 41.18%)
- Prednisone (12 people, 35.29%)
- Vitamin e (8 people, 23.53%)
- Carafate (6 people, 17.65%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Stomach Pain while taking Vitamin B12?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Vitamin b12 and have Stomach Pain
- support group for people who take Vitamin b12
- support group for people who have Stomach Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does anyone else have trouble getting to sleep since beginning to take brilinta?
Am trying to figure out just why, since stent insertion, I have developed insomnia which keeps me from getting to sleep at night. Brilinta is the only new drug I am taking.I am very sleepy, falling asleep in my chair while watching TV, but wide awake when I go to bed and staying awake until two or three in the morning. I do not nap during the day and am pretty active with cardio rehab and walking the dogs three times a day.
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- What do i have, it's bothering me (1 answer)
finger bones on fire at tips and also toes burning like fire; back of neck and tip of nose very cold and eyes puffy; urine is red sometimes but then sometimes dark brown with yellow foam and white spots in it; tongue coated all white and smells bad; can't sit still because the tailbone is on fire; also burning when passing urine and poo poo smell very bad like ammonia; vision blur and see floating spots when i bend down to tie shoe--can't cook food, smell too bad, really bad if fish or carrots; sounds all loud and ringy and have the ring in right ear at night; wake up early and can't sleep well--want to throw up some times--never do, but get really dizzy--skin have rash on elbows and losing hair on top and also on botton, where it turn grey--everything smell bad, even ocean air or from fan in attic; can't stand sound of birds skawking--want to just lie down all the time--no energy--legs get weak late in morning or if i sit too long-can't watch tv no more, all the colors blur and have to sit too close and everyone get mad--stuff drip from nose and dry on upper lip--taste bad--hard to swallow--try a lot to swallow--feel lump in throat all the time--big lump on neck move up and down when i swallow; get very red and hurt a lot. what do i have? no one know. no doctor want see me. what i have?
- Can testosterone cause hyperkinectic heart symtom
I used testosone injections for more that 20 years.
- Could prolonged methotrexate injections(for ra) in the fatty front of the abdomen cause stomach digestive muscles to weaken, thus contribution got gastoparesis?
I have had moderate to severe RA for six years, but have been weekly injecting methotrexate into the front fatty tissue on either side of my abdomen for two years (as a supplemental drug to biologics). Is it reasonable to inquire of the possibility that those injections weakened my digestive muscles of my stomach and thus contributing to or causing my recently diagnosed gastroparesis?
More questions for: Vitamin b12, Stomach pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Paragard and norethindrone acet
I had many reproductive issues arise after the birth of my daughter. Everything from constant swelling, pain an vaginal tearing, pre cancerous tumors. (cervical). I also have mild spots of endometriosis and ovarian cyst all of these are genetic in my family. I also have blood clotting factors so paragard was the only BC choice for me it caused me alot of bleeding issues I went 3monyhs on one straight period. So my Dr put me on norethindrone acet. To stop periods all together which caused all of my issues above to subside, apparently my hormones where the cause of my issues. I love the paragard an norethindrone combination!!!!
- Poisened by fenofibrate
it started in Apr. 2013. I would eat and get sick to my stomach. I would have severe shooting pains in my stomach area. My bowels were loose and would stay that way. Or at times I would just be nauseated for no apparent reason. My mouth got dry and I began having dizzy spells. Those last two symptoms mostly went away except for the dizziness which would only happen if I bent over. By July it was hard to look at food at all. This went on for an entire year, every day. The VA, which was taking care of me, diagnosed me with a bad gall bladder. It was finally taken out in Sept. Unfortunately it did me no good.
On March 20, 2014, I took myself off this medication. Five days later the symptoms started to lift.
- Febrero 2014 - daniel alberto romero
The dosis: Flecainida-Diondel: 100 mg (twice a day) - Pradaxa-Dabigatran Etexilato: 150 mg twice a day - Bisoprolol fumarato-Corbis: 2.5 mg daily
sometimes I get a chest pain and other days an acid sensation coming from the stomach. I assign these drugs as to be the cause as I never felt this way before.
- Nexium and feeling cold (1 response)
I took Nexium (1 40mg capsule) and approximately 45 minutes later, I felt extremely cold. I could not get warm, even though I put on a polartec jacket and sat near a heater.
I also was extremely nauseated at the same time.
About 30 minutes after the incident began, it ended. I no longer was cold and I was no longer nauseated.
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
More reviews for: Vitamin b12, Stomach pain
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have osteoarthritis and am coeliac. I follow a gluten free diet. Recently I have developed severe stomach pain which comes on about 1 - 2 hours after eating. Ant acids and over the counter medicine such as Gaviscon don't seem to help. It goes away gradually on its own but the occasions are get ...
- For approximately the last six months I've been getting a sporadic sharp pain in my lower left abdomen. However, the past two weeks I haven't been taking the vitamins I usually take, but started taking them again yesterday. Today I've been in pain which I haven't had for the past two weeks. L-Carn ...
- There is a pain in my neck as well as a pain under my jaw no swelling i only feel it when i touch a small aarea.there is pain in my muscles and around my left breast area only when touching or laying on my stomach each symtom lasted two days then switched to a new symptom it's been onne week since i ...
- My right hand started showing problems in late 2005, I was losing mobility (at the age of 30 back then), especially in my thumb, with pronounced fasciculations, without any injury.
I was referred to a neurological clinic. There I did all the neurological exams. MRI both with and without contrast ...
- I feel that i get depressed and anxiety when the medication wears off. Also the irritability does too. My biggest concern is the sexual dysfunction. I've been taking both medications for about a week now and its the first time I've experienced it. I cant even get myself hard and i feel that my penis ...
More related studies for: Vitamin b12, Stomach pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.