Review: could Vitamin b12 cause Upset stomach (Nausea and vomiting)?
Summary: Upset stomach is found among people who take Vitamin b12, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Oxycontin, and have Pain.
We study 2,481 people who have side effects while taking Vitamin b12 from FDA and social media. Among them, 40 have Upset stomach. Find out below who they are, when they have Upset stomach and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Vitamin b12 and have Upset stomach >>>
Vitamin b12 has active ingredients of cobalamin. It is often used in vitamin b12 deficiency. (latest outcomes from 2,982 Vitamin b12 users)
Upset stomach has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, depression, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 142,490 Upset stomach patients)
On Mar, 13, 2015: 2,481 people reported to have side effects when taking Vitamin b12. Among them, 57 people (2.30%) have Upset Stomach.
Time on Vitamin b12 when people have Upset stomach * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Upset stomach||11.11%||0.00%||22.22%||55.56%||0.00%||11.11%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Upset stomach when taking Vitamin b12 * :
|Upset stomach||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Upset stomach when taking Vitamin b12 * :
|Upset stomach||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.59%||12.70%||19.05%||23.81%||42.86% |
Severity of Upset stomach when taking Vitamin b12 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Upset stomach||10.00%||10.00%||70.00%||10.00% |
How people recovered from Upset stomach ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Upset stomach||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (17 people, 29.82%)
- Crohn's disease (6 people, 10.53%)
- Nausea and vomiting (6 people, 10.53%)
- Reflux esophagitis (5 people, 8.77%)
- Esophageal stricture - benign (5 people, 8.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycontin (16 people, 28.07%)
- Folic acid (16 people, 28.07%)
- Levaquin (15 people, 26.32%)
- Prednisone (15 people, 26.32%)
- Reglan (14 people, 24.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of vitamin b12 and upset stomach on
Do you have Upset Stomach while taking Vitamin B12?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Vitamin b12 and have Upset Stomach
- support group for people who take Vitamin b12
- support group for people who have Upset Stomach
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Albuterol, Dronabinol, Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Phenergan for a 45-year old woman with Pain - Abdomen, Gerd, Increased Appetite, Nausea, Pain, Nausea And Vomiting. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of side effects of Vitamin B12 for a 29-year old woman with Vitamin B-12 Level. The patient has Dry Throat
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Vitamin D, Magnesium Sulfate In Plastic Container, Biotin, Vitamin B12, Cytomel, Singulair, Elavil, Omeprazole, Effexor Xr for a 41-year old woman with Osteoporosis, Chronic Depression, Migraine - Classic, Keratosis Pilaris, Asthma, Gerd. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of side effects of Ceftriaxone for a 77-year old woman with Infection - Kidney. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting, Elevated Liver Enzymes (high liver enzymes), Liver Cirrhosis (end result of chronic liver damage caused by chronic liver disease), Emboli (a blood clot, air bubble, piece of fatty deposit, or other object that has been carried in the bloodstream), Gallstones (stone formation by bile component)
- A study of drug interactions between Latuda, Lamictal for a 46-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder, Bipolar. The patient has Vomiting, Upset Stomach
Recent Vitamin b12 related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.